Lower Fairing Vents

Seaweed

70+ Posts
Has anyone had trouble with the lower fairing vents getting stuck? The slide was a bit stiff but now it won't move at all. Was planning to dig into it tomorrow but not exactly sure what to undo to get at it. I have the manual but it doesn't have much about how they operate. Thanks!

Thanks Dave. When you say "loosen", did you have to take stuff apart? Or could work with it without separating everything? I guess it depends exactly what the problem is too.

Good news and for once I got a little luck. When I opened up to take my initial look, I notice that the link to the vent had popped off hinge to the vent door. Tight squeeze but I was able to snap it back into place. I did clean everything and lubed it up. Now what I know what to look for it's something I will clean & lube every year.

Good news and for once I got a little luck. When I opened up to take my initial look, I notice that the link to the vent had popped off hinge to the vent door. Tight squeeze but I was able to snap it back into place. I did clean everything and lubed it up. Now what I know what to look for it's something I will clean & lube every year.

That was the problem with mine. I had a coolant leak, which the dealership fixed, and in the process "dis-jointed" one of my vents. I had to loosen the lower fairing housing to make enough clearance to get at the un-coupled joint. Didn't have to take the fairing all the way off. Glad you got yours fixed.

Back