What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Minor tweaking

So after swapping out the head pipe and slipons, I put a reminder in my phone to check the torque after a month. I did check it when I put the E-series on, but, needed to be checked again.

The lower nut on the rear head flange was pretty loose ... so was the cross over pipes front clamp. Glad I checked them out.

While I was at it, retorted the rear lugs.

Then I took her on a ride to check the rear speaker mod ... Worked well ... much less boom boom boom. (Read about the mod in the Making her an AMG Edition thread. :D

Installed DK Custom Thunder Torques

Installed a set of DK Custom's Thunder Torques in my Screaming Eagle Street Cannons.

Wasn't able to remove the baffles so I just drilled holes for them 1 1/2 inches from the back of the revolver tips.

So far I like the improvement in torque on the low end.

It did take some of the sharpness out of the sound and may just a little to quiet for my taste.

May have to invest in a different set of slip on's that can have the baffles easily removed in the future.

Another great product from DK Custom that works as advertised, you really can't go wrong with them.

I spent a good amount of time on the phone with Dwayne explaining the ins and outs of the Thunder Torques and installing them.

Thanks Dwayne.

Bob

A Little Tweaking

Okay ... get your minds out of the gutter .. I haven't gone Milly Cirrus or anything. :D

Removed the chrome hand holds for the passenger. Pretty sure Harley isn't gonna be able to reach them.

Installed the Passenger Armrest ... I had taken them off when I put the adjustable tour pak relocator on. They will be great for holding Harley's pet palace. The other reason I added them back was because I don't like sitting on my wallet while riding on long trips. The left side passenger armrest is great for putting a credit card in and having quick access to. The right side will hold enough Harley snacks to keep him happy for a full day ... win win for the both of us. I thought Harley's chest harness would still fit ... LOL ... I guess dogs grow in the middle when they get older just like us ... I'll get him a new one tomorrow. :D ... Then he is gonna start going on little rides in the pet palace with me. We'll see how he does.

I did some clean up while I had the seat off. Cleaned up the wiring for the tour pak and wire tied it to the frame of the adjustable tour pak thingie. This way they move with the tour pak when I slide it back.

Lastly ... I found my other Kuryakyn drink holder. Chrome ring with a net basket under it. Thought it might be nice for my thermo bottle ... the big 32 oz mug is good, but doesn't keep drinks cold very long on a trip in the summer. Plus, on the trike, it will geyser if I hit a bump a little off center ... not a big deal when it is holding water .. but ... coffee is another subject. The thermo bottle has a "straw" thing like a camel bak.

Almost forgot to do pics ... had to grab this one after I had put her back in the garage. Didn't have my key fob when I went back out. You can see all I did except the wire cleanup and that's boring.

2019-06-16 07.30.23.jpg

Got back home today after 3 day weekend in north central WI. 650+ miles, weather was cool but dry. Wife's longest ride since we got home from Yellowstone last July & her hip replacement last August. She did great. We are looking forward to a trip out west in Sept. Trike ran great too!

Just returned from a trip to the Midwest in the Suburban Detroit area, returning by way of Chicago and St Louis, then South to Little Rock, then West to home. 2170 miles round trip, including riding time in the rain.

I'm very pleased with the how the AV91 Cobra Chrome Trike Tire performed during my trip. The handling and grip under all road/weather conditions, and its comfort can best be described as exceptional.

After my test ride with the little buddy ... I decided to take a ride to Montrose for some Long John Silver's fish ... Yummy

On the way there, I stopped at the Escallante Canyon cutoff. Grabbed a pic with the sign. If you look real close between the clouds and the hills, you can see snow covered mountains ... they are like 11-12k up.

2019-06-19 11.01.56.jpg

This picture reminded me of west Texas ... sort of.

2019-06-19 11.02.20.jpg

Well ... Until you turn around and look at the 11k Mesa in the distance ... LOL. Doesn't seem that high here ... but I'm at 5200 feet

2019-06-19 12.21.57.jpg

Had lunch and headed back. Since I had the little phone with the neck lanyard, I took a pic of the PV.

2019-06-19 12.50.21.jpg

I had filled up in Montrose ... maybe 25 miles back.

Last Pic ... on my cul-de-sac heading to my house ... If you look between my gararagew and the neighbor's, just over his RV, you can see the 11k Mesa (tallest flat top mesa in the world ... or so the tell me).

Mesa.jpg

Next week, I'm meeting a member from here at Breckenridge, Co. for the HOG rally ... be going over 12k mountains (Vail pass) and spending the night at Frisco which is at 9k gonna be some chilly nights and mornings ... the high is supposed to get to 68* :D

Sully says:
Fuzzy, what is this and what's it connected to ? That screen is his Power Vision tuner. It connects to the ECM diagnostic port. On my 17 Tri the port is under the left side cover.

You can display 6 inputs to the ECM.

Gave the trike a good cleaning to remove four states worth of bug carcasses, bug juice and road grime. A lot of that grime came from the the toxic cocktails the 18 wheelers served up when passing in the rain. Cleaned the helmet and visor, washed the rain pants, jacket and gaiters.....they drank the cocktails too!

I put the Ceramic coating on the Tri. I had never used any of this prior. I had seen a Ceramic coating advertised from Mothers, so I bought it. The paint/trike looks great really gives a deep shine. Time will tell on how it lasts but it goes on easy so I can see myself doing the truck next.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png