Solid axle Champion conversion owners! Need advice...

wiredgeorge

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
Champion solid axle with rake kit and fender guards. What did it cost WITH LABOR for your conversion roughly. I have to get insurance and Progressive will figure basic GL1800 value based on Goldwing level/versioin and then do the conversion as an accessory. It appear that with the solid axle kit, crating, paint, trunk mat, fender protectors and rake kit, the conversion value in hardware is about $10K. How much more was the labor? I need this amount to figure out how much accessory coverage to buy and as there are other accessories beyond the trike kit, will have to bump this amount up some to get the trike fully covered. Thanks in advance

If you are a Mototrike, Roadsmith, CSC, DFT, Hannigan conversion owner, what you paid for your trike kit or labor won't help me much so thanks for not clouding the issue bwhahaha

We have a 2004 GL1800 with a champion kit. Most of the accessories I wanted were already on it when we bought it. As soon as I got it home I sat down with the Kuryakyn, Show Chrome and Add-On catalogs. It took me less than half an hour to find more than $4500 worth of extras, like footboards, chrome dash surround, the Ring Of Fire, etc. We have $17000 in "customization" coverage through Shelter, which is anything that did not come standard on the Goldwing from the factory. As most everything came on the trike when we got it there aren't receipts, so the catalogs are proof of value of the accessories, which the agent confirmed was OK through her company rep. The only thing I added labor to install was the trike kit.

We had Progressive with the '95 1500 trike, and when it was totaled Progressive's agent went through everything on the trike with me from the Corbin seat to the Tulsa windshield and the pinstriping asking how much it cost. They paid us every cent of the accessory coverage to the limit we paid for. As for the Trike kit, call any Champion dealer and ask what it would cost to install a brand new solid axle kit complete with any extras you have on the kit (like 2 tone paint) including labor. It would be good to contact the original installer if known. Ask if they will send it to you in writing. My advice would be to get more accessory coverage than you think you need. You'll get $3000 worth of accessory coverage included, but that won't come close to the accessories most folks have , much less what the kit costs to buy and install.

We have a 2004 GL1800 with a champion kit. Most of the accessories I wanted were already on it when we bought it. As soon as I got it home I sat down with the Kuryakyn, Show Chrome and Add-On catalogs. It took me less than half an hour to find more than $4500 worth of extras, like footboards, chrome dash surround, the Ring Of Fire, etc. We have $17000 in "customization" coverage through Shelter, which is anything that did not come standard on the Goldwing from the factory. As most everything came on the trike when we got it there aren't receipts, so the catalogs are proof of value of the accessories, which the agent confirmed was OK through her company rep. The only thing I added labor to install was the trike kit.

We had Progressive with the '95 1500 trike, and when it was totaled Progressive's agent went through everything on the trike with me from the Corbin seat to the Tulsa windshield and the pinstriping asking how much it cost. They paid us every cent of the accessory coverage to the limit we paid for. As for the Trike kit, call any Champion dealer and ask what it would cost to install a brand new solid axle kit complete with any extras you have on the kit (like 2 tone paint) including labor. It would be good to contact the original installer if known. Ask if they will send it to you in writing. My advice would be to get more accessory coverage than you think you need. You'll get $3000 worth of accessory coverage included, but that won't come close to the accessories most folks have , much less what the kit costs to buy and install.

About what I expected. I have called my agent and that is about where we are with Progressive now. The trike I am getting is heavy on accessory plastic chrome... around mirrors, dash, gas tank and most all of that will come off. Nothing less fun that having your eyeballs burned out from the reflected sun! I had all that crap on my GL1500 Roadsmith conversion and got rid of it. No offense to those who do love their plastic-chrome because to each his own.

I had my 2010 triked about 3 years ago with a Champion S/A for $10,500 complete including tax. That included the carpet and bags for the fender storage. I added nothing else as I like to keep mine as simple and stealth as possible.

About what I expected. I have called my agent and that is about where we are with Progressive now. The trike I am getting is heavy on accessory plastic chrome... around mirrors, dash, gas tank and most all of that will come off. Nothing less fun that having your eyeballs burned out from the reflected sun! I had all that crap on my GL1500 Roadsmith conversion and got rid of it. No offense to those who do love their plastic-chrome because to each his own.

Hey George...

Are ya'll planning on coming to the Hill Country gathering Oct 15-16-17?? Sure hope to see you there.
I've put a shortcut to the link down below...hope it works.

We're with you on the flashy stuff.
We had some of it on past bikes but as the years went on our fingers got tired of keeping it clean and pretty - so this time around we haven't added any...decided to let the next owner do that if they want to.
However, that being said, we sure do like looking at it on other people's bikes and trikes. :)

Carla and Jim

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/28111-Texas-Hill-Country-Gathering

Hey George...

Are ya'll planning on coming to the Hill Country gathering Oct 15-16-17?? Sure hope to see you there.
I've put a shortcut to the link down below...hope it works.

We're with you on the flashy stuff.
We had some of it on past bikes but as the years went on our fingers got tired of keeping it clean and pretty - so this time around we haven't added any...decided to let the next owner do that if they want to.
However, that being said, we sure do like looking at it on other people's bikes and trikes. :)

Carla and Jim

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/28111-Texas-Hill-Country-Gathering

I dunno... hate to commit at this point as we will just be getting home from a couple thousand miles on the road. Believe it or not, I have also rode the 3s (sisters aka RR335, 336 and 337) about a hundred times and wish there were some other ride route taken once in awhile.

I dunno... hate to commit at this point as we will just be getting home from a couple thousand miles on the road. Believe it or not, I have also rode the 3s (sisters aka RR335, 336 and 337) about a hundred times and wish there were some other ride route taken once in awhile.

Must be hell living a stones throw from the best riding in the state George. :D:D:D Every time I come down your way I envy you. Yes, I'm sure it gets old for those of you that can do it often but the rest of us it's such a great treat.... Especially now that temps are coming down so we can actually enjoy the ride.... :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png