What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Replaced the rear wheel lug nuts with solid one piece nuts. This replaced the MOCO factory two piece lug nuts, small nut / chrome cover. Thanks for this information Kevin at DK Custom.

Can I get more info on this please?

Thanks.

There was a discussion on the forum about wheel lug tightening. Over time the factory lug could become loose due to the external chrome cap that is pressed on the lug, not tightening correctly. Could be a problem with someone who is removing the wheels many times as Kevin had. This may have been on a wheel thread. The cover did not contact the wheel surface, just a chrome cover. Think about a bottle cap.

Attachments

• Trike nut.jpg
    Trike nut.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 34
This past Sunday I gave my newly acquired Harley heated gear (under layer jacket and pants, socks and gloves/grips) a good 225 mile workout (temps started around freezing and didn’t get above 40).

:yahoo:

No complaints… seems to be worth every cent since they have extended my riding season dramatically.

Decided to adjust my Legends from the “recommended starting point” of “3” (as installed by my dealer) to “2” in the quest of softening up the ride a bit.

Not that I was unhappy with the ride on position 3, but as we know, trikes don’t feel like our old 2 wheelers and I just accepted the ride where it was. Truthfully I forgot they were adjustable.

Well, glad I made the switch! Position 2 is noticeably more “forgiving” without being too mushy. Nice…:yahoo:

I don’t know why it took me so long to crawl under and make the adjustment, but I’m certainly enjoying the improvement in ride comfort!

Rode nearly 400 miles into east central Iowa to scope out a potential HOG Chapter run out to the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa.

Sad to hear they will be closing the doors and liquidating the museum collection this fall.

The ride was great. Rode US Route 30 most all the way.

Route 66 gets all the attention but some of the Americana I viewed while taking this scouting trip along the old “Lincoln Highway” was pretty cool.

My hydraulic clutch line was frayed at the slave cylinder so I ordered a new on, It leaked at the slave cylinder connection like a sieve. Come to find out there is a crush convex brass washer available on a service bulletin that a fellow member on HDforums told me about. The dealer didn’t know this and wasn’t any help.

if any of you ever have this issue, it exists. Not a O-ring as i thought but a crush brass washer.IMG_0533.jpegIMG_0534.jpeg

Today I added the Ciro BIG ASS rear passenger drink to replace the ragged Kuryakyn one that came with the bike. Mrs Notgrownup likes it

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 17
Changed out a non working Love Jugs Mighty Mite fan, it was toasted with melted wires inside the casing. Got the metal retention ring out but struggled getting the bad fan out, it seemed to be swelled up from the melted wires. Anyway, all done and working fine again.

Back