Windshield Question

Nov 29, 2014
Salem, Al
Getting close to getting my first trike. The one I'm looking at has a few stickers on the windshield. What is the best way to remove these without damaging the windsheld? Petty sure using a razor blade like I would on a car would not be the way to go.

Keep in mind it is plastic and you are right no razor blade. Might try alcohol,but try a small spot to start. GOOD LUCK

I applied a state park sticker on the lower section of my windshield with
"static cling" material that I could easily peel off to transfer to my truck if I wanted to.
The same material used to apply window ads.

Once removed I could tell were that sticker was itched on my windshield when viewed in indirect light.

Why not try using what the pros use to clean and restore plastic windshields on airplanes? it is called Davies Klear-To-Land. It is the best product I have ever found to clean plastic windshields.
I get mine from a friend in the airplane maintenance business, but I am sure you can find a supplier if you Google it.
Good luck!

Another vote for "Goo Gone". Small bottle lasts "forever"...couple of bucks at WalMart or similar. Don't rush it it - spray on, let it soak in, sticker should come off easily. Good luck!

One word of caution.....Motorcycle windshields are not all made of the the material. Keep that in mind when you research cleaners. It might help to know what material yours is made of.

I just took some sticker residue off a glass jar with vegetable oil and baking baking soda, 2 to 1 mixture. I think I would pass on the baking soda on a windshield since it acts like a fine grit sandpaper but using the oil alone will work also. Might have to soak a paper towel and let it set a bit but it might be worth a try. It's cheap enough!

Believe it or not, vinegar works very well.

One of my closely guarded secrets is that I read "Hints From Heloise" with the morning comics.

Amazing what you learn & how funny it is frequently.

Dan

Yup vinegar is what I use.
Then sometimes Goo Begone for the adhesive residue.
Also keep in mind some screens have a proprietary coating on them. Never scrape it with anything.
Scraping is why Ive just gone through the expense of replacing mine.
A second of not thinking, the scotch brite side of a sponge.:AGGHH::AGGHH: Has just caused me several hundred dollars and 2 different brands of windscreens.

The 3M adhesive remover is a product I always keep on hand.

Vinager is also a good rust remover.

I've never a bad experience with anything from 3M.

- - - Updated - - -

I just last week ordered a new windshield from Clearview.

Anyone know of anything to avoid with the brand?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png