2015 Tri Glide money pit

I bought a 2015 TriGlide, and already had to buy some NEW stuff because the stuff on my 09 wouldn't fit. 1. Floor board extensions 2. Tallboy seat because my 09 wouldn't take the backrest bracket on the 2015, and my old backrest bracket wouldn't fit the 15. Then I had a set of wild ones 12 inch apes put on, and thy have to order me some different ones because these are bent. Now I find out there is a recall on the rear master cylinder. I should have kept my 09.

Nobody is making you do the floorboard extensions or backrest or anything else You are doing those because you want to. The master cylinder recall is warranty fix so no cost there. So I am at a loss to understand how the 15 is a money pit and you should have kept the old bike. or is it just winter and nobody is riding?

Amazing! I've owned three different trikes now and each one had a number of features that I wanted to change. At first, each one seemed to be the ideal ride for me, but after a few months of riding I wanted to modify or add accessories to fit the look and ride feel I wanted.

So I spend $1,000 or so getting my ride to look and feel tailored to my taste. I've met hundreds of riders over the years and all their trikes and bikes seem to have been customized in one way or another.

As for your TG, consider the many differences between the model that HD contracted Lehman to convert between 2009 and 2012 compared to how the HD engineers adapted things when they brought the assembly process in house.

And you're asking why your 2009 accessories don't fit your 2015 model? Have you ever thought about converting a Firebird to a Corvette??? I suggest you just pay for the mods you really want and consider it part of the cost of ownership. Good luck. :Shrug::(:xzqxz:

Being the owner of a 2015 I must admit the title of this thread gave me an "Oh Oh" moment but once I read through it my initial concern was quickly gone. I didn't hear about the recall and I'm assuming HD notifies owners directly if their Trike is subject to the recall just like auto manufacturers do. Regardless, mine is hibernating till at least April.

"Outfitting a New Ride"......having owned literally hundreds of various Motorcycles over the years, "IF ONLY I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EACH TIME I....".......It's a "Sport Hazard".....:laugh:

and that's why god made e bay. so you can pass along your cast off parts to some one else who can use the parts you cant any more.:cool:

:Agree:

Amen .... and I got more money than I initially paid for most of what I sold from my last Harley. :pepper:Only the mini floorboards off the old ride were transferable to the new highway peg brackets. :D

I enjoy modding my trike. I've spent considerable coin on add-ons to Roxy, and riding apparel for me and the wife. I know there is no other trike configured exactly like mine. ThumbUp

When I go to any Dealer I make myself at home in their customer lounge. 2000 more cups of free coffee and I will have the add-ons covered.:clapping:

Your 2015 already has the correct master cylinder parts and you will not see a recall notice.

Bob :Dorag:

I am using the rider's backrest and mounting from my 13 Road King...it is mounted where the passenger grab bar was mounted...works just fine for me...my chrome passenger footboard mounts are from 06...

Attachments

• VTwin 4.jpg
    VTwin 4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 158
People often ask us why we don't manufacture parts for Honda, Kawa's etc.

Almost every year parts change...with a Harley, so many parts are interchangeable between bikes that are 5-10 and even 20 year differences.

My 14 TG has some parts on it that were originally on my 2005 Road King! I just keep moving them from bike to bike. :)

Kevin

"outfitting a new ride"......having owned literally hundreds of various motorcycles over the years, "if only i had a dollar for each time i....".......it's a "sport hazard".....:laugh:

if i only had a dollar for every dollar.....wait , then id be even...
reselling parts like this help the next guy save a little money on dolling up his toy. Kind of recycling . GO GREEN !

I always looked at the Mods as a way of being YOU as no one else looks at their ride the same way.
Love my '15 compared to the '13 I had.
My '03 Fatty is like no others also.

JUST SAYIN

Ken

When my medical issues reared their ugly heads back in May '13 I decided it was time to get off 2 (balance issues) and revert back to my youth and go with 3. I called a dealer friend of mine to discuss options and the new '14's. AND should I wait for the '14's.

One of his first comments was "everything on your '12 Limited will fit the '13". NOTHING on your '12 will fit the '14. SOLD!!! I swapped some $6,000 of accessories and add-ons in the deal.

Reminded me several years ago I was living in the Seattle area. Every Thursday a whole bunch of us use to ride over to Alki Beach for $.25 taco night. Was walking past a couple guys admiring something on a Softail. One fellow remarked "is that an accessory? Where in the other fellow remarked "everything on a Harley is an accessory".

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png