Riding boots

JimmyDee

Apr 14, 2013
North Carolina
I am retiring my military style boots that have served me well for 10 years and have been looking at the 8'' Bates Tactical style boot. Do you have any experience with this brand or would you send me in a different direction?
Have a great day!

Hard to beat Bates. Bought mine at Academy. Don't know the style name, but the stock number is E02348. They are side zip up so you don't have to unlace them to get them on and off, and also have an internal adjustable heel so you can adjust them to your stride. The biggest plus is their very light weight.

It's just an old, weird quirk of mine, but I never wear boots with laces when I ride. I always think of getting my shoe laces caught in my bicycle chain as a kid... :gah:

Had a set of Bates Enforcer Series boots and really liked them. Wore them out and went to Academy to get another set of Bates but came away with their Brazos service boots. Just as comfortable and half the price of the Bates. I have 2 styles of the same boot - for warmer weather I got a pair with mesh uppers, cooler weather I put on the same boot except with waterproof leather uppers. Again, lace them up once and side zip from then on.

I have two pair of Harley Davidson boots and really like them. They are very comfortable. Both lace-up with side zippers, not waterproof with zippers tho.
Jimmydee I see you are in NC, if you are near Pigeon Forge, TN. The last boot store on the left in Pigeon Forge going toward Gatlinburg has them buy one pair get two free. I got three pairs of HD boots for $189, one hell of a deal.

I like my h.d. boots but they are too heavy. warm and dry most of the time but weigh a ton. I bought a tall boot from sportsmans guide . the uppers come all most to my knees but they zip up the side. in the rain the water comes in the zipper . so Im still looking for the perfect boot.

reading your problem about wet boots. you may want to try a outlet like Cabala's for boots. Most of their boots are waterproof etc... actually, any outdoor wear store. also, a Army surplus store and ask for the Air Borne combat boots.

reading your problem about wet boots. you may want to try a outlet like Cabala's for boots. Most of their boots are waterproof etc... actually, any outdoor wear store. also, a Army surplus store and ask for the Air Borne combat boots.

I wear service boots with a mesh upper in the summer, not at all waterproof, but light and comfortable in the heat. Picked up these boot rain covers - not gaiters, full covers - at the Davis Rally a while ago. 20_3000_00booties.jpgThese are by a company called Choko Design (AKA WingGear), I rcently got a new pair for just about $15. I see them a lot at rallies, I get them on the last day when things are discounted or the vendor may be more likely to take an offer. There are many more brands at many more price points, but these are light, waterproof, have a rubber sole to walk on and last me about 5 years. $3.00 per year for dry feet isn't bad.

:Shrug: Just a darn set of cowboy boots with boot grease.
Doubles for barnyard duty.
Stomp a little wool into sacks at sheering time makes em soft and supple.
Thick enough to avoid snake bite.

Cruiserworks. Dry feet even if you walk down a river. You can ask me how I know. Feel like slippers. Light weight. Worth every penny. I got 3 pair.

It's just an old, weird quirk of mine, but I never wear boots with laces when I ride. I always think of getting my shoe laces caught in my bicycle chain as a kid... :gah:
I'm with you Rick. No laces on my Boots. I wear a knock off of a Harley boot. Its sq toe and a harness boot. But i cut off the harness. COMFORTABLE as Hell. Love these. Bought them at a fleet farm store. on $ale $ 95.00

I'm with you Rick. No laces on my Boots. I wear a knock off of a Harley boot. Its sq toe and a harness boot. But i cut off the harness. COMFORTABLE as Hell. Love these. Bought them at a fleet farm store. on $ale $ 95.00

I hear ya, RT! I bought my boots at the (in)famous Rocky's in Flint, Mich in 1988. I paid less than $75, and they've been resoled twice. They fit like a glove.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png