Clutch Switch Issue

I really think if it was the kick stand the whole bike would die not just the radio

I asked a Honda tech what they thought.
Since the radio works in neutral, they suspect the side stand switch.

I have an appointment Friday Morning with the Honda dealer to check it out. The trike builder agreed to pay for any costs due to the trike build.

UPDATE: Adjustments done. Radio works.
Backup lights and running lights do not.

Honda Tech has called CSC.
CSC has referred to their engineers.

Pfff.

Back up lights, you have back up lights?

if you have taken your top shelter off check to see if the antenna is plugged in good. sounds like when your standing still it is making contact but when your moving it is not.

FIGURED IT OUT...
The ancillary ground from the kit was not grounded.

That's it.
Everything works.

Hey George, great news. Yes, those pesky ground(s) can be a bug for sure when not connected, or when they come lose. Glad to hear that the problem is resolved. Enjoy your ride.ThumbUp

UPDATE: Adjustments done. Radio works. Backup lights and running lights do not. Honda Tech has called CSC. CSC has referred to their engineers. Pfff.

So MDGeorge, the side stand switch was your problem with the audio sound? If I remember mine would not run if the side stand switch was set wrong. I had to adjust mine to or it would die when I put it in gear (if I remember right :( ). Mine starts and goes down the road fine.

Where is the ancillary ground location?

This thread just helped me greatly. I had the same exact issue and bike. (2012 GL18 CSC Viper).

The ground wire I needed was the white wire from CSC Body (harness on left side with backup wiring). My issue was battery was replaced and white wire was on battery positive instead of negative.

This thread just helped me greatly. I had the same exact issue and bike. (2012 GL18 CSC Viper).

The ground wire I needed was the white wire from CSC Body (harness on left side with backup wiring). My issue was battery was replaced and white wire was on battery positive instead of negative.

Shawn.........Welcome To Trike-Talk..........:wave4::wave4:....

Shawn welcome aboard. we are here to share our knowledge.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png