Ouch, my turn for stupid accident

Soooo Andrew How are you doing today. We need up dates on our favorite Clown ThumbUp
Doc put hinged braces on knees. Need mri. Got bike yesterday. Not too bad. My mother and wife both say to get a backup trike. See my report elswhere about VW trike chopper I looked at today.
Did I mention there is only one thing worse than the constant itching from poison ivy (confirmed) over my body? Its my wife telling me every 2 minutes to stop scratching. Now that's painful. I'm on prednisone for the ivy. Hasn't helped yet.:gah:

Couple pics of damage from my cell. Shows where old guy wire support hit, gets bent on ground with new wire in background and one side of tour pak. Mirror also smashed and plates mounting front crash bar look a little bent with no bending visible on frame.:AGGHH::Wrong::Crap::busted::censored:
Better pics on good camera, not uploaded yet.

Couple pics of damage from my cell. Shows where old guy wire support hit, gets bent on ground with new wire in background and one side of tour pak. Mirror also smashed and plates mounting front crash bar look a little bent with no bending visible on frame.:AGGHH::Wrong::Crap::busted::censored:
Better pics on good camera, not uploaded yet.

It all looks pretty easy to fix.

sounds like one of those events where skills and experience turn what could have been a lot worse into something you will be able to laugh about once the inconvienience of it all is over. having the ability to formulate a quick plan of action , and the skills to pull it off is what saves lives, usually your own. might seem a funny time to offer congratulations but they are peobably earned

Just realized. You are either a really fast reader or are reacting to 2 posts ago.

So I need an update. How are you doing and felling NOW!. The nights I work I don't hardly make it on here. Not enough time in the day.. I did notice that your Harley has the stock mufflers on it ? Also what yr is your bike?? Hope your feeling a LOT better today. I haven't been on here for a short while. So busy with grand kids visit & work :Shrug:. Can we have an update ? Rick

Went back to work this week. Only in office. Still some swelling in legs. No permanent damage. Probably back to travelling next month. Can't quite bend one knee enough to work on equipment.
The bike is an '04 Electraglide with 113k miles. Still runs good. No major damage. Plan on fixing up and selling. Don't really have confidence for 2 wheels anymore. Ridden 2-wheels for hundreds of thousands of miles in all 48 lower states. Going with 3 only for future. See posts elsewhere for backup VW trike I got.

Well itchy. It takes time to heal. Yeah I understand the feelings for a 3 wheeler. And its a good choice . Got to be careful of anything you ride. Glad to hear your up and about. What about all the itching :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png