What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Took the 7 Year old grandson for a 40+ mile ride yesterday to get tomatoes and sweet corn at the local produce stand.

This was his first ride over a few miles.

His hands and arms were playining in the wind most of the trip:):):):clapping:.

Ride safe!

Bob

My now 20 year old Granddaughter took her first ride on a Motorcycle this year with me on my Birthday. What a nice present. She loved it. She said she wants to ride again. She’s busy with nursing school but we will find a time soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 28
I replaced the brake peddle for the Kuryakyn extended brake lever I got from DK. Should give me more leg room and stop pulling the sole of my boot off. Also feels faster to hit. I also fixed the heal guard from folding over.

Attachments

• 20230708_121745.jpg
    20230708_121745.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230708_113345.jpg
    20230708_113345.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230708_134554.jpg
    20230708_134554.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 30
I replaced the brake peddle for the Kuryakyn extended brake lever I got from DK. Should give me more leg room and stop pulling the sole of my boot off. Also feels faster to hit. I also fixed the heal guard from folding over.

My heel guard did the same thing. I got tired of straightening it and now it resides in a box with other parts/accessories that I have removed from my trike. My floorboards are extended so I don't really need it anyways. It was just in my way.

2018 cooling mods

1. Removed left heat shield

2. Installed 1.5 inch tank lift and deflectors.

3. Installed a transformer EBS and 606 filter.

4. Installed feuling shorty plug. I already have the harley 8 lobe oil pump installed with SE stage 2 torque cam.

These changes have resulted in negligible reduction in overheating. I'm still reading 290 to 302 engine temps. I'm getting frustrated throwing $$ with very little result.

1. Removed left heat shield

2. Installed 1.5 inch tank lift and deflectors.

3. Installed a transformer EBS and 606 filter.

4. Installed feuling shorty plug. I already have the harley 8 lobe oil pump installed with SE stage 2 torque cam.

These changes have resulted in negligible reduction in overheating. I'm still reading 290 to 302 engine temps. I'm getting frustrated throwing $$ with very little result.

What is your oil temperature?

So, is a dipstick with a built in thermometer the only way to get this number? My current gauge system only gives me engine temp and head temp.

I have used ( after a good ride) a candy thermometer to check my oil temp, you can get one @ Walmart

4c2d5cf4-be51-4a57-a4b4-c87c850648f6.84bf9e4228680758ce9694f5e85a2c22.jpeg

Just my thoughts….But;…..

I’ve never had a vehicle..With a oil temperature gauge and that includes cars’ trucks’ ATC’s ATV’s.Side by Sides……And more motorcycles, and Trikes than I can count….And I never have had an engine failure ….Sometimes people just need something to worry about that isn’t something to worry about in the first place….

My system only gives me Engine temp. I assume oil temp is similar.

On the Twin Cooled engine, the oil temp and the ET do not normalize.

When you are reading the engine temp (on your Power Vision or FP4?), you are looking at the ET reading, not the CHT?

The Twin Cooled bikes really need an oil cooler. Here is a video on the subject-

Kevin

Just my thoughts….But;…..

I’ve never had a vehicle..With a oil temperature gauge and that includes cars’ trucks’ ATC’s ATV’s.Side by Sides……And more motorcycles, and Trikes than I can count….And I never have had an engine failure ….Sometimes people just need something to worry about that isn’t something to worry about in the first place….

You have had really good fortune!

We get calls and emails every week of folks having a complete rebuild, mostly under warranty, for their Harley's running too hot and damaging the engine.

Here is a video of just one of them-

On a note regarding oil temp gauges in other vehicles...

Harley used to have an oil temp and oil pressure gauge, they have done away with that...much speculation on why.

Mary's last 4 Ford Trucks all have had an oil temp gauge. Her current 2020 Ford has one. When the oil temp hits 225 F the fan speeds up quite a bit, when it hits 228 it goes into overdrive (sounds like a jet engine), and the fans do not reduce to standard speed until the oil cools down to 221 F.

We have only owned Fords & Harley's for the last 30+ years, so do not know why other companies do not have oil temp gauges.

Kevin

Installed the Transformer EBS and Outlaw 828 Air Cleaner with Speed Fin Cover.

Took my time and did it a couple hours.

Easy install.

Another Great Product from DK Customs.

Bob

Thank you for your business, we appreciate it.

Very Good to hear you are enjoying the Transformer and the HiFlow 828 intake! :clapping:

Kevin

Been thinking about DK Customs Nexgen 14" for my 2018 TG. I had it in to dealer last week for service and they found a blown rear shock so I got on line and placed an order. They arrived today and are already installed. The install was pretty straightforward (after watching several Youtube vidieos)including new comfort lifts. Tomorrow will be the ride test. Looking forward to it.

Installed a set of DK's rider footboard extensions... They should be factory standard on all Tri-Glides!

But then, DK wouldn't be making a living, so... long live the Harley entrepreneur!! :clapping: Thanks, DK Customs! Another must have product for us Triker's!

OK just did a short 30 mile test ride of my new DK Customs Nexgen 14" shocks w/convertible comfort lifts. So far so good. A definite improvement over stock Harley shocks. I'm impressed, but no blown away. The true test will be next week when wife and I have a 600 mile, two day trip planned. Stay tuned.😁😎

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png