want to upgrade wheels and tires

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
Looking to upgrade the wheels and tires on my 2007 Goldwing Lehman Momarch II trike. I would like to go to a 17" wheel with low profile tires. What are the specs for the wheel that I need to look for?

I was finally able to talk to someone at Lehman. 4 x 4.25 bolt pattern. 17 -19 mm offset.

What width wheel are you talking about,Oscar? On a 17x7 wheel,a +19mm offset equates to a 4.75" backspacing. Can you give us an idea as to your wheel budget? Any photos of the wheel style you want?

I'm just starting the process of looking for wheels and tires. I've seen 17" wheels with low profile tires on the forum. I will have to see what is available for the Lehman wheel specs now that I have them. As far as budget goes, I will start looking at that once I find wheels that work.

As long as offset and width it should work. Just use the lower profile tires that are as close as the same height there should not be a problem.
Amy automotive wheel store should have a good selection if they carry the correct offset.

The offset is to clear brake parts and other things behind the wheel and to have the tire/wheel for the same placement of tires and fenders.

Maybe a dumb question, but will a 17" low profile fit in the wheel well? I looked on the Lehman website and they only offer 15" tires (standard or upgrade) and they look like a tight fit..

http://www.lehmantrikes.com/dealers/...s/brand/honda/

Wheel diameter doesn't matter all that much,within reason. Tire diameter does.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just starting the process of looking for wheels and tires. I've seen 17" wheels with low profile tires on the forum. I will have to see what is available for the Lehman wheel specs now that I have them. As far as budget goes, I will start looking at that once I find wheels that work.

Show me a wheel style that you really like and I'll help you find some options,Oscar.

Don't think those wheels are gonna work on a Transformer. They aren't available with enough back spacing.

Don't think those wheels are gonna work on a Transformer. They aren't available with enough back spacing.
Summit Racing Part Number:USW-021-7741PBLK
Wheel, Drift Star, Steel, Gloss Black, 16 in. x 7.0 in., 4 x 100mm Bolt Circle, 4.500 in. Backspace
Hannigans specs: 16x7, 4x100 bolt pat, 42mm offset.
??

Summit Racing Part Number:USW-021-7741PBLK
Wheel, Drift Star, Steel, Gloss Black, 16 in. x 7.0 in., 4 x 100mm Bolt Circle, 4.500 in. Backspace
Hannigans specs: 16x7, 4x100 bolt pat, 42mm offset.
??

+42 offset on a 7" width = 5.75" backspace.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing Champion would be the same bolt pattern and back spacing.

More research on that is needed. I'm not sure if that's the case.

Looking to upgrade the wheels and tires on my 2007 Goldwing Lehman Momarch II trike. I would like to go to a 17" wheel with low profile tires. What are the specs for the wheel that I need to look for?

I have 18" on mine ThumbUp

Attachments

• 2008-Honda-Lehman-MonarchII-Goldwing.jpg
    2008-Honda-Lehman-MonarchII-Goldwing.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 78
+42 offset on a 7" width wheel = 5.75" backspace.
+12 offset on a 7"width wheel + 4.50" backspace

Another comment: I would not use a steel wheel on the rear of my trike. They are much heavier than an equivalent aluminum wheel. Heavier wheels add unsprung weight which will hurt ride quality,increase braking distance,and will be harder to accelerate.

Wheel

+42 offset on a 7" width wheel = 5.75" backspace.
+12 offset on a 7"width wheel + 4.50" backspace

Another comment: I would not use a steel wheel on the rear of my trike. They are much heavier than an equivalent aluminum wheel. Heavier wheels add unsprung weight which will hurt ride quality,increase braking distance,and will be harder to accelerate.

This is starting to get difficult. Any idea where I can get a aluminum wheel like the one I'm looking for??
attachment.php

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png