Boot Guards/Heel Guards Rider Floorboard

Amputee55

40+ Posts
Sep 21, 2015
Cary, NC USA
Hey Ya'll

I need recommendations on boot guards, 1) to keep my feet planted on the floorboards. 2) Keep burning rubber off the pipes.

Pls include links if you have them.

Recommendations much appreciated.

Go Army !

Hey Ya'll

I need recommendations on boot guards, 1) to keep my feet planted on the floorboards. 2) Keep burning rubber off the pipes.

Pls include links if you have them.

Recommendations much appreciated.

Go Army !

There are quite a few out there - But all about the same price. I liked the HD logo.... Right side only and I did put the Floorboard Extenders {both sides} I haven't had to clean rubber off the pipes since. Looks like the best price is here:

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.asp?PartNumber=50500225

Heel Guard.jpg

There are quite a few out there - But all about the same price. I liked the HD logo.... Right side only and I did put the Floorboard Extenders {both sides} I haven't had to clean rubber off the pipes since. Looks like the best price is here:

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.asp?PartNumber=50500225

View attachment 31525

JC1300,

I like your choice.. and that includes the blacked out pipes. What are you running there?

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread... I think that the guard is the best looking I have seen also.

When I originally bought my Freewheeler (same as Tri-Glide) I bought / installed the H-D floorboard heel guard too, P/N 50500225.

Then I installed DK Custom floorboard 1" extenders P/N DK-TR-FLB-EXT-TG. I didn't need the heel guard (my big feet were further away from the exhaust) but I liked the chrome guard, so I left it on.

However, I subsequently bought / installed H-D 1" longer floorboards P/N 50409-04. Although it's not mentioned on the H-D web site or instruction sheet, I was forced to remove the H-D floorboard heel guard. The two aren't compatible.

My 2¢ . . .

JC1300,

I like your choice.. and that includes the blacked out pipes. What are you running there?

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread... I think that the guard is the best looking I have seen also.

Thanks - Those are the Rush Headers....I am a fan of Rush in general for performance and quality, but really like them because they are ceramic coated inside and out. Drops the heat......my wife appreciates them a lot.

And they are H-pipes but don't look like it!

jc

I know this is an older thread, but here is a pic of my new floor"boards" and the Carl Miles heel guard that works great to keep my foot/boots away from the hot pipe.

Attachments

• IMGP3593.JPG
    IMGP3593.JPG
    310.9 KB · Views: 108

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back