• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

led headlight & spots

arnie

450+ Posts
Reaction score
I've been looking at led's for the frt. of my trike.I was wondering what everyone on here was using,thanks

I have the HD LED headlight but not the spots and really like it. Even in the daytime they stand out and are visible to oncoming traffic much more than stock lights. I also have the HD taillights as well. I know Trent here on the site also has the LED headlight and spots. In fact he has all of us lights as LED's including the tour-pak. Kuryaken also has the LED headlights listed in their catalog and are cheaper than the HD ones. I don't know of anyone with those so can't say how they are. Mine even during the day will make the roadside traffic signs reflect and at night the road ahead is clearly lit. I don't do much night driving but wanted the LED headlight to make the trike stand out during the day.

2011 Merlot and Black TG, lift kit, deflectors, LED headlight and taillights, cat removed, stage 1, CVO slipons and PCV. Some bling of course.

I have the new PIAA LED driving lights and LED fogs on my Wing. They definitely are brighter and draw much less amperage. Wish they made an LED version for the stock headlights on the Wing as well.

Here's a photo of the driving lights and the Honda LED fogs;

IMG_0611_zpsdbc7f547.jpg

I have the LED headlight and the passing lamps from Harley and I can tell you what a difference while driving at night...Much whiter brighter light..

Price is a bit steap but I have been really happy..

even went with the Bass ass tail lights..that is worth every penny in my book..I do notice people tend to stay further back at times because how bright they are!!

I have the LED headlight and the passing lamps from Harley and I can tell you what a difference while driving at night...Much whiter brighter light..

Price is a bit steap but I have been really happy..

even went with the Bass ass tail lights..that is worth every penny in my book..I do notice people tend to stay further back at times because how bright they are!!

I've seen the LED Harley setup and they are fantastic! Very bright!! The LED tails also do a great job in getting your noticed. I had them on my Valkyrie.

Another option is MotoLights. They usually mount on the lower part of the front forks and also offer an LED set. Here's the link;

http://www.motolight.com/

I've seen the LED Harley setup and they are fantastic! Very bright!! The LED tails also do a great job in getting your noticed. I had them on my Valkyrie.

Another option is MotoLights. They usually mount on the lower part of the front forks and also offer an LED set. Here's the link;

Motorcycle Lights | Motolight
Also if you get certain running boards with the lights built in add to your lighting needs..

Yep...LED lights all the way around on my '11. Plus, last week I added two more 2" amber LED running spots on my front crash bar right where my highway pegs mount. They also flash opposite timing of my turn signal lights. 8 lights in the front, 8 lights in the rear. When ridin' with my Buds in the mountains at night, they have me ride in the lead because it is like daylight in front of them, the better to see the deer. And, I have noticed, and so has my Sweet Co-Pilot, that nobody ever pulls out in front of me any more since I lit it up. A 65 yr old guy was killed here last month on his 2 wheel HD,,someone made a left turn right in front of him,,said they didnt see him. I promise you, they see me! Expensive but worth every dime. Oh, also have a 40 bulb amber LED in the front fender marker light. Can see it way better than the single factory bulb.

thanks everyone.i see where jw speaker makes the lights for h-d.believe it or not they are made in USA!

I second the Bright Ass tail light and the LED spots and headlight. I have added as many lights as I can so hopefully a cager will not run me over. These are an investment in my saftey. Ride Safe....Mike

I second the Bright Ass tail light and the LED spots and headlight. I have added as many lights as I can so hopefully a cager will not run me over. These are an investment in my saftey. Ride Safe....Mike

That's the same reason why I just ordered a second LED spoiler from Tony's Trikes that gets mounted on the Roadsmith main trunk. The more you're seen, the safer you are! ;)

A week after that guy was killed here, there were 2 more identical crashes a day apart involving the exact same thing, cars making left hand turns right in front of Bikes. And,, one of them that made the bad turn was my Wife's Uncle's 20 yr old step grandson, turning into her Uncles driveway in broad daylight. The HD he turned in front of was an older model with a small headlight and was in the shadow of some trees lining the road. Rider is still in the hospital banged up but will make it. Kid sez he never saw him, and did get citations. The other one was a guy on a crotch rocket fully decked out in leathers and full face helmet doing 45 miles an hour. Surprisingly few injuries and actually was up and walking around afterward.

Bright lights are one of the few choices we have to try and prevent this stuff. I have noticed that dark colored bikes do not show up well in tree shadows with the sun in your eyes.

I have HD led headlights and spots on the front and Bright ass led on the back. The guys I ride with say that if they are in the front, you can't even look in the mirror at the headlights and they like following because of tail lights. Highly recommend both! Only thing missing is the jumper to keep spots on with high beams.

Let me toss my 2 penny's worth into here. I have the phase 7 LED lights. Phase 7 Headlights & Passing Lamps | Lighting | Küryakyn In a word. AWESOME! I have the spots and the headlights. We went down a dark road after I had them installed so we could adjust them, looked like a UFO coming down the road. I have mine in an '01 Ultra. Kuryakyn installed them for me in Daytona last year. The older bikes need a pigtail for the spots. I also had the wire harness installed that lets me keep my spots on while the high beam is on. You want to talk about lighting up the night.

For those of you with the Bright Ass tail lights, what Trikes are you putting them on? My husband has it on his HD Ultra bike and you can see him a long way away. I'd like to get it for my ultra classic Roadsmith Trike but didn't even know if they made it for Trikes.

I have LED lights around the wheel wells and engine that at night give off some reflective light and I have the Roadsmith lighted mud flaps that really stand out in the darkness. We use Chrome Glow for all our lighting needs.

For those of you with the Bright Ass tail lights, what Trikes are you putting them on? My husband has it on his HD Ultra bike and you can see him a long way away. I'd like to get it for my ultra classic Roadsmith Trike but didn't even know if they made it for Trikes.

I have LED lights around the wheel wells and engine that at night give off some reflective light and I have the Roadsmith lighted mud flaps that really stand out in the darkness. We use Chrome Glow for all our lighting needs.
Mine is on a triglide but they are universal fit...they would fit on the 2 wheels bikes also..
you can contact Badd Ass Lights as they may have more info for your needs..

Not sure about the roadsmith trikes

If you find a way to install brighter LED tail lights on the Roadsmith, I'm also interested!! I also have the lighted mudflaps along with the fender spoiler lights, and LED license plate frame with running and brake lights and just ordered an second LED Spoiler from Tony's Trikes in Alabama that goes on top of the Roadsmith main trunk.

IMG_0600.jpg

Here's a photo of a Roadsmith with that extra LED spoiler on the main trunk.

lower_trunk_spoiler_zps1148332e.jpg

Kuryakyn has two different LED headlight systems, the Phase 6 and the Phase 7. Which is better and why? Is either better than the HD LED lights, price not withstanding? I really like the extra light produced by the LED headlights but don't know which is the better system and at the prices don't want to have to purchase more than once. Also are there any other options besides HD and Kuryakyn? Thanks. :confused:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png