2 1/2 weeks for HD to even START work on my TG

Next update. First "inspector" warranty insurance sent was not who was expected. Was a non-mechanic. Took pics. List of parts needed sent in. Insurance whined and sent another inspector. They weren't even thinking the soaked stator until I brought it up. At this point, I'm feeling I will be lucky if I see it by 2016.<br />
Backup bike doing good. Just passed 120k. New crank sensor<br />
going in right now.

Gave error code. Sitting in your independent shop while it gets done.

I talked directly to warranty insurance company yesterday. The good news is that what they told me jibes with what HD is telling me. Turns out, they were even on the phone 1 1/2 hrs before I called. HD doesn't have engines sitting around or rebuilt in stock anymore. Only rebuilding at shops done now. $3000 worth of parts ordered at present. And they can't work on broken reverse motor until it can be shown to another inspector.
At this rate, I may need to buy a pair of "2016" New Years glasses to wear when I finally get it back.

Week nine. Just talked to HD. Trike up on lift with engine being rebuilt. Might be done late next week....Then they have to look at reverse motor. Someday.

11 1/2 weeks and the long national nightmare is over. <br />
Just got home with trike. Stopped by office on bike after 400 miles for work since yesterday and called HD (why would anyone call me). Told trike all done. They were just doing paperwork. Rushed home to get trailer. Reverse motor also replaced. Shown exactly what caused whole mess. Can see a pressed collar with a big gap from fly wheel. Suspected its had that for quite a while..

Now need to get 500 miles on it to break it in. Did 3700 miles on the 2-wheeler while trike in shop. That's up to 121k miles.

11 1/2 weeks and the long national nightmare is over.
Just got home with trike. Stopped by office on bike after 400 miles for work since yesterday and called HD (why would anyone call me). Told trike all done. They were just doing paperwork. Rushed home to get trailer. Reverse motor also replaced. Shown exactly what caused whole mess. Can see a pressed collar with a big gap from fly wheel. Suspected its had that for quite a while..

Now need to get 500 miles on it to break it in. Did 3700 miles on the 2-wheeler while trike in shop. That's up to 121k miles.

Congrats on getting your Trike back!!! It took them long enough but at least it done. I thought maybe they were holding out so they could give it to you for Christmas.:AGGHH:
The way you ride 500 miles is just a short spin, that will happen in one day!!

Be safe out there!!

:qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt::qpnmt:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png