Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

2016 FreeWheeler purchased July 2018

Traded in out Street Glide and We really like ours - It took about a week to get used to the steering , handling a differences - I must have put my feet down at least a half dozen times at red lights that first week ( L O L ) I swapped the 16" windshield for a 21" and changed the back rest - Also put a wide seat made for the Triglide on it - Very comfortable machine.

Attachments

• 20180728_164647.jpg
    20180728_164647.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 133
Hello again fellow Freewheelers.

Trike was delivered today looking great. Here are some details:

It is a 2017, used with 1,437 miles. The previous owner had the luggage rack, back rest and windshield installed. The dealer added a rear bumper at no charge to us. Another $1K in gift cards and a couple free t-shirts sealed the deal. My son and I both ride Iron 883s. We have both taken the trike for a ride. Definitely a different animal. It is going to be a lot of fun.

20181009_183758_Film1-1.jpg

Hello again fellow Freewheelers.

Trike was delivered today looking great. Here are some details:

It is a 2017, used with 1,437 miles. The previous owner had the luggage rack, back rest and windshield installed. The dealer added a rear bumper at no charge to us. Another $1K in gift cards and a couple free t-shirts sealed the deal. My son and I both ride Iron 883s. We have both taken the trike for a ride. Definitely a different animal. It is going to be a lot of fun.

Sweet ride, and I love the color. Going from an 883 Iron to a Freewheeler is a huge jump, but it will grow on you. Still miss my 2 wheeler on the twisties.

In your photo your fairing looks way lower than the previous post and photo by Dannymax.

any thoughts why?

It has ape hangers that are higher. The fairing is the same height. Notice there’s no difference in how it fits on the headlight.

Front brake controls

I was considering removing the front brake control from my freewheeler. Do I really need it?

I am waiting on feedback on how it does in the rain with the short front fender and the bobtailed rears...The Freewheeler does have the cool factor going for it...I can see it with a crash bar and lowers...

I rode Roadkings since they came out in 94 but I'm loving my 17 freewheeler. I do a lot of long solo rides and it's great not having to think about U-turns, gravel and oil, parking on a slope, fast stops, wet roads etc.

Riding a freewheeler in the rain has it's good and not so good points. When raining it's a great feeling to have 3 wheels on the ground and two tail lights (plus a light bar on my luggage rack), but if I'm caught without a rain suit my pants get immediately soaked from the knee down due to the shorter front fender (vs roadking style). I don't notice any water coming from the rear fenders at all.. can't say how it might affect a passenger. But the peace of mind when riding in the rain far out weighs the wet pants.

I did put front fork wind deflectors on my FW which is like night and day when riding 60 or 70 mph for hours, but I think the water is coming more from the front tire. I do kind of wonder how the air filter will do if riding for hours in the rain... might have to get one of those covers.

Here a couple of photo of the front end and deflectors.

IMG_3065sm.jpg

Riding a freewheeler in the rain has it's good and not so good points. When raining it's a great feeling to have 3 wheels on the ground and two tail lights (plus a light bar on my luggage rack), but if I'm caught without a rain suit my pants get immediately soaked from the knee down due to the shorter front fender (vs roadking style). I don't notice any water coming from the rear fenders at all.. can't say how it might affect a passenger. But the peace of mind when riding in the rain far out weighs the wet pants.

View attachment 82857

Get some "soft lowers" .they go on the crash bars & fold up nice & small when not in use. I have a set I dont use anymore. Cmon down to the Kerrville get together & I will bring them down. https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/soft-lowers

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png