You would be proud! I am!

Jolie

Jan 16, 2015
Nokomis, IL USA
I know I'm taking baby steps but my confidence is pretty well there now. I took the trike out and put 44 miles on it. In town and out on the blacktop. I first went to breakfast and everyone was looking at the trike. One guy even sat down and ate breakfast with me and talked trikes and bikes, he was out of high school before I started there. It's amazing all the "new" friends a person gets. Then I went to the high school for a few minutes and rode and then got on the blacktop and up to 55mph. Yes I did it. I'm cautious, not careless.

I rode for awhile then turned around and came back, rode around town some more and then back out on the highway. I killed it twice (which means I'm getting better lol) and sometimes I don't shift as smooth but with practice I'll get better. I forget to turn the signal off for about a block and a half so still a work in progress. But I'm confident I can get the trike to the dealer soon to get the speakers replaced (after their big weekend next weekend) and if I start out early for the safety trike course in June I can do it. Overtime at work will end after tomorrow so nice days I will be out putting miles on Thunderstruck. Couldn't have done it without everyone here!!!

Way to go Jolie! At this rate you should be able to make the trip to Maggie Valley in September. Well it would be a good goal for you anyway. Keep it up Kiddo!

GOOD for you Jolie :)... You remind me of when I 1st started to ride a street bike back in 1982. I too took my time and got the feel for the bike. A lot of thinking goes on while your 1st out there ridin. After a while somethings will be come second nature to you. If you ride with others you can learn from them also. Just by watching what they do. Congrat's ... The safety course is a GREAT Idea for anyone to take. ThumbUp Hope you have more stories to share with us soon.........Rick

I never could figure out why the bike didn't have self cancel turn signals?
My friend wired in a small buzzer on his wife's because she could never remember to turn them off either.

Be careful Jolie, forgetting to turn them off may cause someone to pull out in front of you at intersections?

Good for you Jolie, your doing it right. When you break 1000 miles you'll be on your way. :clapping:

doing good Jolie

I know I'm taking baby steps but my confidence is pretty well there now. I took the trike out and put 44 miles on it. In town and out on the blacktop. I first went to breakfast and everyone was looking at the trike. One guy even sat down and ate breakfast with me and talked trikes and bikes, he was out of high school before I started there. It's amazing all the "new" friends a person gets. Then I went to the high school for a few minutes and rode and then got on the blacktop and up to 55mph. Yes I did it. I'm cautious, not careless.

I rode for awhile then turned around and came back, rode around town some more and then back out on the highway. I killed it twice (which means I'm getting better lol) and sometimes I don't shift as smooth but with practice I'll get better. I forget to turn the signal off for about a block and a half so still a work in progress. But I'm confident I can get the trike to the dealer soon to get the speakers replaced (after their big weekend next weekend) and if I start out early for the safety trike course in June I can do it. Overtime at work will end after tomorrow so nice days I will be out putting miles on Thunderstruck. Couldn't have done it without everyone here!!!

Jolie you are doing grate, ride as much as you can, parking lots are for starts, stops & fig. 8s . after you safety course, go out and have fun, meet some of the trike talk people you will love it

Way to go, I remember when I first started I started in parking lots! I was the parking lot queen until I was comfortable with the way it turned and getting the clutch and brake down. I never rode two up, so it was a whole new learning experience for me. Before I knew it I was out on the highways, and never looked back. You are doing great!

Thank you everyone!! I'm on cloud 9 today and I found a new road that is not real busy and its very smooth (Illinois is famous from terrible roads) and the drive is beautiful. I'll be riding it on a day off when its sunny and not raining. A round trip will be about 60 miles. Will be a good addition to the miles experience I need before the trike safety course. I'm even going to ride to the dealer Wednesday to make my appointment for the speakers to be replaced. Rather ride than call. Another 60 miles round trip. LOL Gotta get those miles where I can.

And good point about the signals. I will make a point of remembering to turn them off. Sure wish they were self cancelling, or at least beeped while on as a reminder.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to go, I remember when I first started I started in parking lots! I was the parking lot queen until I was comfortable with the way it turned and getting the clutch and brake down. I never rode two up, so it was a whole new learning experience for me. Before I knew it I was out on the highways, and never looked back. You are doing great!

That is awesome! The parking lot gives my confidence a boost to then get out on the road. I'm so glad to hear from another gal and her experience. :) I got a lot of waves from gals today as I rode around town so another confidence booster!

You might ask your dealer about putting a little light by the speakers that flashes when signals are on ... or maybe one of those beep beep things for backing up ... just a thought.

I have a flashing light on the speedometer but I tend to not look at it enough. I hope with more riding I'll get a little more coordinated with everything.

I have a flashing light on the speedometer but I tend to not look at it enough. I hope with more riding I'll get a little more coordinated with everything.

The flashing light on the speedo isn't real noticeable until dark.
The flashing light up higher where it will be easier noticed isn't a bad idea really just watch how amps they draw?

The door chimes on a car are actually pretty small and perhaps you can see one at an auto parts store. Look them up on E-bay? Shouldn't be to hard to wire in and cheaper than extra signal lights?

Rode again yesterday. The new ramp makes it so easy to get in and out. I worked til 2pm but there was sun until the rainstorms started at 6. Every chance I get I'm getting out. I did much better with the turn signals and shutting them off. I'm a work in progress but it's going great. Can't wait to take my first little road trip to another town soon but rain is in the forecast for awhile. I'll be patient. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png