New Classic Trike

Reaction score
Hello...So my Mother and Father bought a 2005 H[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]arley[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][/FONT][/FONT] Davidson Electra glide Classic trike and really never rode as much as they thought. I never really cared much for the trikes but my wife and I have been looking to put some miles on [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]the [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]road[/FONT][/FONT]. I had a 1998 Vulcan for the longest time till I "upgraded" to a 1970 FLH Shovelhead. I had high hopes for it but in the last 3 months it hasn't been so nice to us. [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Anyway[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][/FONT][/FONT] there made us an offer we could not refuse. So it looks like I am the new owner of a trike. It has 6,800 miles on it and a Champion solid axle trike conversion kit.

This came with the bike when my Parent bought it but I don't know if its ever been used. The bike sure is not going to when any races.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is the exhaust the look like stock but sound like aftermarket. The are louder then most stock exhaust I have ever heard but there is no name to be found on the pipes.

Here is a little video of it.

Nice Clean machine welcome

You and your wife will surely love the comfort and style, we love ours. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: ride safely fearless

You have true dual exhaust with modified stock baffles in the stock muffler cans. The stock crossover pipe from the rear cylinder has been removed. Most likely it cracked. Cracking was a common issue.

The TTS Mastertune if it was used would have been for the modified exhaust to calibrate the ecm . You also have a open air filter system that along with the exhaust change would have left the stock tune too lean with your engine running poorly.

I'm thinking about changing the slip-on with something else. These sound good at idle but I can not hear them when cruising along at 65-70. I would also like to get more torque out of the bike. I know the trike part adds weight but I get left in the dust.

I'm thinking about changing the slip-on with something else. These sound good at idle but I can not hear them when cruising along at 65-70. I would also like to get more torque out of the bike. I know the trike part adds weight but I get left in the dust.

The right cams will help with adding more torque. The true duals hurt you a little in the torque dept as it sits now. Adding a free flowing muffler would hurt you even more so.

looks nice..In the video did I hear a POP on decal when you were revving the engine?

Nice looking ride, sounds good.
I used to ride thur Mascouth almost every day til I retired. Now about once a week.
Enjoy your ride and be safe.

You might try some thunder torque inserts before swapping ... cheap fix and as stated before, the true duals hurt you in the torque area, DK Customs sell them.

You might appreciate the quite at 65-70 mph on a trip ... LOL ... some of the after market stuff really can "drone" at steady speed. Just a thought :D

Really, really nice. Put a lot of miles on in and enjoy. I am sure it will make your parents feel good for you to drive and go places with it. BTW welcome to the forum. We will look forward to hearing of your trip reports.:)

Very nice trike. You will love it. Get with a cam person that knows what they are talking about. You have a nice platform to work from if you want more umph. Good luck with you research.

Welcome and enjoy the riding.
I am not sure about the TTS but doesn't it have an autotune feature to it?

I don't know about the TTS. It doesn't have the cables so I can't hook it. My parents bought the bike the way it sits so I don't now that it's ever been installed. It is just a guess that it was done when somebody made it into a trike.

I don't know about the TTS. It doesn't have the cables so I can't hook it. My parents bought the bike the way it sits so I don't now that it's ever been installed. It is just a guess that it was done when somebody made it into a trike.

You could buy cables for it not too expensive. Better than buying a whole new tuner. Contact TTS.

Nice trike. Ride it a bit, figure out what you want to enhance or change then do it and ride some more. Welcome, from New Mexico. Jim

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png