How many have V&H Trike Deluxe slip-ons?

WindyOne

500+ Posts
Dec 3, 2009
Va.
Considering making a change from stock to V&H trike deluxe slipons. If the sound bytes are true to what I would hear in person they don't sound much louder than stock, just deeper in tone.
The recorded sound could be off so I ask those that have them how they are compared to stock?

I have them on mine. They get a little louder over time but not by much. Deeper tone than stock. You don't have to worry about dragging them on driveway or concrete even tho I do have the lift kit. Mine has the oval tips. I wanted to go louder when I first bought the trike but the dealer talked me into to these and I like them.

I wasn't planning on changing out my stock mufflers until I took the right one off today. I found about a 5 inch scape on the bottom of it and slight damage to the end. Almost all this happened either before I bought it or before I installed the lift kit. I do know that 2 days ago pulling into the street from the gas pumps I managed to scrape them.
Now that I have seen the damage, even though it is slight, it bothers me to be there.

I have them on my Trike and am satisfied. They will bark if you grab the throttle, but while cruising, they don't overpower the radio.

Just this past weekend, I pulled onto the road and heard something dragging. One of the tips was dragging the pavement. There are three stainless allen button head screws holding the tips on in a triangular configuration. The top screw was gone, the second was still in the tip and the third was holding the tip on by about three threads.

While looking things over, there are four cap screws holding the baffle in. Three of those were missing.:AGGHH:

A trip to the hardware store solved my lack of missing stainless hardware!ThumbUp

I have them on my Trike and am satisfied. They will bark if you grab the throttle, but while cruising, they don't overpower the radio.

Just this past weekend, I pulled onto the road and heard something dragging. One of the tips was dragging the pavement. There are three stainless allen button head screws holding the tips on in a triangular configuration. The top screw was gone, the second was still in the tip and the third was holding the tip on by about three threads.

While looking things over, there are four cap screws holding the baffle in. Three of those were missing.:AGGHH:

A trip to the hardware store solved my lack of missing stainless hardware!ThumbUp

Yikes How long have you had them? Is there a locktite lower than blue? I thought there was a yellow but I am not sure. If I do buy these I will for sure check those screws and add some locktite to them. Thanks for sharing that.

Yikes How long have you had them? Is there a locktite lower than blue? I thought there was a yellow but I am not sure. If I do buy these I will for sure check those screws and add some locktite to them. Thanks for sharing that.

I had them installed when I purchased the trike new in 2012. I looked at Loctite's website and ended up using the red. The website says once cured, it takes 500 degrees to loosen and withstands vibration. (guess we will see)

I did check the other slip on and baffle screws and they were tight.

There is Green lock-tite, I used it on the bracket-Tie link thats on the top of the head [Two 9/16 bolts] They would loosen every 500 miles or so, Two years + now and tight as a drum..ThumbUp

That's the one, Yellow was in my mind but not what I was thinking of using. Green is a lighter usage and more for those screws I think. Thanks for clearing that up.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png