Riding boots

Ya know,,,, this is a bit off-topic,, but I could've swore that when I first saw the title of this thread,,, it said, 'Riding Boobs'! :Shrug::xzqxz:

Where the hell is my mind this morning,,.... :cxtv::laugh:

My wife has a pair of Bates boots and she has been very happy with them...she just puts on a set of waterproof boot covers for rain. I have a pair of Rocky tactical boots I bought at Cabela's or Gander Mountain...they are waterproof out of the box and have served me well!

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Wish that I could afford one of each, but my riding budget dictates only one pair.

I rode up to Fox Creek Leathers in Independence VA yesterday to look at a leather jacket. While there I also looked at a pair of Chippewa boots. The craftsmanship was excellent but were a little too high top for what I was looking for, I prefer an 8'' boot. Looks like I am going to try a pair of Bates.

Just FYI, these people at Fox Creek are as nice and helpful as anyone could ask for. They have sizes in every leather jacket that they make for you to try on. Living just outside of Charlotte NC it is about a 2+hour drive for me. I was told that they ship all over the world and probably 85% of their business is done via the internet.

As far as quality, I would put their jacket against any company that has manufactured one in the last 40 years. I have 2 old Harley jackets (both made in USA), one is over 20 years old and the second is about 15 years old and both are made with high quality and heavy leather. The jacket that I purchased yesterday was equally as good, maybe even a little better. Plus they are made in USA with a lifetime warranty.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Wish that I could afford one of each, but my riding budget dictates only one pair.

I rode up to Fox Creek Leathers in Independence VA yesterday to look at a leather jacket. While there I also looked at a pair of Chippewa boots. The craftsmanship was excellent but were a little too high top for what I was looking for, I prefer an 8'' boot. Looks like I am going to try a pair of Bates.

Just FYI, these people at Fox Creek are as nice and helpful as anyone could ask for. They have sizes in every leather jacket that they make for you to try on. Living just outside of Charlotte NC it is about a 2+hour drive for me. I was told that they ship all over the world and probably 85% of their business is done via the internet.

As far as quality, I would put their jacket against any company that has manufactured one in the last 40 years. I have 2 old Harley jackets (both made in USA), one is over 20 years old and the second is about 15 years old and both are made with high quality and heavy leather. The jacket that I purchased yesterday was equally as good, maybe even a little better. Plus they are made in USA with a lifetime warranty.

You're hitting-up the good spots! ThumbUp
I love my Fox Creek jacket. It took a while to break-in, but I absolutely love the way it feels, and I also have a pair of Chippewa boots! I look for American made products, and am beyond pleased with both of these companies.

like mr bailey said ,there is one born every min. about 2 yrs ago I bought a new Harley jacket. the one with the reflective willie G skull on the back.
when I got it home I noticed under the original h.d. label was a tag that said made in china. American made my a**

Riding boots???? From what I have observed in the last few years is that more and more people are wearing tennies and other unsafe(IMO) shoes instead of hi-top boots. Maybe it's the younger genereation thing. I really don't understand the idea. It's the same thing as wearing shorts while riding. Dangerous - again IMO.

Tomw.Thats why i shy away from alot of the h-d apparel it's all overseas stuff.I've had a few leather jackets that were made in Kewanee,il.For less then half the price of H-D's.The leather is still in good shape,but i'm not.Lil more round then i used to be.I went up to Kewanee a couple wks ago to replace my leather & all they had now was overseas stuff.I asked the lady what happened & she says they still make them there,but they are for different venders.I was totally lost on that.So now this winter i'll have to find me a new place to do buisiness.Some people on here believe you get what you pay for,but when it comes to H-D's that is quite questionable in my book.

I have a Hein Gerhick(?) jacket that I've had for 20+ years and still looks like new. I clean and re-condition it every summer. Not sure where it's made. I'm at the office so I can't check the label.
Like Arnie said, I'm not the same size anymore so I bought an expander called "Zipper-Strip" from Tim The Tailor that adds whatever inches you need. I have bought 3 from him over the 20 years. I'm now at a 3" piece. Sure is a lot cheaper then buying a new jacket every few years. :)
I also have a Zipper-Strip for my chaps. Very good products.
H-D jackets are very expensive and you can get as good as a H-D jacket from aftermarket mfg's for a lot less money.

OOOPPPS. just saw what the original thread was about. I wore engineer boots for 40+years and finally bought a pair of Harley zip up boots 4 years ago because they were $180 boots and the dealer had a 1 day sale for $49 - thankfully they fit like a charm.

Look up the brand named Double H. When my favorite Harley boots needed resoleing again I decieded I wanted laces with zippers on the sides. This brand is mainly known for cowboy boots but the one I bought isn't cowboy and works great. I ordered on line, missed the size, returned them and was sent the next size larger as I requested. Good service.

ooops sorry to op.I got off track.I bought my boots at Farm&Fleet in Morton,il.in 1999.They are made in the USA.I have had them retreaded 2 times & the last time the leather shop said he could probably do it 2 to 3 more times.I had the leather shop install the side zippers for me this last time,like i said before i'm a lil more round then i used to be!The boots were around $80.00,the zippers & install was $30.00.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png