Help required from Goldwing 1800 CSC owners

The Wolf

TOI - Scotland
Mar 15, 2008
Livingston Scotland
Hello Guys...Are you able to assist my trikey pal with this dilema?
Here goes:

"I own a 2004,1800cc Cobra CSC trike conversion. Can anyone help with any information regarding raising the body for more clearance on the rear wheels. Further to this has anyone with the same conversion, when rocking the trike side to side, I get a knocking from the rear"

Can anyone help? Thank you in anticipation,
Jake

PS It will make an old guy very happy if he is able to have this question answered.:yes::yes::yes:

The bodies are shimmed at mounting time. The amount of lift is set pretty much by what is required to get the side covers etc... to line up correctly and allow the side panels to properly attach to the grommets. I do not believe you can raise the body higher without causing yourself more problems.

As to the "click" sound when rocking the trike side to side.
IF you can, check the torsion bar and its connecting links, See if you can find your problem there. I have seen the torsion bar link ends become loose and it is a bit of a job to repair.

How Old is your kit?

Regards,
Chuck

Wolf, back in the day I raised the body on my jeep by drilling a hole in hockey pucks. I added 1 to each body mount using longer bolts, it raised it about 1 inch, hardly noticeable but got me the clearance I need.

Last edited:
Wolf, back in the day I raised the body on my jeep by drilling a hole in hockey pucks. I added 1 to each body mount using longer bolts, it raised it about 1 inch, hardly noticeable but got me the clearance I need.
I wouldn't try that with a CSC or any other Kit,,,, unless you want to completely redesign the tour pack (trunk) mounting and the side covers re made to conform with the New Shape..........
Some of these kits have very little tire clearance The CSC is one of them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png