Best battery charger (trickle charger) for Triglides

Reaction score
I know that Harley has their own batter charger, but I was wondering if anyone was using any other type out there.

Thanks

Don

East coast. 5th day of rain.... :cxtv:

$30 sears

I got mine at sears auto shutdown condition lites plugged into existing connection going on 3 yrs. no problems good product without paying for HD logo. :clapping: ride safely fearless

Schumacher Battery Buddy. Have them for the Seadoos, Harleys, and Quads. Under $20 a pop. Bought 4 of them at Wal-Mart for $15. Never had a problem with a boiled out battery or a dead one. Extends the life of the battery to 4 or 5 years. Very Happy with them.

Good Luck.

I've had excellent results with an "X-treme" charger (HERE). They can usually be found on eBay, Amazon, etc in the $60 - $70 range.

The charger cases seem to come in 3 or more colors (who cares?) which I thought meant something, but it may be just be a "marketing thing". I have a red one and a yellow one and can't find any difference.

If the charger is of any interest to you after learning about them at their web site, send an email and ask if the case color means anything...

I chose a Harely Davidson labeled battery tender because it was at the dealership at the time I purchased the Trike, and I would not have to go searching for one on line or in another retail outlet. I believe it is just a re-labeled Deltran Lithium Jr.

I added strips of white tape to the cord so I would notice that it laying across the passenger seat while plugged in, and not try to ride off while it was still plugged in.

Attachments

• IMGP2594.JPG
    IMGP2594.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Deltran Jr..jpg
    Deltran Jr..jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 119
Had a Heritage Soaftail kept on a battery tender every winter,all winter, and battery lasted 10 yrs. Maybe just lucky but I use the same one on the trike.Will report back in 10 yrs ( I hope it lasts that long)

Battery tender
Same plug as a HD charger.
But low cost, under $25

which battery tendor did you use ?

- - - Updated - - -

Had a Heritage Soaftail kept on a battery tender every winter,all winter, and battery lasted 10 yrs. Maybe just lucky but I use the same one on the trike.Will report back in 10 yrs ( I hope it lasts that long)

Which battery tendor?

This is I guess is to all of you who replied bthanks

have been using Deltran Battery Tender Plus for yrs. Corvettes, Goldwings, and the Tri-Glide for the past 3 yrs. never have had a battery issue.

HD tender came with the trike, same as the battery tender jr brand, which I used for 7 years and still have it going on the battery in the toy hauler. Jim

I've been using a Schumacher WM-1562a on my boat for years and have started using it on the tri. 1.5 amp charger and then a maintainer after charged. Ordered it through Walmart for $22.

Just adding my 3 cents worth here -

Battery tenders are great chargers, but battery tenders again are charger/maintainers.
They do nothing to condition the batteries.

I've been using Battery Minders for many many years. I had a battery I just replaced out of a 1997 Softail. It was the original battery and lasted 17 years.

Battery Minder does the same as Battery Tender. It chargers and maintains a certain voltage in the battery. What the Battery Minder does in addition is it conditions the battery too. It desulfates the battery as it works.

By keeping the battery desulfated, it obviously lets the battery live a lot longer.

Check it out on the internets:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_batteryminder

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png