2014 Tri-Glide Thread

Mine has all the power I need. Saving my money for other things. Never needed to modify any my engines. I believe in "K.I.S.S."

If I carried a passenger, then I probably would give it a little more power.

Test rode a 14 Tri Glide

The HD sponsored truck with all the toys hit town on Saturday. Needless to say I was there. Tried a Tri Glide and compared to my 2012' it handles really well. HD did something to the geometry of the front forks, anyone know what it specifically was? The a Water cooled 103 has more than sufficient power to snap back your head, cornering is really still a big factor but in time one realizes it's three wheels not 2. I will say after the ride I was impressed. I will say if you are a trike person and get the opportunity to have the HD truck for a dealer demo. By all means grab it. Ride safe.

- - - Updated - - -

:mad: So how fast do stock '14 TG's go? Mine will do 97mph. I went to an ABATE of Illinois BOD meeting in Springfield, IL. Saturday and was running 85 on I-55 to keep up with traffic when I got a wild hair up my you-know-what and decided to see!! Really bummed me out that I wasn't able to do the Ton!
I figure that my problem was that I was travelling North, which on the map is up-hill. Maybe if I try again going South it'll be down-hill and I can gain that 3 mph I need!! - Russ
Hey Russ. What part of Chi town you call home.

Re: Brake Noise, But love 2014

Have 2014 Tri Glide love it so far 4000 in 17 days been busy, just go back from NC and TN rode Blue Ridge Parkway And the Dragon and A few other roads got wet 4 time (did I mention real wet).
Anyway when I took in 1000 service before trip told dealer it had a squeal on deceleration sounds like the noise car brakes make when pads are gone.
They said could not find anything, but it made that noise all the time on trip.
Any ideas ?
Other than that love the Trike has way more power than my 2013 with stage one I traded in. and really rides a lot better had lift kit and also the 2014 has lift kit.
Also does anyone know if passenger seat grab rail off 2013 will fit 2014, it makes my wife legs numb?

HELP and thanks:p

Hello there;
My trike was making a 'chirp' noise when I changed gear or shut off - turned out to be the drive belt; spraying it with silicon-based 'Tyre-black' shut it up until it got wet again. Best you research it first, wouldn't like to be responsible for any failures...
Cheers,
Pete

Re: Test rode a 14 Tri Glide

The HD sponsored truck with all the toys hit town on Saturday. Needless to say I was there. Tried a Tri Glide and compared to my 2012' it handles really well. HD did something to the geometry of the front forks, anyone know what it specifically was? The a Water cooled 103 has more than sufficient power to snap back your head, cornering is really still a big factor but in time one realizes it's three wheels not 2. I will say after the ride I was impressed. I will say if you are a trike person and get the opportunity to have the HD truck for a dealer demo. By all means grab it. Ride safe.

Speaking about cornering. On my way back from Rolling Thunder, I took the BRP and Cherohala Skyway home. While riding the Skyway about 6 rice rockets came up behind me. I continued a little ways and pulled over. Then I pulled in behind them and stayed with them for about 7 miles. I think I shocked them by doing so - they gave me a thumbs up as I passed then when they pulled into an overlook. I don't think they were riding slow on my account so anyone that says a TG can't handle is very uninformed.

I wouldn't have done that after just buying a TG but after as few years in the saddle I was ready for anything. :D It was invigorating that's for sure. Now I want to put a lift kit on for even better handling.

If anyone else has a passenger that is a little vertically challenged and their thighs
are bothered by resting on the grab bars, you can raise the passenger floorboards by using the stock Harley extenders in the parts catalogue.

My wife is 4'10". I asked about the stock Harley extenders and was told (as shown in the parts book) that they wouldn't fit the 2014. They do fit. There is no difference to the bracket other than raising the height of the floorboards. I installed them and they take the pressure off my wifes calves. They don't rest on the grab bars any more.

If anyone else has a passenger that is a little vertically challenged and their thighs
are bothered by resting on the grab bars, you can raise the passenger floorboards by using the stock Harley extenders in the parts catalogue.

My wife is 4'10". I asked about the stock Harley extenders and was told (as shown in the parts book) that they wouldn't fit the 2014. They do fit. There is no difference to the bracket other than raising the height of the floorboards. I installed them and they take the pressure off my wifes calves. They don't rest on the grab bars any more.

ThumbUp My wife is 4'11", she had the same problem with the grab handles on the 2010 I used to have. I installed the extenders also with no problems, the wife was happy.

Oh I love it when the non trike HARLEY GUYS see me on a trike. " yea they are cool but u got to slow way down on corners or u will flip it. I'll stick with 2 wheels trikes are too dangerous. "

I was at a Harley Dealer today and noticed a 2014 sitting in the lot..Then I looked at the rear brakes..The rotor looks larger and the caliper is different..But also noticed some grooves in the rotors..Not sure how many miles were on the trike..

Have 2014 Tri Glide love it so far 4000 in 17 days been busy, just go back from NC and TN rode Blue Ridge Parkway And the Dragon and A few other roads got wet 4 time (did I mention real wet).
Anyway when I took in 1000 service before trip told dealer it had a squeal on deceleration sounds like the noise car brakes make when pads are gone.
Any ideas ?
Other than that love the Trike has way more power than my 2013 with stage one I traded in. and really rides a lot better had lift kit and also the 2014 has lift kit.
Also does anyone know if passenger seat grab rail off 2013 will fit 2014, it makes my wife legs numb?

Kuryakyn 1609 passenger grab bars stopped my wifes legs from getting numb. They fit the 14 trikes. Only thing I did to make them fit better was to remove some foam that they glue on them. These bars are the same ones for the two wheels bikes and the foam is there to keep them from rubbing paint off the rear fender. Since the trike does not have this rear fender to worry about I removed the foam to make the installation easier.

Well I said in my post that I'd wait for the 15's to come out before I bought, but I was at the Dealer last week talking trikes and they made me such a deal on a '14 that I pulled the trigger and bought one!! Thank god for end of month Sales Quota's. On my ride to the lafayette La HOG Rally I stopped at some dealers. 90% of them had their TG's listed above MSRP. Are we returning to the days of Additional Dealer Profit? Irks me that I had to pay extra to get a CB installed. And of course it's Black. - Russ

Hi Russ. I just got a price on an an all Black 14 trike of $33,383 out the door . At Wild Prairie Harley. Got a price earlier this yr from a dealer in Iowa of 38K out the door for the same thing. Guess shopping at this time of the yr matters ThumbUp

Any ideas ?

Yes the 2013 Grab rails will fit. I purchased the Kuryakyn's for my 14 Trike. My wife does not complain about numbness in her legs any more. The grab rails come with a foam pad on them to protect the paint on rear fender when putting them on a bike. Since the paint problem is not an issue I peeled of the foam so it was a better fit.

:confused: Question for Y'all- What do you use to protect your tank and rear fenders from stone chips and scratches?

I have less than 10K on my '14 TG and had to have the Tank and both rear fenders repainted. I had so many chips in the fenders it looked like it had the measles!

I've heard about the clear paint protector film, but is there anything else you've found that works? - Russ :confused:

over 30000 on mine no problems--bad paint ?

:confused: Question for Y'all- What do you use to protect your tank and rear fenders from stone chips and scratches?

I have less than 10K on my '14 TG and had to have the Tank and both rear fenders repainted. I had so many chips in the fenders it looked like it had the measles!

I've heard about the clear paint protector film, but is there anything else you've found that works? - Russ :confused:

The 3m clear paint protection worked for me on the trike after my first few chips I had to touch up and buff out.

Even have on the hood of the car now ..If I didn't have it on I would have sand blasted the paint off the from of the car.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png