Lower vent broken

I just replaced the right lower "Glove box tray". The square where the bolt goes through with the serrated washers snapped off. The guys at my local dealership said they never seen that before, not even on the 2 wheelers. Has anyone else seen/had this happen before? The parts manager said he was going to send it to Harley and see what they have to say about it.

I just replaced the right lower "Glove box tray". The square where the bolt goes through with the serrated washers snapped off. The guys at my local dealership said they never seen that before, not even on the 2 wheelers. Has anyone else seen/had this happen before? The parts manager said he was going to send it to Harley and see what they have to say about it.

For the life of me I can not picture the location that you are referring to.

For the life of me I can not picture the location that you are referring to.

I believe he is referring to the bolt that locates and holds tension on the moveable vents on the lowers, I've never seen or heard of one snapping off. I would assume is someone hogged down on it and given the vibration Harleys make it could possibly brake.

I believe he is referring to the bolt that locates and holds tension on the moveable vents on the lowers, I've never seen or heard of one snapping off. I would assume is someone hogged down on it and given the vibration Harleys make it could possibly brake.

:Agree: Vibrations are a little more pronounced on a trike. I think it has to to do with the wider rear stance of the axle, the rear body vibrations and rear frame flexing we get because of it can cause things to wear or break. Im finding that at the every season or towards the middle of the second season depending how many miles I have ridden, the muffler bushings on my trike are needing to be replaced.

The shorter ones that were superseded by the longer ones specific for trikes would just fall out after only several months

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png