Western tour 2015

Saltywheels

Oct 14, 2009
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
WESTERN TOUR 2015

And now for something a bit different … FINALLY a rolling rally, as it were.:clapping:

Four destinations in four days … a “back-roads” bonanza! With visits to ‘4-Corners’ & Mexican Hat.

Ride with the group…or…Ride at your own pace:pepper:

When: June 7[SUP]th[/SUP] thru June 12[SUP]th[/SUP] 2015 Mark your calendars!!!!

Where: Cedar City, UT
Monticello, UT
Grand Junction, CO
Cortez, CO
Kanab, UT

Schedule: Day 1: Start June 8[SUP]th[/SUP] from Cedar City, UT to Monticello, UT
Day 2: Monticello, UT to Grand Junction, CO
Day 3: Grand Junction to Cortez, CO via Delta, Ouray,
Silverton & Durango, CO
Day 4: Cortez to Kanab, UT via Mexican Hat, UT SR 261 (a
Wild & Crazy Twisties ride).:(
Day 5: We all head home

Routing: Keep watching this thread

Hotels: We have a block of rooms reserved. Please make your own reservations, mentioning The Trike Western Tour. Book ASAP, as space is critically tight due to the summer holidays.

Hotel connections as follows:

June 7[SUP]th[/SUP] : Crystal Inn, Cedar City, UT: 435 586-8888
June 8[SUP]th[/SUP]: Rodeway Inn, Monticello, UT: 435 587-2070
June 9[SUP]th[/SUP]: Ramada Grand Junction,CO: 970 243-5150
June 10[SUP]th[/SUP]: Aneth Lodge, Cortez, CO: 877 515-8454
June 11[SUP]th[/SUP]: Royal Inn, Kanab, UT: 435 644-5373

Registration: $20 per head when we meet, to cover T-Shirt & administration

Click to Register

So I will join you in Monticello and I am booked in at the Blue Mountain Horsehead Inn 248 North main. I will ride with you to Grand Junction and then down to Cortez. In grand Junction I booked at Travel Lodge Grand Junction and in Cortez at the Aneth. See you in 118 days.

Well it seems that I am going to have to hold on to my hat, at least at this time. We are planing on visiting friends in this area in conjunction with this tour but now find we have conflicting dates at least at this point. I will continue to follow this thread and post for sure any changes. There maybe a possibility of joining the group in route..
Kent: I did forward this info to the two people that I thought would be interested.
[SUB]
N
ote: For those of you that have not been in this part of our country do yourselves a favor and don't miss this rally I doubt you'll be disappointed. [/SUB]

The hotels listed in post #7 were done for mapping purposes only. I will be updating the actual tour routes going directly to the host hotels. But as it stands you will get a good idea of the area and roads to be traveled.
For those who have not seen this part of the country you are in for a real visual treat. This is some of the prettiest and most diverse territory you will see in any 4 days of riding anyplace in this great country, if not the world. Honestly you have to see it to believe it.

Just plotted these locations on my Google maps program... Am I missing something? Seems to be a lot of unnecessary backtracking between Monticello and Grand Junction. Wouldn't it work better to switch the dates for these two towns so you only have to ride between them once? Or leave Monticello out completely?

Just plotted these locations on my Google maps program... Am I missing something? Seems to be a lot of unnecessary backtracking between Monticello and Grand Junction. Wouldn't it work better to switch the dates for these two towns so you only have to ride between them once? Or leave Monticello out completely?
There is no backtracking at all. We leave Monticello, pass through Cortez and go up the west side of the Rockies. From Grand Junction we will be coming down through Delta, Ouray, Silverton, Durango then Cortez for the night. We might cross paths in Cortez then head south and west towards 4 corners then on to Kayenta, Page and Kanab.

If you need help in Grand Junction .. Let me know .. don't know how much I'll be able to ride ... middle of pool season (I do gotta work sometime) ... but available to help if needed ... might even be able to get the Band of Brothers to help out if needed (I'm not a member but I do go to their Bible Study).

If you need help in Grand Junction .. Let me know .. don't know how much I'll be able to ride ... middle of pool season (I do gotta work sometime) ... but available to help if needed ... might even be able to get the Band of Brothers to help out if needed (I'm not a member but I do go to their Bible Study).

PM sent

There are only 88 days left to get your registration in and your rooms booked. I just looked on the registration list and so far its just Kent, Ghalib, and me.Now the three of us do have a great time when we are together but "the more the merrier" as they say. It would be nice to have another couple of dozen of you or more with us. This is great riding country and a good time of year to be in it.

There are only 88 days left to get your registration in and your rooms booked. I just looked on the registration list and so far its just Kent, Ghalib, and me.Now the three of us do have a great time when we are together but "the more the merrier" as they say. It would be nice to have another couple of dozen of you or more with us. This is great riding country and a good time of year to be in it.

ThumbUpAmen to that. The more the merrier:pepper: So come one...come ALL

Sorry, Dude, but while your ride basically starts and ends in your own back yard, it would take me 1000 miles to get to the start of your ride, and another 1000 miles to get back home again afterwards. I think I'll hold out for something a bit closer to MY home.

Hi I might make this ride again this year. Had a great time in 2013. My wife had health troubles last year so we could not make it. I would like to know if I could bring friends and possibly some 2 wheelers this year. Hope to see you there.

Hi I might make this ride again this year. Had a great time in 2013. My wife had health troubles last year so we could not make it. I would like to know if I could bring friends and possibly some 2 wheelers this year. Hope to see you there.

Hiya Slim:

OF COURSE! Bring ya pals...2w or 3w.
Pls don't forget to sign in all riders + pax.
Look forward to seeing you again.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png