Stallion Owner - Mikey

Thanks for the info on the three wheel restriction motorcycle license. As much as I would like for my wife to enjoy being out "in the wind" she may be just a tad nervous if she has to pilot a 250cc bike around a course. She only rode ocassionally when I had my Gold Wing, had never ridden on my Triumph Rocket, just looking for a way to get her to enjoy what I enjoy a little easier.

Just to clear up any misconceptions out there I am not in the military (though I retired from the Navy after 21 years, 10 months in 1993) but have worked overseas with KBR six times (Somalia, Marshall Islands, twice in Djibouti and twice in Afghanistan) and am now with Dyncorp in a place called Shah Wali Kot at a camp called FOB Frontenac (base was formerly Canadien) just north of Kandahar which is a twenty minute helo ride away.

I am in charge of the water point here and make sure the water from a local lake has plenty of chlorine in it so that the soldiers can have running water for showers and latrines. My wife is wanting me home within the next year so I'll be calling it quits here around that time.

Dennis

72 dtg Dubai

73 dtg Home

Dennis

My lovely wife and I are in the process of taking into our family a demo Candy Orange 10 Stallion. Looking forward to many trips. I have been following this forum for several months trying to do our research. Formerly
riding a GL1800 01 with Tow pac for last 20k miles of its 150k life. Had to retire it after frame broke. Now parting out.

Martin
Stallion #00688

Hi Martin. Welcome to TrikeTalk :). Ooooooooooooh Candy Orange --- Bet that is sharp! Make sure you start an album on your profile page and post some pictures (we love pictures!) :)

Ted, thanks for that info, I asked my local MSF instructor and he said they hold those in Orlando. Wish it is was closer but I have a sister in law that lives in Lakeland so it can be doable if needed.

Dennis

71 dtg Dubai
72 dtg Home

Ted, thanks for that info, I asked my local MSF instructor and he said they hold those in Orlando. Wish it is was closer but I have a sister in law that lives in Lakeland so it can be doable if needed.

Dennis

71 dtg Dubai
72 dtg Home

Dennis, I took this course, the folks were great. I was the first class, and the first Stallion. They enjoyed my ride, they all took it for a ride. I'll get the web-site and send you the link.

Fred

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all the info I've received so far on the Stallion, I've had a number of pm's and they are providing some good guidance on what to look for. Looking forward to the test ride in August to actually get my "feel" for how it handles.

Is there a photo section in this forum just for the Stallion or is it for all the trike types combined?

Dennis

Members post pictures in albums on their own profile page. Go to various stallion owners names and look on the lower right side to see if they have an album. The other main place is in the garage (see above).

Well people it's been a loooong two days over here but after discovering the "search" function and choosing "Stallion" I was able to find 7 pages (said there was eight but the last four wouldn't show up) of threads (175 of them I think) and just immersed myself in info on the Stallion.

I learned a lot and if my wife is a go after the demo ride I may be joining the Stallion owner ranks (or SOG...sorry) when I get done over here.

For those of you who visit this site I would highly recommend that search feature as there was an unbelievalbe amount of info, knowledge, how to's and ideas available during that read.

I'm going to choose another specific wording of Stallion for the search feature and see what else I can find out. I started off with a list of things i wanted to know and that list has had a lot of cross offs done on it as those questions were answered.

Now if I could just find out where those pictures are that show the Stallion without the body panels on (the one on the TMTS site isn't detailed enough) then I'll really be finishing off my apetite for knowledge on this machine.

Thanks for all the previous questions from all of you that made gathering this info easier.

Hope everyone enjoyed my "pre-Stallion" photo album, I just kind of made myself comfortable and tried to introduce myself and my wife...and other things with the pictures so that you all could know me (and her) a little better.

Dennis

66 dtg Dubai
67 dtg Home

insurance

:D
Before we got our Stallion, we called a few independent insurance agents for quotes. We were surprised that EACH one asked us if we would be wearing our helmets when riding! (answer=yes). We called Geico, but they said they don't insure trikes with __automobile__ engines! Whaddya think of that??:confused: (Something to consider.) We got insurance from Progressive. And......Administrator........thanks for the thread dedicated to Stallion owners.......of which there are......... ?????? :)

I have ins. from Geico here in alabama. Maybe the people you talked to did not know what they were talking about O well know you will enjoy yours

Yes, we have our stallion! We went to Daytona for Bike Week twice last week (where we had the stallion pinstriped) and it ran great. We got a lot of stares and a couple of "kids" wanted to race, so I floored it for about 5 blocks and kept up with them. My wife asked me if I was 17 again! LOL We went to a BTW meeting in Inglis, FL, Saturday morning. What a nice group! And we went to a "winger" group in Leesburg, FL, Thursday evening. Another nice group! We had a couple issues with the stallion but Motortrike in Daytona is taking care of everything to our satisfaction. Libby and Russel there are the best!!

We plan to go to the GWRRA District Rally in Kissimmee this coming week-end. Hope to see you there! Any other stallion owners out there yet? I know there have been 4 deliverred in Florida and there should be a few more in the next week or so. ...............Mikey and Natalie

Here's a picture, hope it comes out OK>>>>>>>>>

glad you like your new trike i'am in north Tampa on US Hwy 301 , if your in the area welcome aboard, and hope to see you sometime ....

IMG_0099.jpg

glad you like your new Stallion, and welcome to the group i'am in north tampa on US HWY 301

New Stallion owner

On 26 Oct 2021 I purchased a used 2009 Thoroughbred Stallion from an original owner who lives in Dover Florida. Just so happens about 10 years ago I was at a car show and saw for the first time a Thoroughbred Stallion. I fell in love with it. Flash forward 10 years and look what I found. That same Stallion was for sale and now it's mine. With a few repairs, new tires, and my own touches it's ready for the road. Screenshot_20211103-191500_Photos.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png