What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Hope it is Sooner than Later, Jerry. Glad you are doing well after the surgery. Cya in K-ville even if I have to tow it from Ohio. I van break it in down there.

I completed the installation of the Wheel Dock chock and the X-Track rails in my new Aluma TK1 trailer over the weekend. Yesterday it was raining all day so today I had an opportunity to take it out for a shake down cruise over city streets, two lane county roads and oh yes, interstates. I am really impressed with the quality of this trailer and how well it pulls. I hardly know it's back there. And my wife is the one who noticed that it was less than half the price of our most recent (in April 2007) Bushtec pull behind trailer. In any case our trailer pulling with the motorcycle / trike are over and we're entering a new era where we'll pull the trike to our destination . . . that is when we're going on a destination ride and plan to stay in the area.

Here are a few photos:

View attachment 83761View attachment 83763View attachment 83762View attachment 83764View attachment 83765

Yeah, I know . . . it's probably overkill with the chock and strapping. But I don't want nuthin' falling off there, lol. :laugh:

Sweet rig ... always liked the TK1 ... light weight and well built ... my home made is well built, but not so light ... LOL.

Shocks and Reverse

Finished the spring cleaning and installation of the ProAction Shocks and reverse motor. I have only been able to put a couple of miles on them. Next Monday or Tuesday I am going to Attack the Cut-off to see how they really feel. Should be fun.

Kurt

Been snowing for the last 18 hours. Not much to do but think about the approaching riding season for us northerners! But, progress is being made in the "upgrades" on Big Red ('13 TG)! Ordered the Pro Action Shocks and Bearing Retainer Plates kit from DK this morning.

Yes, Progress!

Talk about Progress! An email came in from DK Custom Products at 12:13pm stating my order had been shipped! Maybe four hours from time of order to shipping email. Pro-Action Shocks setup for my '13 TG and the Bearing Retainer Plates Kit. Talk about service! There's not another aftermarket motorcycle parts supplier that responds to its customers like DK does. Thanks to Kevin and Devin and the rest of all y'all that make things happen at DK!

Talk about Progress! An email came in from DK Custom Products at 12:13pm stating my order had been shipped! Maybe four hours from time of order to shipping email. Pro-Action Shocks setup for my '13 TG and the Bearing Retainer Plates Kit. Talk about service! There's not another aftermarket motorcycle parts supplier that responds to its customers like DK does. Thanks to Kevin and Devin and the rest of all y'all that make things happen at DK!

Them guys are lightening fast ... always amazes me.

Finished the spring cleaning and installation of the ProAction Shocks and reverse motor. I have only been able to put a couple of miles on them. Next Monday or Tuesday I am going to Attack the Cut-off to see how they really feel. Should be fun.

Kurt

That Cut-off is truly a unique road. Looking forward to hearing how you like it with the new set-up.

Kevin

Ha Jerry it time for a new Avatar with that sharp looking Machine!ThumbUp

I agree. But I can’t figure out how to change it.
d00e66e1-2c07-4bcf-82e7-e9d91e566137

Picked up the 17 TG from the shop, took it in because the reverse quit working.

They rebuilt the reverse motor under extended warranty.

Brought it home put it in the barn and changed fluids in all 3 holes, cleaned the outlaw oil filter, removed the tank and replaced the spark plugs.

Tomorrow I will install ThunderVolt 50 Black Spark Plug Wires that I picked up from DK Custom after Christmas.

Also need to put my EBS with DK Custom Catch Can back on.

Have the Kuryakyn bags to put on the lowers and Ciro Bat Wing lights to install but probably going to wait for warmer weather for that.

Bob

Picked up the 17 TG from the shop, took it in because the reverse quit working.

They rebuilt the reverse motor under extended warranty.

Brought it home put it in the barn and changed fluids in all 3 holes, cleaned the outlaw oil filter, removed the tank and replaced the spark plugs.

Tomorrow I will install ThunderVolt 50 Black Spark Plug Wires that I picked up from DK Custom after Christmas.

Also need to put my EBS with DK Custom Catch Can back on.

Have the Kuryakyn bags to put on the lowers and Ciro Bat Wing lights to install but probably going to wait for warmer weather for that.

Bob

Sounds great...you are gonna love those spark plug wires. They are 1 of the best upgrades I made.

Whoo hoo. It got up to the low 70s here today and the DW and I went for a 150 mile lunch ride with out local HOG Chapter. Great to be in the wind . . . and I mean that literally as the wind was gusting to over 30 mph . . . but it was fun. And my new right knee was just fine . . . much better than before the surgery. :clapping:

New Rekluse clutch, DK comfort lifts and 14” Pro Action shocks.

All set set for the 1200 mi ride to DAYTONA😄😄9

OMG. rides like butter now. What a difference. Was going with legend but contacted DK and they gave me solid reasons why, legends are great for two wheel, trikes are a different animal, and that coil over shocks would be better, not to mention much less $$. So glad I listened. Bumps? What bumps?

The Rekluse is amazing. No more clutching exercise in traffic.

Labor done by my favorite techs. My two sons who will be riding with me To Bike Week. 😁

Attachments

• 00FA51A6-DDC7-4C79-898D-82B1BFA13559.jpg
    00FA51A6-DDC7-4C79-898D-82B1BFA13559.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 185
Whoo hoo. It got up to the low 70s here today and the DW and I went for a 150 mile lunch ride with out local HOG Chapter. Great to be in the wind . . . and I mean that literally as the wind was gusting to over 30 mph . . . but it was fun. And my new right knee was just fine . . . much better than before the surgery. :clapping:

You were lucky. Finally got to ride the Teal. Only 52 here with STRONG winds. We did about 80 miles, I was going for 100 but Janiene got too cold. Maybe another day this week,although more wet stuff in the forecast. Not sure about the shocks. Stopped once & wound them down a bit. Believe I spoiled Janiene with the Pro shocks. Going to adjust again. If it does not warm,she said we will trailer down. 1300 from here.

Installed the ThunderVolt 50 Black Spark Plug Wires.

Got the tank back on then went for a ride to get some gas. Really can tell the difference in the response I get when I roll the throttle on.

Another great product sold by DK Custom!!!

Put my EBS with DK Custom Catch Can back on then was able to get the Kuryakyn bags to put on the lowers.

Still have the Ciro Bat Wing lights to install, may get those on tomorrow.

Bob

You were lucky. Finally got to ride the Teal. Only 52 here with STRONG winds. We did about 80 miles, I was going for 100 but Janiene got too cold. Maybe another day this week,although more wet stuff in the forecast. Not sure about the shocks. Stopped once & wound them down a bit. Believe I spoiled Janiene with the Pro shocks. Going to adjust again. If it does not warm,she said we will trailer down. 1300 from here.

Regarding the shocks . . . I've not installed the ProAction 14" with comfort lift from you 2018 yet so still testing out the 'new improved' H-D factory rear shocks. First ride I took the DW on I set it to about 25 as per the H-D manual and it was AWFUL! I dialed it down to about 14 for today's ride and it was much, much better . . . really pretty good in fact. So I may continue to play around with the new factory shock settings. Decisions, decisions. :xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png