What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

power vision auto-tune run

well crap i did go out and do a auto-tune with the s&s power tune headers and s&s stealth air cleaner and mid pipe connectors and a set of tailgunner gunships. i also did a auto-tune with the power vision. i guess my ears have gotten sensitive or something because the tailgunner gunships were loud. so i am going to put the stock muffler,s back on.

well crap i did go out and do a auto-tune with the s&s power tune headers and s&s stealth air cleaner and mid pipe connectors and a set of tailgunner gunships. i also did a auto-tune with the power vision. i guess my ears have gotten sensitive or something because the tailgunner gunships were loud. so i am going to put the stock muffler,s back on.

No Now that I have seen them I see that you can't change out the baffles.

2' pull-back bars put on by the dealer, only got about 10 miles on them when the rains let loose, a lot more leverage for this old timer so far.

Cool! Going to post a pic?

Kevin

Your wish is my command.

The first pic is from yesterday when I quit because of the heat. You can see the tubing too far to the left of the filter cover.

The 2nd pic is after I changed the tubing so it ran inside the left part of the support bracket.

The 3rd pic is the filter and its location near the front of the frame.

The 4th is the finished look after changing the tubing.

I think the tubing could be shortened even more at the T connection but for now I am going to leave it like this. I first tried to run the filter tube to the rear just in back of the trans cover. I decided against that as I was afraid it would rub on the exhaust.

I am all ears if anyone has a suggestion on another location for the filter tube.

Before.jpgAfter.jpgFilter.jpgFinished.jpg

Your wish is my command.

The first pic is from yesterday when I quit because of the heat. You can see the tubing too far to the left of the filter cover.

The 2nd pic is after I changed the tubing so it ran inside the left part of the support bracket.

I think the tubing could be shortened even more at the T connection but for now I am going to leave it like this. I first tried to run the filter tube to the rear just in back of the trans cover. I decided against that as I was afraid it would rub on the exhaust.

I am all ears if anyone has a suggestion on another location for the filter tube.

View attachment 28122View attachment 28123View attachment 28124View attachment 28125

Okay ... I mat be wrong (It's been known to happen) ... but I thought you'd want the hoses to always be going down ... gonna be oil vapors in them and won't they tend to fill up if given a chance? I ask because this mod is in my future.

I see your concerns with the exhaust ... I know Kevin did this, so maybe he'll chime in with some input.

I can change the position of the filter hose so that it does lead angled downward zip tied to the front of the frame.
I don't know how much oil to expect to be discharged from this system?

I can change the position of the filter hose so that it does lead angled downward zip tied to the front of the frame.
I don't know how much oil to expect to be discharged from this system?

The reason I'm gonna do this is I sometimes have oil dripping from my ac ... my guess is crank case vent ... doesn't happen often .. just occasionally.

The reason I'm gonna do this is I sometimes have oil dripping from my ac ... my guess is crank case vent ... doesn't happen often .. just occasionally.

I am glad you brought up the filter hose angle. I was so focused on the 2 side hoses being closer to the filter that I overlooked how I had the filter hose. Tomorrow I am going to see how I can reroute it to be more effective.

The stock filter I removed (6500 miles) was dry as a bone with debris in it. There was a very light oil coating on the back of the filter mating surface to the support bracket and that was all. Mine is older than yours so yours should be more clean than mine I would expect. I haven't seen any oil drops at all.

I am now wondering how long this filter at the end of the hose is expected to last?

Made the adjustment to the filter hose this morning. You have to be careful of that front pipe if you go the route I did. I finally after several tries got the hose to distance itself from the front pipe by about 1/2 ". I think that should be enough to protect it.
I didn't cut any off the filter hose but ran it further along the frame to the back. If you look at the side the filter is about where the front pipe meets the rear. I just zip tied it to the frame in several places from the front to the back.

While I was doing stuff and already drenched in perspiration I moved the battery tender connection. The previous owner/ dealer had positioned it to be on the transmission. Every time you went to connect to it you almost burned your fingers getting to it. I moved it up and to the other side at the top of the removable cover.

I am done until next month when I get the tuner.
I did go for a ride yesterday and I feel that the trike had more pickup and a tad more power. I don't think I was reading into that, the gears just came a bit easier. The tach at 70mph was reading 29k instead of the usual 30-31K.

Made the adjustment to the filter hose this morning. You have to be careful of that front pipe if you go the route I did. I finally after several tries got the hose to distance itself from the front pipe by about 1/2 ". I think that should be enough to protect it.
I didn't cut any off the filter hose but ran it further along the frame to the back. If you look at the side the filter is about where the front pipe meets the rear. I just zip tied it to the frame in several places from the front to the back.

While I was doing stuff and already drenched in perspiration I moved the battery tender connection. The previous owner/ dealer had positioned it to be on the transmission. Every time you went to connect to it you almost burned your fingers getting to it. I moved it up and to the other side at the top of the removable cover.

I am done until next month when I get the tuner.
I did go for a ride yesterday and I feel that the trike had more pickup and a tad more power. I don't think I was reading into that, the gears just came a bit easier. The tach at 70mph was reading 29k instead of the usual 30-31K.

Maybe a pic of the new routing ... I'm really surprised Kevin hasn't chimed in ... but he is on vacation ... LOL

all done for now.

i took the tailgunner gunships off and put the stock muffler,s back on and yes that is the sound i was looking for. nice and quiet and really enjoyed the ride. looking for to doing a auto-tune with the power vision and flashing the e.c.m. really nice riding the tri-glide. :pepper:

Your wish is my command.

View attachment 28122View attachment 28123View attachment 28124View attachment 28125

Looks good, I am using the same Chrome cover on my 587 A/C, and it makes it easy to hide the two tubes and the T connector behind it.

Where ever you want to run the filter is good. It should not drip on the ground, or spray on the undercarriage at all. If it does, that would be an indicator that something is awry and needs attention.

I have mine going between the floorboard bracket and the frame (there is room there because of I have the floorboard extensions).

BreatherFilter_zpselkbjlc8.jpg

TG is pretty dirty, about 9000 miles so far on this trip, since it's been washed.

The filter will hold whatever oil and water is expelled. The filter is a gauze type (like a K&N) and can be cleaned simply by spraying it with some soap, letting it sit, and then spraying it off. I like to spray it clean about every 5000 miles (while still on the bike), just so that it is "fresh" to absorb more without getting saturated and dripping.

btw, I run my oil at full or close to full, & do not get more blow-by than the filter can handle.

Kevin

Black Luggage Rack - Black Bumper - Black SS Stage 1 pipes, Arlen Ness Big Sucker with Race tuner, and Black Air Cleaner Cover and Horn! Not bad for one day!! OH....and I took that Butt Ugly reflector off the bottom side of the Plate Holder...LOL
View attachment 28471

Trike looks great,JC! I've always liked those newer air cleaners and yours in black really looks good.

My husband was busy these past few days on my Tri Glide. First he put on DeCat Header, a bumper, and finally, Khrome Werks 2+2 Handlebars. Stopped raining this afternoon so took her out for a ride. Have to say, I love those handlebars. No more stretching my arms to the limit to make sharp turns. Nice to be able to sit back, relax, and not have to lean forward to make those turns. Getting rid of that Cat has taken so much heat from the back of my right calf. I think it is time for a long road trip. Next project will be the Lift Kit.
11694047_10204767619526762_4113128656559042904_n.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png