What did you do to your Trike this week?

Sorry to hear the dealer shop screwed up their work, but that what some/most shops do. I have nothing good to say about dealer shops.

My normal shop/dealer I trust completely, but in an emergency, you have no choice to whom your trike ends up..Unfortunately, it just happened to be a bad shop/tech who ended doing the work!

I just hope no one goes through this!

Rosy

Well the other day I replaced my ugly stock grips with nice shiny ISO Grips. Installation went well.

Today I had was going to install my MicMute system and add a Y cable to the Aux of my stereo so I can have my GPS hooked up full time to the AUX and I can also plug something else into the AUX at the same time.

Well...... after splitting the front fairing and removing the seats, I find a mouse nest under my rear seat..I guess that is what I get for parking my trike in the tent.

As for the Y cable installation, the cable I purchased had a single male end with the 2 female ends. It was the correct setup however it had the wrong male connection. I need a Mini Plug and this one had a RCA style plug which will not work. I checked the local stores, Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy and none of them had the correct cable in stock. I ended up ordering one off Amazon Prime and it will be here Saturday.

Taking great strides to follow directions and attention to details, I correctly installed my MicMute. Upon testing the system NOTHING....I could not get it to work. My CB worked but the intercom did not. Total frustration. I just went on Venture Rider and upon reading some of the posts, it may have been operator error. I was pressing and holding the PPT button when I tested it. Seems from my reading, that I need to push and release, talk and then push again to turn mics off. When I get home this morning, I will try that and hopefully they will work.

I did one other thing. The chrome trim piece at the top of the front fairing and bottom of the windshield is infamous for the plastic tabs breaking. To try to avoid having to replace it at $140, I bought some epoxy and covered each tab with it. Hopefully it will add enough strength to the tabs to prevent or delay them breaking off.

You are very lucky the mice did not do any damage to your wiring, lots of times they will chew the wires. A friend of mine stores his hot rod in an outside garage and he sets up mouse traps around his car to keep the mice out. But, you have to keep checking the traps and lots of times put fresh bait, because insects will eat the bait and not trigger the trap!

So, your ride is going to be Purdy when we go on our meet and greet, that's great. Good luck in setting up your wire with the correct plug!

Let us know how it works when finished.

Rosy

You are very lucky the mice did not do any damage to your wiring, lots of times they will chew the wires. A friend of mine stores his hot rod in an outside garage and he sets up mouse traps around his car to keep the mice out. But, you have to keep checking the traps and lots of times put fresh bait, because insects will eat the bait and not trigger the trap!

So, your ride is going to be Purdy when we go on our meet and greet, that's great. Good luck in setting up your wire with the correct plug!

Rosy

Moth Balls will keep them away... After the snow season i would keep my Snowmobiles in a poll barn all summer, And i would put moth balls in the engine compartment and on the running boards, Never had a problem , Before that the mice would have nests all over, And even fill the air box and exhaust pipes right to the top with corn...

Oh Yes, Goldwings are noted to have nest in their air filter compartment! Nice safe place to build a nest, Not!

Rosy

Rosy

Was able to get the Aux spit with the Y cable and all works well. I also picked up this mini Bluetooth device which I can plug into the Aux Jack and Bluetooth music from my phone...pretty neat.

The Mic-Mute is still not working. I kind of gave up on it for now and put my trike back together. Waiting to here from a guy who installed one on his Venture a while ago.. Hopefully it will work before Maggie Valley trip or I will just remove it and live with the open mics.

This Friday, July 14th I will be entering my trike in a Yamaha Bike Show at Bentley's in Arundel Maine. Not sure if he has a trike category or not but I'm confident that it will finish high on the list no matter which category it's in. Was there last Monday and heads were turning..:D:D:D:D:D

I am sure with all the work you have done to your ride you will finish way on top, if not first!

Who is playing at Bentley's Saturday? Name of the band? We were there a couple years ago for their breakfast, which was not bad at all! It does get a little crazy there some Saturday nights.

Arundel police watch Route 1 very carefully at night for speeding and OUI, so be careful!

Rosy

Just put floorboard extensions on my 17 Tri... ,Got them from DK....It really needed them the stock floorboards kept my feet right on the engine...Just sitting on the Trike in my garage i can feel the difference right away...I didn't ride it yet because the sky is falling, Its like a monsoon out there...:(

Abused the poor thing trying to out run the rains from camp to home. Made it :Shrug: monsooned 5 min after I got home.:clapping:

Amen

Abused the poor thing trying to out run the rains from camp to home. Made it :Shrug: monsooned 5 min after I got home.:clapping:
Run hard and put away hot tisk.. tisk.. at least you didn't get a 60 MPH wash job! LOL!!! ride safe Fred

Added a trunk luggage rack. Can't imagine I'll ever put luggage up there. I have a monkey (stuffed) that has velcro on his hands and feet and he has a Harley T shirt on. He has ridden on the back of every bike I've owned for the last 25 years.

Someone asked me the other day, "Why my monkey has a Harley T shirt on?"

Without missing a beat I said, "His bike broke down so I'm giving him a ride." Didn't go over so well ... :AGGHH:

Added a trunk luggage rack. Can't imagine I'll ever put luggage up there. I have a monkey (stuffed) that has velcro on his hands and feet and he has a Harley T shirt on. He has ridden on the back of every bike I've owned for the last 25 years.

Someone asked me the other day, "Why my monkey has a Harley T shirt on?"

Without missing a beat I said, "His bike broke down so I'm giving him a ride." Didn't go over so well ... :AGGHH:

98 percent of all Harley's made since 1970 are still on the road today....

The other 2 percent made it home.....:cxtv:

Didn't like the idea of an ice chest on the tongue of our CSC Escapade trailer because of the added tongue weight. So I made a frame out of scrape lumber laying around the garage to carry an ice chest directly over the axle inside our trailer. We will put the ice in a big ziplock bag so we don't have any leakage inside the trailer.

Ready for Maggie Valley now!!! :good:

Attachments

• Ice Chest Frame.jpg
    Ice Chest Frame.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Ice Chest Frame 1.jpg
    Ice Chest Frame 1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 231
Great idea and looks like good workmanship on the cooler holder/divider!

When I had my tongue split, so as I could put my Donkey trailer in my truck, I never put the cooler rack back on the tongue. I remember when I had my cooler on the tongue, I would clear the trunk so I wouldn't have as much weight in the rear of the trike with the added tongue weight.

With the GL-1800, I never had a problem pulling my trailer. With 100hp, I never knew I had a trailer behind me.

Rosy

Besides,gonna get a new radio....highway mounts and pegs.Permanent DAV license plate. Made matching shift pegs,the front a little longer than the heel shift.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png