What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

After getting home , noticed rear tires being lower than normal. Thru the gauge on- 15lbs :confused: Pumped them up to 23, thought somthing felt wrong :Shrug:.

Drove the car today. My body can't cope with the temperature drop from 60 this morning to 39 later today when the front rolls through today.

. Also had a hard time with the instructions on the left side, a bolt that was exactly positioned on the sheet to come off did not need to be touched. As you did, I finally figured it out but took a while. Happy with the results now but those instructions need to be modified.

Interesting to see. I bought the floor board extenders a while back. I went out to the garage to install them because it looks very simple in the package. I started reading about putting a block of wood under the left floor board to keep wires and other parts from falling. I decided to put the task off for another day and never got back to it.

I think I'm going to put them on this week end but I'm going to stare at the left side for a while before I twist any bolts.

Thanks for the heads up.

If the left side of the Tri-Glide is like my Freewheeler, it's not difficult once you determine which 3 bolts mount the floorboard to the frame. Using the block of wood for support becomes evident when you get the 3 bolts loose, but not completely removed.

I did have a problem getting one bolt loose, but a friend with an impact wrench solved that for me.

Rode to work, 18 miles. Rode home from work, about 65 miles. Just don't understand the disparity in milage. :D

Must be something in the steering. I rode 10 miles to get a hair cut today and the speedometer racked up 55 miles by the time I got home.

We picked up the bike from it's 10K service then got our knuckles scratched up doing a complete wax and chrome clean, she looks great.

You people are killing my budget!

I have never been one to leave well enough alone and this new-to-me bone stock 2014 Tri-Glide with under 500 miles on the odometer was just begging to be messed with. After reading through the forum for a while to get some good ideas, I ordered everything I wanted for now and got most of it done this past week.

I had to modify my J&S jack to work under the trike and my mod worked great. There was no way I was going to buy another one given how expensive they are, but it's amazing how solid that big ol' thing is when all the way up on the jack.

Still need to take it out and get some warmed up fuel maps to load in the auto tune. But, it has been rainy and drizzly this weekend so hopefully, that will get done in a day or two. Can't wait to see if my "seat dyno" gives me some good numbers. :D

Here my list of "done's" in no particular order:

• DK Tank lift kit
  • DK Floor board extensions
  • Trike lift kit
  • Kury Shifter peg extensions
  • Kury Brake pedal extension
  • Kury switchblade highway pegs with Harley short angle mounts
  • Fuel Moto stage 1 AC
  • Fuel Moto Power Vision
  • Fuel Moto 4" Jackpot dyno tuned slip-ons
  • HD air wing tour pak rack
  • HD air wing fender rails
  • HD smart siren (I have my pager from the old bike)
  • HD wheel fender trim
  • HD rider backrest and mount
  • Got rid of the crappy tranny oil and put some Redline Shockproof in.

On back order:

• gauge and radio chrome trim kit

On hand, but waiting for my break-in oil change in 500 miles:

• DK Oil filter relocation kit
  • DK oil cooler
  • DK Outlaw reusable oil filter

I have never been one to leave well enough alone and this new-to-me bone stock 2014 Tri-Glide with under 500 miles on the odometer was just begging to be messed with. After reading through the forum for a while to get some good ideas, I ordered everything I wanted for now and got most of it done this past week.

I had to modify my J&S jack to work under the trike and my mod worked great. There was no way I was going to buy another one given how expensive they are, but it's amazing how solid that big ol' thing is when all the way up on the jack.

Still need to take it out and get some warmed up fuel maps to load in the auto tune. But, it has been rainy and drizzly this weekend so hopefully, that will get done in a day or two. Can't wait to see if my "seat dyno" gives me some good numbers. :D

Here my list of "done's" in no particular order:

• DK Tank lift kit
  • DK Floor board extensions
  • Trike lift kit
  • Kury Shifter peg extensions
  • Kury Brake pedal extension
  • Kury switchblade highway pegs with Harley short angle mounts
  • Fuel Moto stage 1 AC
  • Fuel Moto Power Vision
  • Fuel Moto 4" Jackpot dyno tuned slip-ons
  • HD air wing tour pak rack
  • HD air wing fender rails
  • HD smart siren (I have my pager from the old bike)
  • HD wheel fender trim
  • HD rider backrest and mount
  • Got rid of the crappy tranny oil and put some Redline Shockproof in.

On back order:

• gauge and radio chrome trim kit

On hand, but waiting for my break-in oil change in 500 miles:

• DK Oil filter relocation kit
  • DK oil cooler
  • DK Outlaw reusable oil filter

Quite a list of mods there. Sounds like you're having fun! :)

Your drizzling should be gone soon so you can get out and ride this next week.

Kevin

I always prefer to ride than to clean.

But this last week I needed to get away from the desk, it was cold and raining out, so I spent a couple of hours cleaning a couple of months of bugs and road dirt off.

Snapped a couple of pics yesterday.

Clean%20TG%203-4-17%20b_zpsgxpwfpkw.jpg

Not show clean...but a whole lot cleaner than it was. :laugh:

Clean%20TG%203-4-17%20a_zpswah44kog.jpg

btw, I've been using the 303 Speed Detailer that Zammy turned me onto...really like it a lot.

Kevin

looked at it in the garage. had to baby sit the granddaughter. in retrospect, I should have put her on the back seat and ridden it around the circle drive.

Kevin bike looks real clean. Nice coilor as well. Can you tell me where you bought your sheepskin cover and what model it is please.

Sorry, just saw this.

It was a full sheepskin pelt that we purchased well over 10 years ago. Mary cut it down a bit, and also made a slot in it for the riders backrest.

I thought the name of the company was Alaskan Sheepskin, but a quick google search did not find them. I did find a company called Alaska Leather.

There is no model #, it is just a skin, and the riders backrest keeps it on the seat.

Kevin

DK 2" Touring Model Tank Lift and Deluxe Tank Lift Option installed last night.

DK Comfort Lift Trike Lift installed this morning.

26lbs in shocks, and rear tires, 36lbs in front tire.

Took the torque wrench for a 220 mile ride this afternoon.

Rechecked those lug nuts twice in route.

Great fit, Great feel, Love the Ride.

Recommend these kits to anyone who wants a better ride than the stock setup.

Need to put in a new battery and we're ready to go for the summer.:cool::clapping:

Rode to the monthly HOG meeting. Also had the extended brake lever removed and the OE one put back on. The extended pedal sits to far forward for my short legs to really be able to apply good foot pressure

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png