Dealer told me today why my TG runs hot

I was wishing M3 would have read this one, he would have had some choice words for that dealership.

I've been reading:D, and yes I think the dealer is a cookie cutter type who is more interested in selling Tee Shirts and slip shod service vs making a customer happy. She's between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the dealer and the MoCo, one other option is call Harley customer service and explain what has been happening and how the dealer has been addressing her concerns.

Speaking of cookie cutters and slip shod service:D I road past the dealer my dad and I used to do business with new Boutique Friday afternoon, it did my heart good to see an empty parking lot:laugh:.

I've been reading:D, and yes I think the dealer is a cookie cutter type who is more interested in selling Tee Shirts and slip shod service vs making a customer happy. She's between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the dealer and the MoCo, one other option is call Harley customer service and explain what has been happening and how the dealer has been addressing her concerns.

Speaking of cookie cutters and slip shod service:D I road past the dealer my dad and I used to do business with new Boutique Friday afternoon, it did my heart good to see an empty parking lot:laugh:.

We wish him all the luck in the world and we hope he has a successful going OUT OF BUSINESS SALE.

I did a lengthy reply, seems to have disappeared. Too many nasty words I guess.

Some on the board are taking this humorously, I'm turning purple with rage. Just who in the HECK does that *^%%^ Service Manager think he is. I would wonder what the owner has to say when you relay his "you are too short" message. Sure hope you are on the phone with the MoCo filing complaint after complaint. It sounds like you were sold an unridable motorcycle. They need to fix it or buy it back. Have you researched the Lemon Laws in your state??? They got me a created engine for my boat.

Here is the only problem I can forsee. You mentioned all the 'stuff' you have had bolted on. When push comes to shove you may have a problem. All this stuff about how THEY have to prove just isn't true. They will deny any claim. Your only recourse is a lawyer and sue. If Mr. Lawyer doesn't see a good payday for HIMSELF you are out of luck. PERIOD. If you have put air deflectors, air dams, tuners, catless pipes etc MoCo can just say you modified your bike, NO WARRANTY.

Sounds like you have a $35,000 unusable toy, just not satisfactory with me. I sure as heck would never use that dealer again, I don't care how far the next one was.

Good Luck

I dont see any reason for you to turn purple,red green or whatever color you want to be today. We are all adults and handle things differently. I am sure she has a handle how to deal with her bike and her own way!

We are all entitled to our own opinoins and have to respect that whether we make jokes about it or not. Sometimes it does release the stress??

I think we do all agree on is the fact the answer she got does not justify the problem and yes maybe she should take it up with the MOCO or the owner of that Dealership.

Just my two cents..:Shrug:

I dont see any reason for you to turn purple,red green or whatever color you want to be today. We are all adults and handle things differently. I am sure she has a handle how to deal with her bike and her own way!

We are all entitled to our own opinoins and have to respect that whether we make jokes about it or not. Sometimes it does release the stress??

I think we do all agree on is the fact the answer she got does not justify the problem and yes maybe she should take it up with the MOCO or the owner of that Dealership.

Just my two cents..:Shrug:

I've had the pleasure of personally discussing this with Skeet and no modifications to exhaust or tune have been made. The bike is just ridiculously hot.

Trust me... she is very capable of handling herself and will.

The main issue is locality. She can turn left and talk to a Goober Dealership or turn right and talk to Gomer Pile Service Manager.... that's not much of a choice.

When Admin deletes a post then there was a good reason for it. To agree TM...Time to move forward and be positive.

First my wind deflectors, then my lowers and I should take those off. Oh, and I should have one of those moon shaped thingies under the triple tree, well, I thought it would not fit. Apparently he doesn't know. Then he said my horn cover and ac cover are blue due to my short legs. My jeans are blocking the air to the motor!!! Wonder if he wanted to say I need to take my legs off too!

You must have bought yours at Boswell's....They told me I needed to run 60wt. oil and the Amsoil synthetic was too slick....The needle bearings would spin instead of turn....I can't believe anyone out there would believe that crap.....I didn't

You must have bought yours at Boswell's....They told me I needed to run 60wt. oil and the Amsoil synthetic was too slick....The needle bearings would spin instead of turn....I can't believe anyone out there would believe that crap.....I didn't

There are dealers who still stick with the old play book, I had a mechanic at the dealer we used to do business with tell me I should change my oil every 2,500 miles. I looked at him and told him I wouldn't be tossing away perfectly good oil.

YEP!

There are dealers who still stick with the old play book, I had a mechanic at the dealer we used to do business with tell me I should change my oil every 2,500 miles. I looked at him and told him I wouldn't be tossing away perfectly good oil.

Oil subjects are always dicey, so had to put on the asbestos suit before posting here, LOL!

I respect that you and your Dad had other issues with that dealer and I don't blame you for not going there anymore. If he was talking about changing dino oil at 2500 miles, I'm not in total disagreement with him. If he was talking about changing synthetic oil at that mileage, then he's from a different planet.........:laugh:

Everyone has their own rule-of-thumb when it comes to oil and frequency of oil changes. Not to argue, but for comparison's sake, I know a lot of folks (myself included) who change dino oil at every 3000 miles or every 3 months (whichever comes first). Oil being the life blood of the machine, it allows me peace of mind to do regular, fairly frequent oil changes to remove particulates, etc. but not everyone agrees and that's fine. To each their own ThumbUp

If it hasn't been done yet, it might be interesting to see a thread of who uses dino, who uses synths, and at what intervals they do oil changes........

Ride Safe.........

Just another way of looking at it (not that it has to change anyone's minds)...

A cross-country run is approx. 3000 miles:

LA to Miami = approx. 2700 miles
LA to NYC = approx. 2800 miles
Frisco to NYC = approx. 2900 miles
Frisco to Miami = approx. 3000 miles

Some might make a run like that round trip and choose not to change their oil. Others might make a run like that and do an oil change before heading back on their return trip (I know I would)

As always.......to each their own ThumbUp

Ride Safe...........

It would depend on the type oil. You're right if it is dino oil. I would change at each end point. If it was just a leasurly ride both ways and Syn oil, I would change when I returned home.

One year going to Canada, about 1200 miles round trip, I did change my syn oil as soon as I got back because at the border coming home, at almost "no go" in stop and go traffic, my oil went to 310* on my digital dip stick. I had to pull over because the bike kept moving forward with the clutch pulled all the way in. That time I did change all the fluids. :D

No more hot issues, no more pinging down the road TTS ARE READY TO START SHIPPING, YEA!!!

Oh, by the way MoCo just told me to find a second opinion, they gave me a reference number to give to the SM of my choosing....lots of help there, yea buddy!!! They noted what the SM told me about my legs blocking the air, the guy John listened to what I said and had me to repeat it, then when I said "and I spend $35K on my toy and I want it to run correctly", end of subject, I was told to get the second opinion and give them a reference number. He immediately talked over me to end the conversation. They do not want to hear you say you spend tons of money, so they just get off the phone.

Now, the weather is going cool this weekend, great riding, but I will not be able to get out of my garage, having alot of rock work done around my driveway, stuff is falling down since it was all built in 1964.

It would depend on the type oil. You're right if it is dino oil. I would change at each end point. If it was just a leasurly ride both ways and Syn oil, I would change when I returned home.

One year going to Canada, about 1200 miles round trip, I did change my syn oil as soon as I got back because at the border coming home, at almost "no go" in stop and go traffic, my oil went to 310* on my digital dip stick. I had to pull over because the bike kept moving forward with the clutch pulled all the way in. That time I did change all the fluids. :D

ThumbUp......We're on the same page, GARYD, and I agree with everything you've said.

310* is spooky hot and whether it was necessary or not afterwards, I'd have changed out all the fluids as well. An ounce of prevention goes a l-o-n-g way.

Good on ya and Ride Safe...........ThumbUp

No more hot issues, no more pinging down the road TTS ARE READY TO START SHIPPING, YEA!!!

Oh, by the way MoCo just told me to find a second opinion, they gave me a reference number to give to the SM of my choosing....lots of help there, yea buddy!!! They noted what the SM told me about my legs blocking the air, the guy John listened to what I said and had me to repeat it, then when I said "and I spend $35K on my toy and I want it to run correctly", end of subject, I was told to get the second opinion and give them a reference number. He immediately talked over me to end the conversation. They do not want to hear you say you spend tons of money, so they just get off the phone.

Now, the weather is going cool this weekend, great riding, but I will not be able to get out of my garage, having alot of rock work done around my driveway, stuff is falling down since it was all built in 1964.

Thanx for the up-date, Skeet7373, and sure hope that it all gets sorted out to your satisfaction. After spending $35K, you're certainly entitled to a GOOD running machine!

Ya know, after reading all of the problems that folks have been having with the TriGlide, it makes me wonder if the MoCo isn't eating some karma for pulling out of their trike building agreement with Lehman........:Shrug:.........nah, couldn't be that, LOL!

He immediately talked over me to end the conversation. They do not want to hear you say you spend tons of money, so they just get off the phone.

I had the same thing when I talked to HD's customer service, they changed their tune when I told them if they continued down their chosen path it wouldn't end well for them because they would be in the same boat as the auto makers and Uncle Sugar wouldn't be riding to their rescue with a bail out. This was over the sluggish acceleration with the 32 tooth sprocket. I believe in the end it resulted in the change to the 30 tooth sprocket.

Just another way of looking at it (not that it has to change anyone's minds)...

A cross-country run is approx. 3000 miles:

LA to Miami = approx. 2700 miles
LA to NYC = approx. 2800 miles
Frisco to NYC = approx. 2900 miles
Frisco to Miami = approx. 3000 miles

Some might make a run like that round trip and choose not to change their oil. Others might make a run like that and do an oil change before heading back on their return trip (I know I would)

As always.......to each their own ThumbUp

Ride Safe...........

On my cross country trip, the oil was changed when the "B" trip meter hit 5,000 miles. It happened to be on the westbound leg in Illinois. Then had it changed again after getting home, about 5,300 on "B". Haven't seen the need to mess with syn3 until 5,000 miles is up. But if it were dino, it would be every 2,500 like others have said for sure!

On my cross country trip, the oil was changed when the "B" trip meter hit 5,000 miles. It happened to be on the westbound leg in Illinois. Then had it changed again after getting home, about 5,300 on "B". Haven't seen the need to mess with syn3 until 5,000 miles is up. But if it were dino, it would be every 2,500 like others have said for sure!

Makes perfect sense to me. With synthetics allowing for roughly double the mileage as gotten on dino before a recommended oil change, have seen synth oil change intervals anywhere's from 5000-7500 miles or every 6 months, with some folks going 10,000 miles on synth before changing it out, so you're definitely on the safer and wiser side of the interval scale ThumbUp

Seems like whenever an extremely high mileage vehicle is found, whether motorcycle, car, whatever.....and when the owner is asked what they attribute their high mileage to, their first response is almost invariably "Regular and frequent oil changes".

Ride Safe..........

Makes perfect sense to me. With synthetics allowing for roughly double the mileage as gotten on dino before a recommended oil change, have seen synth oil change intervals anywhere's from 5000-7500 miles or every 6 months, with some folks going 10,000 miles on synth before changing it out, so you're definitely on the safer and wiser side of the interval scale ThumbUp

Seems like whenever an extremely high mileage vehicle is found, whether motorcycle, car, whatever.....and when the owner is asked what they attribute their high mileage to, their first response is almost invariably "Regular and frequent oil changes".

Ride Safe..........

FWIW I normally send an oil sample to Black Stone for analysis, this is the results from the sample I sent to them last year when I drained the oil with 5,300 miles on it. At the time I was running Syn3 in just the engine only, as you said a synthetic oil will hold up much better.

10triglide72711.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png