What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Just finished de-cating the trike today. I kept the stock mufflers for now. I wanted to hear what they sounded like with the cat gone. Well it is louder but not deep and throaty enough for my ears. I was kinda liking not having to take my hearing aids out every time I got on the bike. But I do miss that special song that only a Harley sings. Anyone here solved that problem? Not too loud but more throaty? I was thinking maybe American Customs so I could swap baffles out to get the song I like.

Just finished de-cating the trike today. I kept the stock mufflers for now. I wanted to hear what they sounded like with the cat gone. Well it is louder but not deep and throaty enough for my ears. I was kinda liking not having to take my hearing aids out every time I got on the bike. But I do miss that special song that only a Harley sings. Anyone here solved that problem? Not too loud but more throaty? I was thinking maybe American Customs so I could swap baffles out to get the song I like.

Listen to these sound bites then get a hold of Kevin @ D K Customs

Kevin, those Rush slip on sound good but I bet it’s a bit loud going down the highway

"Loud" is relative. What I mean to say is that what is loud to one person is not to another.

To me they are not loud...they are just right for my ears.

The only way I know for a person to pick out the "right" exhaust for themselves is outlined in the video below.

I could tell you to ask the folks that were at last years Arizona Get Together if they thought my pipes were loud...but you would probably have a bunch of different answers...everyone's ears are different.

Kevin

Got it back today

Picked the 17 TG up from the dealer today after dropping it off 17 days ago for a trouble code that it through for the oil pressure sensor.

While it was in I had them replace the gouged belt that I had been running for 3 years and they found that the front brake calipers were sticking.

They replaced the rotors, calipers and pads. Flushed and change the fluid.

Everything was under warranty except the belt and the labor plus other required items to put it on.

They had over a week backlog when I took it in and then had to wait over a week for the right caliper.

Just in time for next weeks vacation ride to the Smokeys.

Glad to have it back.

Driving the truck to work was getting expensive. I haven't driven it that long since I bought the bike. 15 Mpg vs 37+

Bob

Early yesterday morning i was pulling in my sons garage while it was still dark out and i noticed the license plate light wasn't on, I never notice all this time that it wasn't on' So this morning i opened the trunk remove the back panel on the trunk lid (4 bolts) ....To get to the bulb and low behold the power wire was never plugged in from the factory??....Plugged it in and the light works..

Now the curious thing is the plug is like a two headed snake...IE ;Double plugs?..

I haven't a clue what the other power plug is for, Unless Harley had a plan to add an electric trunk lock at some future time?????

Early yesterday morning i was pulling in my sons garage while it was still dark out and i noticed the license plate light wasn't on, I never notice all this time that it wasn't on' So this morning i opened the trunk remove the back panel on the trunk lid (4 bolts) ....To get to the bulb and low behold the power wire was never plugged in from the factory??....Plugged it in and the light works..

Now the curious thing is the plug is like a two headed snake...IE ;Double

I haven't a clue what the other power plug is for, Unless Harley had a plan to add an electric trunk lock at some future time?????

There not that smart . Could be for a third eye , you need to buy :D

There not that smart . Could be for a third eye , you need to buy :D

Buy a car/truck that has optional power mirrors heated mirrors.. And don’t get that option and most times you’ll find that the motor and heating elements are in there… The only thing missing is the switch on the dashboard to activate them..

Now the curious thing is the plug is like a two headed snake...IE ;Double plugs?..

When i bought my tri the radio reception was never very good and i pulled the tour pack liner and low and behold the antenna was never plug in. Kinda makes you wonder if the axles are tight on a new bike.

Swapped out whatever the crap my dealer put in the trans for Redline Shockproof heavy. I used this in my other Harleys with great results. Didn't dissapoint. Shifts much smoother but still can't find neutral unless I'm rolling to a stop. :( With my old Ultra all I did was rev it up a bit and look for it while it was winding down. Worked evertime. My trike, not so much.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawntucker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png