Freewheeler Nightrider FL-Vied-10 Installed Today..

Cool!

Been traveling and have not been able to keep up with all the threads...I just read thru this one for the first time.

I know the XiED products work, been using them myself for years, and have helped thousands of Customers get rid of that low speed stutter/hesitation that the newer EFI bikes have...

.....BUT.... To get a ThumbUp from you, I'm almost speechless. Very cool! :)

Thank you!

Do you mind if we quote you on your experience at this LINK?

Kevin

Absolutely, Proud to offer my opinion, just surprised you would want it :laugh:

I may have to try this myself.
I had a pcv and used it on the free and dyno tuner. I was happy with the results but the mpg drop. Went from 37mpg to 27 mpg. The trike runs great and has impressive power increase with the pcv.
but the mpg drop is more than I can chew

I may have to try this myself. I had a pcv and used it on the free and dyno tuner. I was happy with the results but the mpg drop. Went from 37mpg to 27 mpg. The trike runs great and has impressive power increase with the pcv. but the mpg drop is more than I can chew

Ya mpg are important.

I recently set my FL-Vied-10 units at the 75% set point from the 50% set point as stated in the above postings. This was done after adding my new stage 1 air cleaner to see how the Trike would perform. The problem is my milage dropped down to 27/28 mpg today on a 250 + mile ride. At the 75% set point the performance increases were so small that it did not justify the mpg losses for me.

So I decided at the 125 mile mark of my 250+ mile ride today when fueling up to set the FL-Vied-10 units back to the 50% set point.

The Trike still ran great and performed very well and my mpg came back up to around the 33/34 mpg range.

As stated before it is nice to be able to fine tune the FL-Vied-10 units on the fly. It took about 2 minutes in the gas station parking lot.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 285
UPDATE: After about 800 miles running the F's at factory setting, I adjusted them to max. Another 500 miles and I think I got it right. Max rich seems to do the trick. VERY happy!!

I know Im way late to the party. What I want to know is if you ever beat your neighbors corvette. Enjoy the desert. I am glad I live in MT. but come winter I really miss the desert. Girlfriends health won't allow me to move back or id be packing my bags.

I know Im way late to the party. What I want to know is if you ever beat your neighbors corvette. Enjoy the desert. I am glad I live in MT. but come winter I really miss the desert. Girlfriends health won't allow me to move back or id be packing my bags.

Well, with the Megaphone exhaust I'm a whole lot louder than he is :D. Can't even come close to his Suzuki 600 cc either, but then Freewheelers are cruisers not racers.... I'm louder than that ricer too

i run mine at 75% on my streetglide, but when installed on my tri- glide i was getting some popping in the exhaust so i turned them down to 25% and it went away. free flowing mufflers with no cat requires you to turn them downa bit because of reversion.

i should add to above post i ran mine at 75,50 and now 25% and it runs good. 50% and i was getting some popping out of the pipes due to reversion. free flowing mufflers need to be lean out some.

I am a little confused on what do I use to point to the setting on my Vieds. I used the two little dots and had them pointed to what would be 50% in the diagram. Is that right?

I am a little confused on what do I use to point to the setting on my Vieds. I used the two little dots and had them pointed to what would be 50% in the diagram. Is that right?

Yes. Straight up is 50%. I run 62.5% with no cat, stock mufflers, stock air cleaner on my 2014.

Bob :D

Your bike is set up like mine. Just added the fuel moto header and leaving the stock mufflers and air cleaner. Thanks for the clarification.

matt

(Update)

I took another long ride today with side cover off the Trike so I could have access to the FL-Vied-10 setting adjusters. I also took a small jewelers screwdriver to make adjustments as needed.

I tried both the 45% and the 50% settings and the 75% setting again. Hands down the 50% setting worked best for my set up giving better throttle responce and no decel popping. The 45% setting had weaker throttle responce and some decel popping. The 75% setting was like I said before a tad rich for my set up and did not provide as crisp of throttle response, more sluggish feeling.

50% is where I will keep the FL-Vied-10 units on my Freewheeler Trike. ThumbUp

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

43 is the best I ever got
The M8 is getting 55 on the nose with out any adds yet

As I said before, for the first 800 miles I had mine at 50%. Since I had new mufflers, I noticed that the ends were still shiny chrome. I upped them to 100% and they started to blacken a little. This is what I wanted, means the trike is running richer. Better richer than leaner. No hesitation, no popping runs great with over 20,000 miles. LOVE this scoot.

Oh, wife's '14 Tri-Glide is set the same way, same aftermarket mufflers, also runs great

Just curious...

Can using the FL VIED show up on a Milwaukee 8

computer scan , even it is removed before taking it to the

dealer for routine service or some other

problem?

I have an extended warranty and do NOT want to

void my warranty

Thanks in advance

Dante ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png