Anyone else?

Sounds really good

On the vid Ride Home you can tell a little.

When I start off 1st and 2nd get revved to just barely on the cam.

The tone starts to change around 3000rpm and is starting to talk at 3500. I pulled 1 and 2 to around 4500. So just a little of on cam talk. You do realize this is a 7500rpm motor and there is a lot more to go. I rarely get it up that high in normal driving. What your see there in Ride Home is pretty much my normal hot take off. I like to hear it turn on and right after it turns on I stick the next gear.

I could drive around and never even get to the cam turn on point.

The Natchez Trace vid is at a low gurgle for the 50mph speed limit there. You can not hear the engine over the wind noise.

Went and rode with my little sister today (her birthday)

15360156902890.jpg

I guess the whole time we were riding away from the rain. Did get her home before getting wet. Did have to turn around and go a different route.

But I was not so lucky. Was still 20 miles from my home. Almost the whole way in a good hard rain.

Scooter handled it though. The electronics are not all waterproof. But everything stayed working while wet.

It did wet me down good through. Looks like the rooster tail from the front tire goes straight onto the crank pulley and it in turn makes a circular spray right across the calves.....filled my shoes up.

It is scary loose on the back end though, feels solid but just a touch on the throttle and it is spinning. The skinny front seemed to stay hooked up and steerable.

Here is an interesting one.

Stopped on the side of highway to start some pocket video.

So putting along in second waiting on a car to pass by.

Well he got over to let me in.

I give it a squirt of gas.

And then he starts coming over on me.

I back off and go around him on the far side.

I suppose he did not expect the to instantly be at 60mph (rural highway speed here).

wow, that is not cool. Could it be a flaw in the unit, did you change brands or use the same type when you changed them out ?

Did the blow out occur in the same area on the cooler ?

What a mess, no I do know much, just throw out some questions trying to help. Most would say to much pressure for the cooler, or that a stuck solenoid on the return line causing to much pressure in the cooler.

Oh I should have said " my mind would have said those things to myself".

Not good Rex, and I am sure you have thought and went over many things with the first blow out. Your knowledge of what you did to that engine, wow, it just blows me away.

My mind is going nuts know wondering what caused it to blow out, here to learn all that I can.

I know right......

Same set up as I have had on it for lots of years.

I did add to or hang more stuff off the bottom mount lugs. Maybe I have put more vibrations into it.

The first one that sprung a leak I blamed on myself. When I first cranked up the engine the oil pressure was too high. So I thought I had put some damage to it then and it began to leak a short while later.

This one has not had that happen. All good and then leak.

So the only change is the extra stuff on that mount. The cooler is rubber mounted but maybe it is too stiff now?

I am gonna make a bypass something so I ain't down. But I have found me a block of aluminum and may just whittle out a billet unit. Probably will not shed the heat like it should but I may try and see. My oil still is not hot anyways.

But I have found me a block of aluminum and may just whittle out a billet unit.

I like how you said that Rex. I say "I can whittle that" with wood a lot, yet you say it with metal, just blows me away how different the two are, yet so much seems to be the same process, just different tools and machinery..

I do hope you can find what you need to make your bypass. Safe riding.:D:D

You still running this setup? Did the cooler crack by the regulator? Just a thought, but that large of a mass hanging off center would definitely vibrate and resonate to cause stress fractures. How about a brace from mounting holes on blue block to cooler? That should dampen any resonance. Just my $.02 :)

Sorta kinda, but not really.

Lower and right of center for both of them.

20181030_222000.jpg

I am thinking that regulator although it itself is light but with the added tension of the hose adding to it.

Maybe that reg and stack of fittings is more of a lever on the cooler. Then that hose is so short. But then the hose takes to the shape after a couple heat cycles.

I dunno......just thinking that short hose is pushing/pulling on the regulator with its stack of fittings.

Wow what a rambling diatribe.....

assuming the break is where circled in yellow....looks like cooler mount is about 2 inches above the leak? Kind of midway between reg. and mount.....vote for the stress break, might have to have separate reg and cooler mountings and use very flexible hoses. but where to put them?

I know you will figure it out.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png