Post Your VW Trike Pics

Welcome to the forum Rickety.
Your build pics look good.ThumbUp
I've never seen one built using round pipe as the center frame. That's pretty unique.
During your build you'll likely have setbacks at times, but don't let them slow you down.
There are a few of us here on TT that have built VW trikes, so if you get to scratchin your head on something post it up & someone will likely be able to help you.
Think end result & you'll get it done....

thanks stinger,

Well when I decided to build, I looked at every single trike picture I could find on the net.

and with that I knew exactly what I DID NOT want to build. I hate copying someone else design or similarity.

So that's why I chose the 8" pipe as a body, My initial thought was to make it the gas tank, it can hold 12 US gallons. But I'm to far along to do that now, but the next one will have the pipe as the gas tank.

Thanks for the comments, good or bad i would really like to hear them.

- - - Updated - - -

ok the first 6 pictures are new to the slide show,

I have the wood seats built, the shiftier hooked up and installed, I'm turning the stainless steel front axle on the lathe now.

http://s887.photobucket.com/user/wah...lideshow/Trike

Please let me know what you think

Rickety

Looks like you picked the right "helper" from the first new pic you posted...;)
If she can't keep you motivated to finish your project, well good luck...
It's nice to have access to a machine shop in building/fabricating a trike or anything from scratch, so you're at least one step ahead of the home garage builder in that regard. I'm jealous!
Keep on keepin on...

Looks like you picked the right "helper" from the first new pic you posted...;) If she can't keep you motivated to finish your project, well good luck... It's nice to have access to a machine shop in building/fabricating a trike or anything from scratch, so you're at least one step ahead of the home garage builder in that regard. I'm jealous! Keep on keepin on...

yea she is a real cutie pie, she is my photographer, I don't know how she wound up in that slideshow,

Thanks anyways, Rick

and Shannon says

" keep the wheels spin'in and the beavers grin'in "

Snu I tried 2 keep it as close 2 the size of a servicar as I could. I wanted something small like a motorcycle,yet keep the proportions correct for the width.

Yep. Understood.*
I wanted mine motorcycle sized also.

Old pic. Mine is apart right now.

2015-08-09_05-02-09_zpszi0vs5m8.jpg

VW phoenix body removal problems help

Hi, hoping someone can help. Need to remove body and front seat however fuel tank in way and cant see any bolts under seat. Cant see any bolts for fuel tank either. Does it slide off?
Thanks

Ed Roth TRike I just picked up, anyone have any knowledge of these

I just picked up at auction. story is,, it came out of a storage unit in California, plate was last tagged 1995, it has a 1962 1200 motor in it, I'm almost positive its a ed roth body, it is missing front nose that bars go through, otherwise great

Attachments

• 58632121.jpg
    58632121.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 198

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png