GL1800 Champion conversion w/AUX GAS TANK?

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
I have looked all over and I know that Champion doesn't offer an auxiliary gas tank. Anyone fit one or know of an installer who fit an aux tank on a Champion conversion? I am talk at least 4 gallons and 5 or more would be better and have the thing integrated where it fed the main tank or there was a cut over switch w/fuel pump to access the extra gas like on a Roadsmith. I don't want to stick the aux tank in the trunk, by the way... has to be under-body somewhere.

If the Champion is short wheel base there is not enough room for that large a tank.
My CSC tank is around 3 1/2 gallons.

I called Champion and their tech guy (Bill), told me there was not enough room under the trike body for a tank due the way it is engineered but gave me the phone number for a trike shop in San Angelo that adds a tank to what was described as a cooler holder that attaches to the hitch (a little platform outside the back of the trike) that holds a gas tank that can be integrated into the GL1800 fuel system. This wouild be something to consider if going on long trips but i would not want to ride around where there was traffic because being rear-ended would be an explosion waiting to happen. I know the main tank holds the same potential but an exposed tank hung off the rear makes me a bit nervous. If I were going to tour rural West Texas or New Mexico and you could easiily install/remove the system then I would be in favor. Might check with the installer at some point.

I had s CSC tank instaklled

I had a CSC tank installed on my 2006 Champion trike and it works great. The installer had to do some modifying to get to fit. He works at the Honda MC dealer in Shreveport LA.