2014 Tri-Glide Thread

Just got back from Crow River Harley shop. Had to order some parts. The man I deal with in parts was at lunch. SOoo I might as well look around ...Right ? Then I heard the salesman talking about this and that. So I walked over to see whats going on. Yup radiators are in the lowers. Can see them unless you look for it. Jury is still out on if I'd buy one or not. I like the idea of water cooled.ThumbUp. Look i'm as OLD skool as you can get. And I don't mind if they change somethings up a little. It's time to move on or be left behind! Not real happy with that air scoop on the front of the fairing. The Tour pak looks smaller also to me. Wheels are nice, seat looks good. LOVE THE NEW DASH! Saddle bags are cool also. Didn't have to much time to really check it out. I will next week. When MORE parts ThumbUp Come in for my bike.

You all keep saying water pump that is a oil pump there is no water on this trike. I seen the trike and was told by the service manger It holds 1.2Qt of oil that is pumped up to the heads for cooling it And tell some of you hear it from your Harley store that it has no water

This is the only oil pump on a Twin Cam equipped Harley. If your dealer thinks oil goes in there I would run as fast and as far away from them as I can.

tg11.jpg

Has anyone actually driven the new 2014 triglide yet?? I see alot of comments on it but no real ride comments and there thoughts..

Just brought my 2014 TG (red) home from the dealer. My first impression is AWSOME!! It is cooler on my right leg and all the '14 mods seem to be an improvement. Only have 68 miles on it, riding around and coming the long way home. One thing I really like is the braking system. A real step up over the 09 TG. And by the way, it is a water/antifreeze solution in the radiator system. It will take many readings of the manual to figure out the radio/com/nav but it will be fun.
Had a good experience at my dealer (Chesters, Mesa). Everyone had read up on the TG but no one was an expert so we learned together. I'll post more after I get a few more miles on the road.

Just brought my 2014 TG (red) home from the dealer. My first impression is AWSOME!! It is cooler on my right leg and all the '14 mods seem to be an improvement. Only have 68 miles on it, riding around and coming the long way home. One thing I really like is the braking system. A real step up over the 09 TG. And by the way, it is a water/antifreeze solution in the radiator system. It will take many readings of the manual to figure out the radio/com/nav but it will be fun.
Had a good experience at my dealer (Chesters, Mesa). Everyone had read up on the TG but no one was an expert so we learned together. I'll post more after I get a few more miles on the road.

Sounds GREAT, glad You're really enjoying It.....ThumbUp...Harley Riders will eventually become accustomed to the definite advantages of things like Water Cooling and Linked Brakes...already "Old School" outside "Harley Circles".....:10:

Chester owns the dealership in Reno Nv., Pocatello Id., Idaho Falls Id., Mesa Az., & I think 3 more I can't remember where. He is good to deal with if you get the right manager. He pretty much lets the managers run their own business.
By the way, there is one hell of a party in Reno every year at Chester's.
Street Vibrations Fall Rally for Reno/Tahoe, September 25th.

Congrats, you'll have to keep us up to date on your impressions as you pile on the miles.

Rode a '14 TG yesterday. Radio has interactive touch screen. As some pointed out the parking is behind the left footboard.

You might find this pic interesting.

o~\o

How often do you take your eyes off the road to look at the radio/GPS screen? Seems a bit dangerous to me. Guess I'll have to wait and test ride one to know for sure. Also will have to wait untill H-D comes back out with a decent color. Can't stand any of the '14's colors. Why on earth did they do away with the Sunglow red? That was the item that pushed me over the edge to buy a TG. Oh well, chalk it up to the morons at H-D. :gah:

How often do you take your eyes off the road to look at the radio/GPS screen? Seems a bit dangerous to me. Guess I'll have to wait and test ride one to know for sure. Also will have to wait untill H-D comes back out with a decent color. Can't stand any of the '14's colors. Why on earth did they do away with the Sunglow red? That was the item that pushed me over the edge to buy a TG. Oh well, chalk it up to the morons at H-D. :gah:

what colors are available

Talked to dealer Saturday about trading my 2012 and 2007 Victory Jackpot in on new dual red model pretty much out the door.. No trikes in yet but checked engine and all new mods on an ultra, also the new dual red color that I wanted to see in person first. I don't like quite as much as merlot/red , a bit darker both, but still mighty pretty. Working on a deal. Many thousands in upgrades for same price. Just the GPS and LED lights are a fantastic add on by themselves. At 64 yrs, I think I might be looking at my LAST bike. The Jackpot is a bit much for me now with bad knees and shoulders , but, I'll miss it.

All those LED headlights are great, But if you happen to get a rock in the headlight with them YOU are going to be out $500. Almost time to call the insurance in..................

The cooling on the new Ultra is now water around the valves to combat some of the heat from the engine. I have a new one ordered, so I will know more when I get and ride it. Won't be in until the end of September. New headlamp also, plus the parking brake has been redesigned to work better. Air vent on front fairing is to break up the air flow around the inside of the windscreen to stop some of the turbulence at higher speeds, or so I have been told. New guages are also easier to see in daylight. So, the 13 goes and replaced with a 14.

One thing I don't like about the gauges is the lack of an oil pressure gauge. Just an idiot light. But then again all the others are electric also, not a live gauge.
But you only know you have an indication something is wrong with the oil pressure after it fails completely !
JMHO....................

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png