What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Trailered it to New Brunswick Canada and rode to Quebec”s Gaspe coast and to Nova Scotia’s Cabot trail on Cape Breton Island. 1500 miles, it was great. Glad I pulled it up there. After retirement we will ride up there. For now I only have but so much vacation.

Actually last week in Rapid City… Had the good folks at Rekluse install their clutch kit on my 21’ Tri-Glide.

Found out the hard way their clutch system doesn’t play nice with non-OEM levers, such as Oberon adjustable levers.

While my buddy who had stock levers on his Tri had a positive experience, mine with the Oberon’s didn’t work at all as advertised.

While it’s mentioned in their installation instructions that non stock grips may not work, this was told to me after installation.

I went back the next day and Black Hills HD had a set of chrome OEM levers in stock, so I purchased them and went back to Rekluse and had them installed.

The Rekluse now worked as advertised!

Getting stuck in gridlock in Hulett was a great test for the Rekluse, and I must say it ROCKED!

There is a learning curve regarding finding sweet spots when up or down shifting. So far, downshifting is easier that up. And actually, I still enjoy traditional shifting… but, there are times and situations where I prefer it (hilly roads for instance).

Just don’t install a Rekluse on a bike running aftermarket levers!

Actually last week in Rapid City… Had the good folks at Rekluse install their clutch kit on my 21’ Tri-Glide.

Found out the hard way their clutch system doesn’t play nice with non-OEM levers, such as Oberon adjustable levers.

While my buddy who had stock levers on his Tri had a positive experience, mine with the Oberon’s didn’t work at all as advertised.

While it’s mentioned in their installation instructions that non stock grips may not work, this was told to me after installation.

I went back the next day and Black Hills HD had a set of chrome OEM levers in stock, so I purchased them and went back to Rekluse and had them installed.

The Rekluse now worked as advertised!

Getting stuck in gridlock in Hulett was a great test for the Rekluse, and I must say it ROCKED!

There is a learning curve regarding finding sweet spots when up or down shifting. So far, downshifting is easier that up. And actually, I still enjoy traditional shifting… but, there are times and situations where I prefer it (hilly roads for instance).

Just don’t install a Rekluse on a bike running aftermarket levers!
Are you still using the clutch when shifting ?

Last week put my `22 Tri Glide on the lift, replaced the shocks with Nexgen 14".

This week put my brothers`21 Tri Glide on the lift, did the 15,000 mile service, replaced the shocks with Nexgen 14", and replaced the front tire (American Elite front tire).

Last week put my `22 Tri Glide on the lift, replaced the shocks with Nexgen 14".

This week put my brothers`21 Tri Glide on the lift, did the 15,000 mile service, replaced the shocks with Nexgen 14", and replaced the front tire (American Elite front tire).

How do you like the Nexgen shocks?

Are you still using the clutch when shifting ?

Are you referring to the clutch lever? The answer is sometimes. You have the option to use it or not.

It’s definitely smoother using the lever, however, I’m still in the “getting acquainted” mode. So far, downshifting without the lever has been pretty smooth, up shifting “smoothly” is coming along but since I don’t “need” to be leverless up shifting, I’ve stayed with the lever.

Even Rekluse says it’s a learned skill and everybody approaches it differently, hence why they don’t put a “how to” in their owners manual.

But in stop and go traffic? Sweet!

4.1k Ride

Just got back from 4100 mile ride to Ohio for my 50th High School reunion, then to visit my oldest daughter's family in Texas. Had oil leak from filter relocation hose, I allowed it to rub a hole int the tub, of course it was on a Sunday. Had issues with coolant tubing leaking think that is fixed, starting to hear noises from water pump. Had a new S&S 475 cam and lifters installed right before I left and still running rich (P0132 and P0152), need to get a tune done. Fun trip over all.

Bill - Sorry that I didn't get to hook up but they had me busy the whole time. I haven't been back in 50 years!

Just got back from 4100 mile ride to Ohio for my 50th High School reunion, then to visit my oldest daughter's family in Texas. Had oil leak from filter relocation hose, I allowed it to rub a hole int the tub, of course it was on a Sunday. Had issues with coolant tubing leaking think that is fixed, starting to hear noises from water pump. Had a new S&S 475 cam and lifters installed right before I left and still running rich (P0132 and P0152), need to get a tune done. Fun trip over all.

Bill - Sorry that I didn't get to hook up but they had me busy the whole time. I haven't been back in 50 years!

Sounds like quite the adventure. Glad you made it home. I'm installing the DK relocate kit also, and leaks are my biggest concern. We ride a lot of miles in AZ in the winter and as you probably know there are a lot of places breakdowns would be no good.

Sounds like quite the adventure. Glad you made it home. I'm installing the DK relocate kit also, and leaks are my biggest concern. We ride a lot of miles in AZ in the winter and as you probably know there are a lot of places breakdowns would be no good.

I installed it on mine late last year. My first hard interstate trip to work, I blew oil everywhere. Didn't notice it until I got to work and one of my guys came in and said there was a puddle of oil under my trike. I don't think I got the hose clamp on good because it was leaking at the connection where the filter mounts. I may have also installed the wrong hose as I have way too much hose laying around. I repaired it, put about a quart of oil in it and got back home after work. I ended up swapping everything to AN- fittings and PTFE hose. No more worries about leaks or mistakes. It is a great mod and oil changes are so much easier now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the kit, just pay extra attention on install and double check everything. The PTFE hose is also wrapped on stainless and coated on top of that. Less worry of rubbing a hole in the hose.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I cleaned the bugs off and then went and put more bugs on it after about 300 miles. I don't even know why I bother cleaning it, lol.

I installed it on mine late last year. My first hard interstate trip to work, I blew oil everywhere. Didn't notice it until I got to work and one of my guys came in and said there was a puddle of oil under my trike. I don't think I got the hose clamp on good because it was leaking at the connection where the filter mounts. I may have also installed the wrong hose as I have way too much hose laying around. I repaired it, put about a quart of oil in it and got back home after work. I ended up swapping everything to AN- fittings and PTFE hose. No more worries about leaks or mistakes. It is a great mod and oil changes are so much easier now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the kit, just pay extra attention on install and double check everything. The PTFE hose is also wrapped on stainless and coated on top of that. Less worry of rubbing a hole in the hose.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I cleaned the bugs off and then went and put more bugs on it after about 300 miles. I don't even know why I bother cleaning it, lol.

Thanks for the tip about AN and PTFE. Mine also blew a lot of oil on the initial ride from the filter mount. Still trying to resolve that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png