dragging pipes and hitch on Hannigan 2012

Judge1962

Jul 13, 2015
Murray,KY,USA
We have a 2012 w/Hannigan conversion. We love the ride but have one issue with it. We drag the end of the pipes and hitch when going in and out of drives and over speed bumps. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a easy fix with out loosing the ride?

Thanks much for this Post.
As with any Unit like our Trikes (or any other Manufacturer of Trikes) that has a 77" Wheelbase and low Rear Ground Clearance. "scraping" is an unfortunate yet common Issue. It is difficult if not impossible to effect a true Solution without conversely creating another which may be even more displeasing.

The best Method to address the Issue is of a Preventative nature. Easiest & Simplest Way is to decrease the possibility of dragging/scraping occurring by altering One's Angle of Approach to the Terrain or "Obstacle". Try hitting the Curb, Speed-bump, steep Driveway, etc. at an approx. 30* Angle depending upon the Obstacle itself. Doing such will usually avoid scraping/dragging all together or vastly reduce it from happening.

Hope that helps and will prevent or reduce the scraping problem you are experiencing.
All the best to you and we do thank you for your Post and your ownership of a Hannigan Trike
ThumbUp

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to say this is a 2012 Goldwing w/Hannigan Trike

Thanks much for this Post.
As with any Unit like our Trikes (or any other Manufacturer of Trikes) that has a 77" Wheelbase and low Rear Ground Clearance. "scraping" is an unfortunate yet common Issue. It is difficult if not impossible to effect a true Solution without conversely creating another which may be even more displeasing.

The best Method to address the Issue is of a Preventative nature. Easiest & Simplest Way is to decrease the possibility of dragging/scraping occurring by altering One's Angle of Approach to the Terrain or "Obstacle". Try hitting the Curb, Speed-bump, steep Driveway, etc. at an approx. 30* Angle depending upon the Obstacle itself. Doing such will usually avoid scraping/dragging all together or vastly reduce it from happening.

Hope that helps and will prevent or reduce the scraping problem you are experiencing.
All the best to you and we do thank you for your Post and your ownership of a Hannigan Trike
ThumbUp

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to say this is a 2012 Goldwing w/Hannigan Trike

Thank you

Maybe I've been lucky, I haven't drug anything on my 2012 Hannigan wing. But then I was schooled early on when I had a Triglide, out of the box that sucker drug its tail often. I had to put a lift kit on the Triglide to make it stop. I learned as Hannigan put it, alter my approach when I thought I might drag something.

Thank you for the reply.

Maybe I've been lucky, I haven't drug anything on my 2012 Hannigan wing. But then I was schooled early on when I had a Triglide, out of the box that sucker drug its tail often. I had to put a lift kit on the Triglide to make it stop. I learned as Hannigan put it, alter my approach when I thought I might drag something.

When I approach something that I think will cause me to drag, I raise up off my seat. - Funny that this doesn't seem to help much.

Now that's funny ... probably because I do the same thing with the same result.

Definition of insanity: Performing the same task over and over again expecting a different outcome.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png