Rear bumper

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I just purchased a new Triglide and I have about 600 miles on it. I traded my 2011 electric glide on it. Best decision I made I love the bike. I'm considering a rear bumper for the bike wondering if it just bolts to existing holes in the frame?

Hello & welcome to Trike Talk ! I hope you find all the information you can use here.
There is a lot of experience on this forum. Also a lot of friends that will help answer all the questions they can. Also there is a lot of kidding around, so don't get upset !
I think you are going to really like your new toy!
The bumper should be a bolt-on application. I only have a '12ym with the bumper & it was just a bolt-on. The mounts changed with the '14ym, but with the correct part it should be an easy fit.
Ride Safe !

Just a bolt on deal for the HD bumper anyway. Now get you a DK lift kit and some floorboard extenders and you will be set. Welcome to the club .

Steve

I concur. Bumper, DK Lift kit and floor board extensions are a must! Enjoy your new ride. I'm loving mine more and more each time I ride.

I don't have the rear bumper yet. Guess I should consider one too. It's been almost 2 weeks since I bought anything for my Trike so I'm due.

Welcome from Colorado. I put the bumper on my trike. The kit came with longer bolts and goes back in existing bolt holes. Just need a little Loc-Tite, socket wrench and box end or crescent wrench. It helps to have something to kneel on.

I also just got a new Triglide in July. What does DK lift do for the Trike

Better ride+

Ride better, handle better and better ground clearance thats all. And most of all doesn't look like it is dragging it's butt on the ground. :Shrug: ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Is it hard to install. Also want to put bumper on. Should I do at the same time. Thanks for the help. Jack

Trike extended shock mount brackets (trike lift kit of choice) require a well supported trike with the rear wheels removed, a butane lighter to heat up the bolts (that's what I use to soften the factory loctite), and some basic tools (I use a 3/8 air ratchet with sockets). It is about a 1.5 hour job the first time you do it. If you consider yourself a mechanic you can do it!

Bob :Dorag:

Ride better, handle better and better ground clearance thats all. And most of all doesn't look like it is dragging it's butt on the ground. :Shrug: ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Yep What Fearless said, I installed my own lift kit and I ordered the Bumper when I bought the trike. the HD shop installed the Bumper if they can do it then (well you know the rest) ;)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png