Post Your VW Trike Pics

Info for the Carb

Here's some pic's of what's under the seat and tank. The carb is a Keihin CV 40mm, polished bore, 48 pilot and 185 main jets. Needle is set (adjustable needle) with the clip 1 notch below center. The pressure spring on the top of the diaphragm has had 1 1/2 coils cut off to make the needle come up sooner. The vacuum hole in the slide has been over drilled to 1/8". The intake is 1 1/2" exhaust bends fitted together and TIG welded. There's a brace from the bottom carb bolt to a hole in the top of the transaxle case to stabilize the carb and manifold. Air cleaner is from a Harley Twin Cam, cover removed. Snug fit but it works.

Attachments

• DSCN5697.JPG
    DSCN5697.JPG
    772.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN5698.JPG
    DSCN5698.JPG
    769 KB · Views: 256
That is an excellent looking setup Gleep! :clapping:

That 40 carb feeds the engine good being a 1776?

Reason I have asked these questions is that I am sooooooooooooo fed up with fooling around using the dual POS EMPI 40 HPMX's that I am looking for different options.

I have thought about grabbing one of the 2bbl progressive carbs but I have mixed feelings towards that route due to some fairly bad reviews.

The old time Weber's 2 bbl progressives were great but the new EMPI version has some fairly bad reviews.

CB 2208 cam. 8:1 CR. 53cc chamber "stock" heads from MOFOCO. The carb is gravity flow (eliminated the fuel pump) and it's never "starved". Power rolls on good from idle all the way up to highway speed, nice and smooth. In the county roads ans twisties along with hills, it'll roll on fro about 15 on up to 60 in 3rd- perfect cruising gear.

True- but a couple choices remain. I had an 1835 in a bus, big valve heads, 9-1 CR, forgot what cam but it came from Claudes as well as 1-1.25 rockers. I had the Weber progressive on it (single) and it ran like a stripped ass ape. The Weber progressive is fairly easy to set up to- there's lots of people running them and lots of infor and experience out there to get it real close bolting on first time. That really was my first choice but just didn't have enough room under the tank with the way it came together. Still have the carb sitting here.

On the other hand, the CV was a true "shot in the dark" with no one I could find ANYWHERE ever using it to power a VW engine. I DO know that it will power a 110" Harley (I do those too) so I figured "nothin ventured, nothin gained. :)

Right Gleep. The trouble is, it is pretty tough to actually get a true Weber 2 bbl progressive. Everyone is selling the dang EMPI crap and it is just that.........Crap.

I have a fella here in town that actually has an original Holley Bug Spray. Not sure how well that would work but I think I'm willing to give that a shot. Them were, however, basically a performance upgrade for a stock 1600 so not quite sure how well it will work on an 1835.

And, I know its long overdue, but here is a few pics of my VDub trike.............Finally. :laugh:

IMG_0033.JPGIMG_0034.JPGIMG_0035.JPGIMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0038.JPG

Nice!

I've found, with Webers, that if you get them good and clean on the inside, get 'em dialed in, keep your fuel filtered and the pressure @ no more than 3 pounds they work good. Have you thought to just run a single Weber in the middle?

Nice!

I've found, with Webers, that if you get them good and clean on the inside, get 'em dialed in, keep your fuel filtered and the pressure @ no more than 3 pounds they work good. Have you thought to just run a single Weber in the middle?

I have thought about running just a single in the middle. I may give that a shot. Of course these aren't actual Weber's. These are the EMPI knock offs.

Help with a conversion

I am a US Army Vet, I own a VW Trike, manual transmission. It has been sitting for over a year because I lost my left leg. Does any one know of a way to convert the foot brake into a hand brake OR convert the foot clutch into a hand clutch? Either way I need to free up the left leg side since I have no use of it and I truly would love to ride my trike once again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png