What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

First Trike, scared myself 3 times wasn't sure it would turn, decided 39 degrees is to cold to be riding

To make a right turn,keep your left arm/elbow locked in a straight-out position and use your right arm to "pull" your right handlebar. For left turns,reverse the procedure. Try that and see what you think,John.

Very cool! If you haven't already, I'd recommend treating them with some mink oil. That will help them straighten, plus protect the leather while riding.

Kevin

Ah Kevin, would NOT suggest mink oil (lol)....Did that to my lever fringes....the wind "flips" the fringe against the mirrors when breezy...took TG to HD dealer several times, thinking there was an oil leak somewhere on the right hand side of trike. After several "nothing leaking", took OFF the fringes and guess what, NO smearing of oil/grease on the mirrors! I don't put any leather products on my fringe....look like new (got mine at the HD dealer several years ago)!

Floorboard Extenders

After all the great comments I've read on this forum, I ordered the DK Customs Floorboard Extenders today :D. I hope they are as easy to install as everyone says. The most mechanical thing I've ever done is install doorknobs throughout my house :AGGHH:.

External Breather

Well :xszpv: I drilled and tapped my Boyesen intake to get the nasty oil vapor off my pistons Kevin's kit worked well. I think I will look into a couple of improvements, gotta talk to Kevin. service was fast and exactly what I ordered I enjoy DK Customs way of doing business. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Well :xszpv: I drilled and tapped my Boyesen intake to get the nasty oil vapor off my pistons Kevin's kit worked well. I think I will look into a couple of improvements, gotta talk to Kevin. service was fast and exactly what I ordered I enjoy DK Customs way of doing business. ThumbUp ride safely fearless

At last Pictures not many I needed to adjust rear Cylinder breather to clear intake casting was odd shaped got to hide front one well though.

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00202.JPG

DSC01322.JPG

Well, I didn't do it yet, but since the news about Kevin's remote filter and Jagg cooler setups hit my inbox yesterday, I have been wringing my hands... New tuner, or filter/cooler, or both? Here in FL, where I can ride every day, I hate to miss ride time to work on it! See what you guys in the colder climates get to not worry about while you have wrench time?:gah:

Seriously, Kevin, how about a little write-up somewhere?

I see STARS

We all like to tinker with and personalize our rides and luckily there is a boat load of thing-a-ma-gigs, do-dads and other bolt on stuff from Harley to feed our appetites and keep our wallets nice and slim. There is and even BIGGER boat load of do-dads from the after market companies.

As a signature and to make MY rides totally unique I have been putting these Star Conchos on my builds (scooters) for a few years now and I just could not resit adding one to my Tri-Glide. I put this one on the trunk (first pic) right after I got the trike. And I just got done adding one to the new air cleaner trim that I just picked up from my local dealer. I also have one on the horn cover, AND I think they flow well with the Fat Boy tank emblems that I put on to give me more clearance for my knees.

Attachments

• IMGP3106.JPG
    IMGP3106.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMGP3101.JPG
    IMGP3101.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 179
  • IMGP3096.JPG
    IMGP3096.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMGP3105.JPG
    IMGP3105.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMGP3104.JPG
    IMGP3104.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 185
First ride

We took our Trike out for our first ride this evening. We bought it in late fall and hadn't ridden it yet. Only got to go about 30 miles but it was very enjoyable. I do see some opportunity for a few mods.

My Tri has been in my wood 10x12 shed (cement floor) all winter with the battery tender hooked up. Check on it every couple days. We got rain the last 2 days and temps hit 70. Yesterday I noticed some condensation on the trike, so I opened the door and put a fan in there, blowing on the trike. Today I got home and the floor was sweating and very slippery, so I moved the trike from the shed to the garage where it is much drier. Since I had to start it to move it, I took it for a 10 mile spin before dark. Man what a great feeling to get out again! Sometimes ya just gotta go with the flow!

At last Pictures not many I needed to adjust rear Cylinder breather to clear intake casting was odd shaped got to hide front one well though.

View attachment 34028

View attachment 34029

View attachment 34030

Looking good, and your engine will like it even better!

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I didn't do it yet, but since the news about Kevin's remote filter and Jagg cooler setups hit my inbox yesterday, I have been wringing my hands... New tuner, or filter/cooler, or both? Here in FL, where I can ride every day, I hate to miss ride time to work on it! See what you guys in the colder climates get to not worry about while you have wrench time?:gah:

Seriously, Kevin, how about a little write-up somewhere?

Yeah, we have very few days in our parts that are not good for riding, and I end up putting stuff off a lot...I'd rather be riding than wrenching. :)

The install of the oil filter relo and Dual-Cool Oil cooler is a 2 hour job at a very relaxed pace.

Something to do in the evening if you have a place to work with lights.

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

My TG has been at the dealership for some warranty work this week.

One of the things they were checking out was the front fender that had developed a crack in the paint and clear coat.

Front%20Fender_zpsj3qbbpz3.jpg

They pulled the front fender off to try and see what was going on that could have caused this.

Turns out that I must have kicked up a rock somewhere. Right before the crack is showing on the top side, it is clear that a rock (or something) hit the underside of the fender. Put a dent in it. That is apparently what started the crack in the paint.

Going to get a quote on a new fender, insurance should cover it, minus deductible. But I may use the $ for something different paint wise. We'll see.

Also, I gotta wonder if this is something that would have happened if I was running a front tire in front instead of the slightly larger rear tire up front.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png