• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

adjusting the park brake

Reaction score
I adjusted the park brake the best I could and it still not holding. There was a recall on the 2012 TG on the pads and roters. It held for awhile and now nothing. What do you think?;)

It is an easy fix.... Just remove the whole parking brake assembly, stuff it in a box, and place the box on a shelf in your garage. That is where mine is, and I never have a problem with it ever. It works flawlessly sitting there gathering dust and stewing about how it cant irritate me anymore. It may miss me, but I don't miss it at all. And neither will you. Mine came off 1 month after I got my TG.

It is an easy fix.... Just remove the whole parking brake assembly, stuff it in a box, and place the box on a shelf in your garage. That is where mine is, and I never have a problem with it ever. It works flawlessly sitting there gathering dust and stewing about how it cant irritate me anymore. It may miss me, but I don't miss it at all. And neither will you. Mine came off 1 month after I got my TG.

Trent,
How big a job is it to remove it ? did you remove all the linkage or just the handle ? how long did it take to complete the job.
I hate that dam thing :gah:.

I had my HD shop do it. Took him 30 minutes. When I told them I wanted that piece of crap off of my Trike, they just laughed and said they understood, and no problem. Removed the whole thing,, handle, linkage, cables, irritation. All gone!

Sound like a great idea but how do you secure from rolling while it is running?

Sound like a great idea but how do you secure from rolling while it is running?

Use your brakes. Or do you mean if you are not on the Trike while it is sitting there idling? If that is the case, make sure you are sitting somewhere level. Never been a problem for me. Many TG owners on this site have gone the full removal route also. Don't remember ever hearing anyone regret doing so.

Takes me about 5 minutes to adjust the parking break on both trikes. I replaced the Allan head set screw with a thumb screw so you don't need any tools. If the trike starts to slip I adjust it 1 revolution. Still moves, 1 more revolution. Just make sure that when the hand break is released the pads don't drag.

OR, take the break off, whatever tickles your fancy.

Ditto on the velcro. Bought a strip a couple feet long at Joann Fabrics that is an inch wide, and cut a couple for my trike and wifes Sportster trike that never had a brake. Just leave it looped over the mirror shaft.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png