Super brace

fastfreddy2015

90+ Posts
Nov 22, 2015
I live in Pasadena, Texas
I check forum daily to read/learn about fixing, solving problems with our Honda trikes or if something new comes up. Read about the super brace. Suppose to eliminate fork flex, reduce low and high wobble, improve tire life and reduce cupping, decrease sensitivity to rough surfaces and rain groves all for $179.95. Has anyone here bought one ?, does it really do all it claims to do ? My trike came with 6% rake and handles great. Don't think it can be improved much more but I never say never either. Will post some pictures later, I know no pictures no trike.

Never felt a need for one, like you I have the 6 degree and it handles great but I too am always open to better things.

I've had the on all my gold wings (2 wheelers), YI thought they made a big difference in stability ... but don't know about the effects on trikes. I would think they would have a similar effect.

I check forum daily to read/learn about fixing, solving problems with our Honda trikes or if something new comes up. Read about the super brace. Suppose to eliminate fork flex, reduce low and high wobble, improve tire life and reduce cupping, decrease sensitivity to rough surfaces and rain groves all for $179.95. Has anyone here bought one ?, does it really do all it claims to do ? My trike came with 6% rake and handles great. Don't think it can be improved much more but I never say never either. Will post some pictures later, I know no pictures no trike.

It took a lot of convincing but I finally put a Kuryakan fork brace on my 2015 Roadsmith several months ago. The very first ride I knew I had made the correct choice!!! I can't speak to solving wobble or tire cupping issues because I have never had them but all the others you mention I can tell you without a doubt will be improved or eliminated by adding a fork brace! :cool: :cool: Some things you just can't put you finger on but to me the over all feeling of the front end being way more "planted" is worth the money spent. :xszpv::xszpv:

There are several manufactures of fork braces. I chose what I did because I wanted the adjustability (Some have it while others do not.) The GL1800 forks are a bit finicky. I've owned three 1800s now and each one took different settings to get the front wheel mounted correctly. If you fix the mid fork position with a fork brace then try to get the wheel axle set correctly you may or may not get it right. With the adjustable brace, the wheel is mounted with the brace off or loose then the brace is reinstalled to match the static position of the forks. Result is that the forks are true and the internal bushing and sliders are not being forced into un-natural position.

I hope all that is clear and doesn't muddy the water. Bottom line is the fork brace is a good thing. Adjustability is important. :D

I have it on my trike. Truthfully I have no clue if its hurt or helped.
Ive always had an issue with the front end Honda uses on both the Valkerie and the GoldWing.
When asked, Ive described it as a box of rocks. So I bought a brace not knowing what to expect.
Its still rides like a box of rocks. Even with the brace added.

I have it on my trike. Truthfully I have no clue if its hurt or helped.
Ive always had an issue with the front end Honda uses on both the Valkerie and the GoldWing.
When asked, Ive described it as a box of rocks. So I bought a brace not knowing what to expect.
Its still rides like a box of rocks. Even with the brace added.

The brace didn't help the harshness any on my trike. I think that is another story all together. Probably is a better design out there but I've learned to live with what we have. As long as I don't have a death grip on the handlebars it is not too bad... :xszpv::xszpv:

Have you tried changing the front springs?

I'm running progressive springs right now Tommy. The Roadsmith is not as harsh as my MotorTrike was and I'm sure it's because of the extended wheel base putting more load on those progressive springs. I'm afraid to go back to stock springs. I just don't think they are strong enough. In all honesty, I'm not unhappy with the Roadsmith ride so I'll probably stay with what I have. As I mentioned earlier not doing the death grip thing and not leaning on the bars will help anyone with this issue. :xszpv::xszpv:

Honda Goldwings just have crappy front fork technology and the Valkarie uses the same cartridges and on my 2003 that was a bike I just never felt like they were made for the chassie of the Goldwing.. so in 2004 I sent my forks off to traxxion and had them work their magic and install the AK20 Cartridges and while they were gone I also bought a true Super Brace fork brace so when the forks arrived I reinstalled the works and changed riding for the better ever sense then. No more harsh riding front end, no more wholoing in turns or washed out feeling, removes the harsh bumps and makes them caddy smooth.... really !!! Ask my sleeping other half on the back of the now Roadsmith 2012 Triked 2003 GW, she sleep on the bike to as she just put her hands in my jacket pockets and leaned on my back until I could bounce her helmet off mine enough to wake her up...

You will really notice the difference in front tires as the cupping went away and mileage went up... now even better as a trike with Bais MPA up front.... sorry pictures aren't better but I usually don't take a photo of the front fender area... Best I got.....

Attachments

• IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    850.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 160
I replaced my front fork internals with Race Tech springs and "Gold Valves" to raise the ride height and change dampening. Gold Wings typically are under sprung. Handling was improved and I no longer bottom out on speed bumps. Both before and after the change my Champion kit had no other issues when it comes to front end vibration and had solid steering. For no reason than I wanted to see the difference by adding a Super Brace, I put one on. I felt little difference on the highway and blasting through our mountain switchbacks. I think that most riding and handling issues come from wheel balance (I do not use beads), loose steering bearings (mine are tapered) and lousy kit installations. I think that some kits react differently. I've noticed that other Champion owners do not have the same issues that we read about from other kit owners. Perhaps the Super Brace will eliminate problems down the road by stiffening and maintaining the correct front end geometry. Not sorry that I put it on, I think that it's a good idea.

Want to thank you guys for your responds on the super brace. I'm going to ride and put around 200/300 miles on my trike before I do anything to it. As I said before I have a 6% rake on it and it rides great, more curios then anything but taught if I get a huge MUST HAVE then I'd buy one. Will just be looking to dress up for now (some chrome here and there) .

Want to thank you guys for your responds on the super brace. I'm going to ride and put around 200/300 miles on my trike before I do anything to it. As I said before I have a 6% rake on it and it rides great, more curios then anything but taught if I get a huge MUST HAVE then I'd buy one. Will just be looking to dress up for now (some chrome here and there) .

Can always use more safety chrome :D

Put one on mine and it had a 6 degree rake on it. I could tell the difference. The biggest improvement was getting rid of the 235 tires and installing the 205.
David

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png