Not just tuff, champion tuff!

Wish the pics were bigger, cant really see the fork covers very well.

I will try and get some good pictures later Randy.
Right now im just too shot.

Doing a little nitro tonight to get everything in sync, Tomorrow will be a better day I expect though it's hard to beat just having it home and out of my buddies shop where I rebuilt it.
The ride home felt really good.

One thing is for sure it's done right cause I did it.
The only thing that isn't new on my 26 yr. old tour glide in the last 2 years is the transmission.

Did you get my message about the trees shipping?

A few of my friends here have asked to see some pictures of my newly rebuilt trike so here they are.

I wanted to put it back to what it was with some improvements, most would have to look hard to see the subtle differences, suffice it to say that everything on this trike is basically fresh and newly rebuilt within the last two years save for the transmission.

It has a brand new front end from the axle up. Even has a new windshield and crash bar, and I was able to find new cruising pegs the same as the old ones.

I made a center foot peg on the left side so I can get my crippled butt on/off easier.
I got the new clear plastic bra on the front trike fenders and intend to do some on the fairing and lowers.

I have a new seat and backrest covers compliments of Junes upholstery off e-bay for a great price also.
Beats buying a whole new seat for sure!

I tried to paint it as close to original as humanly possible.

One noticeable change is the upper front fork covers.

I had thought about completely blacking out the front forks but I like the way it looks now and am glad I didn't.
My friend would like to get a set for his tri-glide but you would have to take the forks off to do it.

If you click on the picture it may enlarge?

Doing all the mechanical work myself allowed me to come out ahead on the insurance money so I could add a few goodies and improvments.

DSCF3226 (600 x 448).jpg

DSCF3230 (600 x 448).jpg

A trick of the light makes it look like it has a scratch in the fairing.

DSCF3231 (600 x 448).jpg

DSCF3232 (600 x 448).jpg

IMG_3869 (600 x 450).jpg

I think a lot of the regulars were watching ball games this weekend or out riding before winter sets in, I know it was slower than normal here for a weekend.

OK my comment is, I hate you got nailed twice but have to say it looks better than ever! You did one hellofa job on the re-do buddy!

I'm just jealous cause I can't bring one back from the dead like that. So I tend not to even look cause it's depressing.:kpzxvq: Then too, how many times before a thumbs up becomes meaningless?;)

I think it looks great and you do real good work. Lots of time though away from riding this year though - like me.

It would only be better if you bought my 113" new (extra) motor to go in it!

Ride hard before the snow flies!

Thanks everyone, man it was allot of hard frustration and my refusal to hurry even though things didn't proceed as fast as I wished and my patience gets thin at times when waiting on parts and painters etc.

The most frustrating is waiting for and arguing with insurance company's. You sure as hell wouldn't have such a fight on your hands if were a car repair?

I still have to go to court in Nov. on an issue concerning being hit the second time, It seems they still don't think it's their fault even though I got nailed from behind a she got the citation? :Shrug:

It cost me this summers riding it sure feels good to have it on the road again

personal Kudus and recomendations

:Coffee: At this point I want to take time to recognize Ron, the owner of an obscure and not as yet very recognized motorcycle shop on N. Lincoln St. in Casper Wyoming. The guy knows what he's talking about!

Ron went out of his way to research, locate and procure the (new)vintage and obsolete parts my bike required.
he gave it priority when I needed some help and made things allot easier. He found parts that I had a struggle searching for myself.
If you can give him some business, He doesn't just focus on Harley Davidson.:pepper:

Thanks to Zook for getting my new 9 degree raked triple tree to me asap!:clapping:

Thanks to Straight lines body and paint for doing a nice job even though they weren't all that quick at getting it done, they treated me fairly.:Coffee:

Thanks to my old friend Ron Rainbolt for the use of his shop ( well supplied with needed tools) and his help when I need an extra hand. ThumbUp

Thanks to the Harley gods for smiling down on me after I was smitten down by the public fly swatters in their cages!:laugh:

Thanks everyone, man it was allot of hard frustration and my refusal to hurry even though things didn't proceed as fast as I wished and my patience gets thin at times when waiting on parts and painters etc.

The most frustrating is waiting for and arguing with insurance company's. You sure as hell wouldn't have such a fight on your hands if were a car repair?

I still have to go to court in Nov. on an issue concerning being hit the second time, It seems they still don't think it's their fault even though I got nailed from behind a she got the citation? :Shrug:

It cost me this summers riding it sure feels good to have it on the road again

Congratulations on a beautiful repair job. As one who narrowly escaped the grim reaper in a motorcycle accident I marvel at your equally good fortune. If you are ever in SLC, stop by and see us. I'd love to swap stories.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png