• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Maggie Valley 2015

We stayed at the Best Western in MV two weeks ago. Rooms were $90 + tax, which included the free (not) breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, coffee,and juice. It filled the void and beat waiting in line at the other eateries.
Some friends stayed at The Holiday just east of us for $70 + tax, a small mom & pop, very clean and they cater to anyone on a bike. Rooms were a little smaller, rocking chairs under the front porch, a small restaurant on site with great home fries, bacon and egg breakfast (not included) and a place to grill out if you desire, really nice folks.

We also stayed at the holiday. Had a great stay. The whole place was booked to bikers. The owners were very friendly and took care of all our needs.

In 2010, Mitzie and I stayed at the HOLIDAY at the first TRIKE TALK RALLY IN THE VALLEY we attended. We had bought Our first Trike just a month before the Event and the Host Motel was full. Really Great Folks run it, and the most "Motorcycle Friendly" Motel in Maggie Valley by far.....ThumbUp:10:

It has "two downfalls"......(1) Stays booked fairly heavy with Bikers (2) Not a lot of rooms available......most everything else about it falls into the "Plus Column".....ThumbUp

Yep, not a large motel, only about 25 rooms, not a place for a large group. But if you ever stay in MV on a solo trip or small group then this is the place to stay. They have a pool, all rooms have a porch with 2 rocking chairs. Parking right at your door. And the price is right. Not fancy, but very friendly. While we were there, we had HD's, other cruisers, wings, sports bikes, side cars and trikes. Great mix of riders. Most were very friendly.

We just got back from taking my RSV on her final outing as a two wheeler. We spent 4 days a the Creekside lodge. http://www.creeksidelodge.com/
They have 45 rooms and offer group rates. Behind the rooms on the creekside they have multiple picknic tables, several grills, 3 fire pits and a whole lot of chairs. I took pics but need to figgure out how to resize them.
Dining within walking distance.
This would be a great place for a rallie.

Sounds like the week after Labor Day is a good plan. Let's do it...ThumbUp

Goldwing Wings over the Smokies is returning to Maggie Valley last week of September this year. Will be staying in Cherokee with some in MG. Might want to check with that group to see when they're going to have the 2015 WOS.

Maggie Valley is a very nice place as I've been there several times but, if we are having such a hard time finding hotels in Sept, why not have Mountain Rider (Jerry) check into the hotels on his side of the mountain ?? A lot of the rides on the Maggie Valley side wind up on his side anyway and there sure are a lot more choices over there not only for motels but attractions/restaurants and wonderful roads to ride. Just think about it before you eliminate it!! Either way, I will be there !!

Tomg

"Other Side of the Mountain" is in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Townsend Area.....in September/October that Area is generally more booked and more expensive than Maggie Valley........"main reason" a lot of the Rides end up over there is because so many Folks "yell" DRAGON, DRAGON, DRAGON.....there are some Really Great Routes in the Maggie Valley/Blue Ridge Parkway Area also.....in fact, some of my Favorites are.....ThumbUp

How do you spell traffic?
Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Townsend Area.
My vote, for what it's worth (I know I'm just a newbi here) is keep it in the valley.

"Other Side of the Mountain" is in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Townsend Area.....in September/October that Area is generally more booked and more expensive than Maggie Valley........"main reason" a lot of the Rides end up over there is because so many Folks "yell" DRAGON, DRAGON, DRAGON.....there are some Really Great Routes in the Maggie Valley/Blue Ridge Parkway Area also.....in fact, some of my Favorites are.....ThumbUp

I just looked at Best Western rates for $59, not sure what others are looking at !! That is why I suggested to have someone local (Jerry) check it our for rates, traffic, riding routes etc and let him get back to us.

Tomg

I to like Maggie Valley but they roll up the sidewalks and shut down as soon as the sun goes down.
As far as traffic in Pigeon Forge in September it is lite as the the kids are back in school and the leaf lookers are not here yet. As far as entertainment Pigeon Forge has plenty of things to do from resturants to dinner theaters, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede and the best shopping for the girls this side of Atlanta.
Some of the best motorcycle roads in the south originate in this area. As far as lodging the motel rates are great the second and third weeks in Sept.
To get an idea as far as rates go, check out the Best Western Toni Inn in Pigeon Forge on line as this is a 4 star rated motel and has great reviews and is located right on the parkway.
Just my 2 cents for the what ever its worth department.

I to like Maggie Valley but they roll up the sidewalks and shut down as soon as the sun goes down.
As far as traffic in Pigeon Forge in September it is lite as the the kids are back in school and the leaf lookers are not here yet. As far as entertainment Pigeon Forge has plenty of things to do from resturants to dinner theaters, Dollywood, Dixie Stampede and the best shopping for the girls this side of Atlanta.
Some of the best motorcycle roads in the south originate in this area. As far as lodging the motel rates are great the second and third weeks in Sept.
To get an idea as far as rates go, check out the Best Western Toni Inn in Pigeon Forge on line as this is a 4 star rated motel and has great reviews and is located right on the parkway.
Just my 2 cents for the what ever its worth department.

awesome.jpg

OK, this is the best deal I could work out since there are competing rallies that have slots already reserved. Best Western Maggie Valley will give us the whole hotel for the following days in Sept 2015: Monday 7th, Tuesday 8th, Wednesday 9th, Thursday 10th at a rate of $65 per night plus tax. Being that it is Labor Day Week, that is one hell of a good rate. I had to commit today to get it locked in so I did. Hope it works for everyone, its the best I could do. The weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) rates are much higher, like $129 per night, but for stay-overs we can have Friday night for $90 per night if anyone wants an extra night.

The GM is checking to make sure he can do the same for the scouting party for the same days this year (2014) but there will be limited rooms as many are already booked. We have stayed at the Best Western in years past and filled up both it and the Microtel next door and they own both, this is why we are getting a great deal, they want us back. This hotel is super clean, nice and run by good people who always roll out the red carpet for our group. You will not be disappointed in this hotel. Trip Advisor Reviews Best Western Maggie Valley.

Booked for 9/7/15-9/11/15, four nights. System brought up price of $169.99 plus tax. :AGGHH: Tyler made note in system. Will call tomorrow to insure we get $65 per night plus tax. Hotel phone number is 828-926-3962.

I'm a bit confused, is this for the scouting party this year, or are we talking 2015?

Bill,

Looks like they're talking about both. Zook has the entire Hotel booked for 2015 and is currently working on what's still available for the scouting party this coming September, 2014.

Zook,, correct me if I'm wrong.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png