What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Meander on Old Man

Weather was gorgeous today ... mid 60's ... sunny and not a lot of breeze.

Since the broncos are looking pretty sad, decided to do a little ride. Thought a nice 50-60 mile ride would be a good thing ... almost 6 hours later and 300+ miles, pulled back into the garage. Mom was ticked ... guess she had "stuff" for me to do ... it'll be there tomorrow ... LOL.

For most of the ride I listened to an Audible original (freebee) called "The Man Who Knew the Way to the Moon". Interesting true semi biography about John Hobolt, the guy who fought to get NASA to use Lunar Orbit Recovery to get to the Moon. Very interesting study in bureaucracy ... LOL.

So, a meandering ride ... if only a mini one. :D Gotta do a longer one before I go bonkers ... :tinfoil::wacko::wacko2:

Polished all wheels with "Mothers". Then polished the entire trike with Zaino, 2 diff procedures. Got the oil changed. Trying a new oil this time.

Polished all wheels with "Mothers". Then polished the entire trike with Zaino, 2 diff procedures. Got the oil changed. Trying a new oil this time.

Did you take the front wheel off to polish it? I'm procrastinating on the front wheel ... kind of think the only way to do this right (or at least easily) is to remove the wheel and rotors ... just curious if you didn't remove the wheel and rotors, where you able to get all of it?

Should be noted ... I plan to ceramic coat them too.

Did you take the front wheel off to polish it? I'm procrastinating on the front wheel ... kind of think the only way to do this right (or at least easily) is to remove the wheel and rotors ... just curious if you didn't remove the wheel and rotors, where you able to get all of it?

Not that big of area did with wheels on

Mother's polishing ball is great for this I have one with a 12" extended shaft works really well. Fred

I have that Red Ball also,but did not use it. As small as the wheel area is,just a rag works well. Jack up wheel & rotate. Easy Peezy :clapping::clapping:

Rainy today ... by some accounts, we could get S _ _ _ ... we'll see. So ... today I went out and gave the Fat Bottom Girl a pat on the b$tt. Just for the PC crowd ... :Shrug: ... I asked the FBG if I could pat her b$tt and she said yes ... at least that's what I "heard". :D

Today and the past two weeks 30s & low 40s with rain sucks in Mass East coast. Tomorrow looks like it mite hit a high of 48 I riding in to work.:clapping: Mite be my last hora for this year? Thanks Giving weekend start tear down. Adding new 585 SS cam's cam plate & pump with new adjustable push rods. Mighty Mite fans new Polk Audio MM1 speakers , Rockford Fosgate amp and USB power port for the wife. All planed for this winter up grades. Maybe new rims for Christmas have to wait an see fingers crossed!

[h=1][/h]

Today and the past two weeks 30s & low 40s with rain sucks in Mass East coast. Tomorrow looks like it mite hit a high of 48 I riding in to work.:clapping: Mite be my last hora for this year? Thanks Giving weekend start tear down. Adding new 585 SS cam's cam plate & pump with new adjustable push rods. Mighty Mite fans new Polk Audio MM1 speakers , Rockford Fosgate amp and USB power port for the wife. All planed for this winter up grades. Maybe new rims for Christmas have to wait an see fingers crossed!

Gotta love a guy that's into bling ... :D

Rode it to work this morning (27 degrees). I'm annoyed that the $280 Harley heated grips do almost nothing. The $50 Symtec Heated Grips that I installed on my FJR1300 work just fine.

I talked to my parts guy and said that I need to swap them out for another set. He said that I have to have their service department verify that the grips are defective since I installed them myself.

Went to the dealer, had 2 software upgrades done. One was for the traction control, the other was for using the cloud app, that I don’t use. They also replaced the chrome bezel for the speedo as it cracked, and they ordered a new speedo as moisture is getting in leaving some staining on the inside of the glass.

Out for a ride and pulled into a local park to see if the dolphins were around today and heard a really odd sound when going slow. After we parked, starting looking around and found the horn hanging from it's wires banging on the cylinder, damn, the bracket broke. Got the bracket off and zip tied the wires out of the way, geez, $35 for a new horn bracket, all installed and the horn still works, lol.

neryRUOR_o.jpg

Horn bracket

Out for a ride and pulled into a local park to see if the dolphins were around today and heard a really odd sound when going slow. After we parked, starting looking around and found the horn hanging from it's wires banging on the cylinder, damn, the bracket broke. Got the bracket off and zip tied the wires out of the way, geez, $35 for a new horn bracket, all installed and the horn still works, lol.

neryRUOR_o.jpg

Seen that many times....... pretty common HD issue.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png