2014 Tri-Glide Thread

The 3m clear paint protection worked for me on the trike after my first few chips I had to touch up and buff out.

Even have on the hood of the car now ..If I didn't have it on I would have sand blasted the paint off the from of the car.

Yeah, That's the way i'm going to go. Thanks for responding - Russ

I have my Trike protected with XPEL. I chose this over the 3M after a lot of research. The XPEL has a 10 year warranty and when you remove it the area that was covered will be the same color as areas not covered. The XPEL seemed easier to install and it is self healing which means if the product gets a scratch on it I can either pour warm water over the scratch or leave it sit in the sunlight and the scratch will disappear.

Wheel Cleaner

All the wheel cleaners I have found in Auto Parts Stores caution the consumer about using them on motorcycles with polished and painted aluminum wheels. I sure don't want to mess up the wheels on my '14 Tri-Glide. Anyone on here have some info specific on this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

:confused: Question for Y'all- What do you use to protect your tank and rear fenders from stone chips and scratches?

I have less than 10K on my '14 TG and had to have the Tank and both rear fenders repainted. I had so many chips in the fenders it looked like it had the measles!

I've heard about the clear paint protector film, but is there anything else you've found that works? - Russ :confused:
I put the fender covers on mine.

Speaking of TRI GLIDE wheels.

Mine were really NOT bad looking at all.

But i took some mothers " Mag & aluminum polish to them both and got them looking Nice and shiny :D. Did a friend of mines also and his are LOOKING Real Good now also.

The whole process took about an hour to do both wheels. Then after I cleaned the excess black stuff off. I wiped them off and waxed them.

Man what a NICE Shine.

Now next week I'll take the front wheel off and flip it over on to a 5 gal bucket and do the same thing to it.

I'm thinking of taking the Back wheels off so I can do the inside of them the same way.

If you guys up North in Snow country don't have anything else to do. You might take a wheel off at a time take them in the house and clean them in the Laundry room or utility room or if you have a basement. Good winter project in doors :)

Harley, or any mfg., has to be a moron for putting raw aluminum wheels on their motorcycles. Mine were ruined the first winter from the salt. Now I use them as my winter wheels and I bought a set of H-D Anarchy wheels for the summer. I was going to have the OEM wheels chrome plated, but couldn't find a plater that would guarantee them not to rust. So twice a year I switch wheels and I clean "both" sides before storing them.

Also I only use Windex (according to one plater I contacted) to clean my chrome - no chrome cleaner.

If you keep up with the cleaning/polishing of the wheels before any staining, you should be OK.

I've been looking for a real rubber preservative for years and I think I finally found one that meets my expectations. It's called 303 UV Protectant. I've read too many negative reports on ArmorAll and other so called cleaner/protectants. 303 seems not to have any negative issues.

PS, I tried every conceivable cleaner to clean the stains off my untreated aluminum wheels = NOTHING worked. Even sandpaper and 0000 steel wool.....without going too crazy. I had the same problem with my Vette wheels when the clear coating wore off. I just couldn't get the stains out.

Untreated aluminum wheels should never be installed on any vehicle - especially in the snow belt.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png