Trailer Hitch

Trick

Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time finding a trailer hitch with a 3" riser thats long enough to clear the back of my Champion Trike. The longest I've found was a Reese 9 3/4" hole to hole and it was even too short. I can make one, but prefere not to. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

The next time you're in Dallas drop by Joe's Hitch and Trailer. A great hitch shop. I had the same problem with my Stallion. I needed the ball to be three inches higher and one inch further back for my Bushtec trailer to ride level and not be too close to the trike. They have a fabracator that works there that cut my hitch, rebuilt it, and it works perfect. Also looks like a factory job. I've been very pleased.

Bob
(Adventurer)

I took the stock hitch from stallion and cut it about 1 inch in front of the rear of the body work. I then welded a piece of 2 X 2 stock onto the top of the piece that goes into the receiver and then welded the cutoff part back on top of the 2 X 2 stock. I made the 2 X 2 stock the length I felt I needed to pull the trailer nice. I painted the modified hitch black and am very satisified with the out come. This upped the ball height just about 3 inches.

try these people....they should have what you need.....

etrailer.com
1507 East Highway A
Wentzville, MO 63385
636 887 9300

Couldn't make it down to Joes, but I did find a 11 3/4" hole to hole ball mount from etrailers that had a 3 1/8" riser. Thanks Vance. Got it in 2 days. Wow. I ended up cutting it down by 1" and re-welding it. Weld came out good. While I was at it I decided to build a cooler rack to go in the reciever hitch. This will be handy. :)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png