• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

V8 Diesel Trike... old Uhaul truck

Quiet but still working!!!

Well, the clutch is in, transmission bolts up, engine mounts are fabricated and installed, front of frame is cut and capped off with a big ass piece of channel. Slow but steady

2016-12-12 21.52.03.jpg
2016-12-12 21.52.37.jpg

Great to see some more forward progress on your trikeThumbUp
Are you setting it up more for the drags, or street?
Looks & sounds good with the turbo spoolin'!

Great to see some more forward progress on your trikeThumbUp
Are you setting it up more for the drags, or street?
Looks & sounds good with the turbo spoolin'!

Oh this will be a grocery getter and road triper! My cousin also owns a biker bar just down the hill from my shop so I guess I'll be there alot too!

Haven't posted in a while. Project is not dead just taking a back seat. I added a new machine to my shop! Can you say "custom heavy duty steering neck!" ?!?!20170609_195144.jpg

....annnnnd... my pic is sideways... :/

New shop equip. looks good Brady. :clapping:

After a 5 month break, bout time to get back to work on that trike now, isn't it?:p

like your build

The rear pinion won't be 10 degrees off. As I stated earlier, I cut the saddles off of the rear axle to allow me to roll the differential/pinion to an upward angle to match the angle of the engine/transmission. The offset to allow the u joints to work will be handled by the pinon shaft which is not dead center on the axle.

did you finish your trike yet? would like to know how the front end works? would like to use build something like it to run car rim on front. thanks

20170609_195144.jpg

I can't figure how this happens ... but ... I did make it straight ... maybe it will inspire the builder to get back to the project ... LOL. Gotta admit .. it's kewl and massive.

BMB F350 Build

BMB, I have been around the trike building community for a while and have actually seen a few truck based trikes. One thing I know they ALL did and it makes your ride much more comfortable. Do some research into removing some of the leaf springs. As I am sure you already know that suspension is for very heavy loads, you could remove a bunch of them and improve your ride while still being safe.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png