Keokuk, Iowa

Huelshorst

Reaction score
Have had a GW 1800 trike, a Roadsmith by the Trike Shop. Going to trade for a trike that has the softest ride. Looking at a Harley Ultra with a Motortrike kit. That's as far as I've gotten... Hello to the forum and all its members.... Mike

Welcome Mike. I always enjoy riding by the corn fields out that way. My wife gets a little sick of my always saying "look dear, more corn".:qpnmt:

Welcome. Best wishes for finding a trike that meets your "comfy" requirements. I chose a Motor Trike, but you wouldn't believe how that selection was made :)D :laugh: ;)). Regardless, have fun, post often, ride safe. :wave4:

Welcome to the site from the U P of Michigan. I have never ridden a Harley trike, so I am quite surprised by your wanting to trade a Gold Wing for a Harley. I know my trike, a 1990 vintage, isn't as comfortable as the newer Wings, but it's still pretty comfortable. Is it the Roadsmith, the suspension, straight axel, hard tires? I would like to know your opinion on a Harley trike right out of the factory if that is what you end up getting. Keep us posted.

H-D Motor Trike

I would NEVER, EVER buy a H-D with a Motor Trike conversion. I have a 2003 Road King classic. It is a Motor Trike conversion.

* They will NOT sell you a service manual. They do not care about their customers. They want you to take your problems to a dealer $$$

* Workmanship issues; the wiring looks like a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] graders science project.

* One of the brake springs was twisted & installed backwards.

* The BIG issue is the swing arm mount broke off of the transmission case. This is a common issue with this conversion. $$$

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png